(OT) The Deed is Done

Old November 25th 11, 08:47 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Default (OT) The Deed is Done

Lesley Madigan wrote:

blessedly lucky with Dave- both of us have no real interest in
watching sports. He might listen to Scotland play football and that's
about it. Also if he wants to watch something on TV and I'm not
interested (I could live without a TV) then he's okay to watch it
whilst I read- he might occasionally say "This is good you should
watch it" but that's about all. I always tell him if that's good I'll
find myself grabbed by it and put the book down (doesn't happen very
often)

the only time I watched football on TV and enjoyed it was a couple of
Xmas' back when I was in Hastings with my brothers who wanted to go
to the pub because they wanted to watch West Ham playing Man United
and there was a huge crowd of supporters of both teams enjoying the
game the beer was flowing and everyone was having a good time. It was
very good natured on both sides...oh and it was that or get dragged
around the January sales by my SIL, the thought of which was enough to
have me shouting "Come on you Irons!" with great enthusiasm

LOL! I'm with you, and I am also not a sports fan.

--
Joyce

I will not sniff at my male human's feet after he takes his shoes off,
freeze my mouth open in disgust and then sniff my private parts to compare
odors. -- Cat Resolutions
Old November 25th 11, 08:59 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley Madigan

On Nov 25, 12:47*pm, wrote:

LOL! I'm with you, and I am also not a sports fan.

Yeah beer and soccer or January sales with my SIL....it was quite
hilarious because my SIL couldn't understand why I wasn't quivering
with excitement at the possibility of a few half price blouses or
skirts (to be fair if they make shopping an Olympic sport there's a
gold for Britain- she's quite ruthlessly efficient). Trouble is she
seems to think its a bonding opportunity (due to my mother;s
interventions- we didn't really meet until 5 years ago) whereas I'm
more "I really don't need any more clothes!" (basically "you wanna
bond- fine! Could we do it over a beer or a coffee? Or if we really
must do it over clothes shopping can we not do in the middle of the
January sales!")

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs
Old November 25th 11, 09:14 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley Madigan

On Nov 25, 12:58*pm, Judith Latham
wrote:
.. However I don't
like it if I lie awake then for those hours.

I don't on a typical morning I wake say about 4, have that nice
peaceful 10 minutes where I sort out the day in front of me then go
back to sleep feeling like this is a lie in then about an hour or so
later I wake up for 5 minutes look at the clock work out how much more
time I have left then go back to sleep then wake up every half hour or
so look at the clock then go back to sleep until about 6.15 when I
tell myself "20 more minutes" then lie there half asleep usually
skitching Bonnie and gradually reach the point when I get out of
bed...as I say on the rare occasions I sleep through the night, wake
up and look at the clock and have to jump out of bed and get ready-
I'm not a happy person

Old December 1st 11, 05:50 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

On 2011-11-23 10:01 AM, MaryL wrote:

"dgk" wrote in message ...

On Thu, 17 Nov 2011 16:49:52 -0500, "jmcquown"
wrote:

"dgk" wrote in message
On Tue, 15 Nov 2011 21:50:24 -0500, "jmcquown"
wrote:

"Yowie" wrote in message
On 16/11/2011 10:46 AM, jmcquown wrote:

"nik Simpson" wrote in message
Do you have some suitably "redneck" friends that you could invite
over
to play golf, I have visions of Caddyshack ;-)

--
Nik Simpson

LOLOL! There's a thought! Too bad I don't know anyone like that.

The answer's obvious then:

RPCA party at Jill's place. Yeee-Hahhhh!

Yowie g,d&r

Fabulous idea! I'll take you all to dinner at the Club! LOL

Jill

I'd take advantage as long as I had to pay. I'm of an age (almost 60)
that I do need to do things to keep fit. I bike a lot, so I don't need
a stationary bike, but I love taking gym classes (Fat-Burning Pilate,
Total Conditioning, etc). I can't really keep up with the 20 year old
women, but there are a few older guys like me that do our best. And
I'm in the best shape I've been in 30 years.

Congratulations! I have a real bicycle I think I'll stick with that.
When I was in my 20's a friend tried to get me interested in working
out,
aerobics, etc. I didn't like it then and I know I won't like it now.
(BTW,
I still weigh about the same as I did then.)

Take a few golf lessons and try it. I'm not very good (decent at
tennis though) but it is sort of fun to hit the ball and try to get it
in the cup. And you get to meet people.

Oh, my dear... surely you jest! I don't have the slightest interest in
playing golf. I grew up with a father who was obsessed with it; that's
how
I wound up with a house with a golf green in my back yard. I'm not
about to
spend more money buying golf clubs. Or a golf cart. (These folks don't
walk the golf course, they ride.) I'm just not interested. For the most
part, I'm a recluse. I really have no interest in meeting anyone. I just
want to be left alone to read my books, futz around on the newsgroups
and
play with Persia

Jill

Reasonable. And from the other thread, $3000 cheaper! I love to bike
and I commute by bike 25 miles round trip most days, right through the
winter (partly in Manhattan). If I ever stop posting it's probably
because I got run over. A friend of mine just actually got killed by a
car, but she was walking. I have a car but I hate them. It is just so
easy to lose concentration for a minute and do horrible damage.

Still, as I age, I find it more difficult to make good friends.It
isn't like being in school, where you're with people all day. And work
is different. I treasure those people who I do like the ones that I
smile when I see their number on the caller ID.

I understand your golf resentment. I had an uncle who was a big golf
fanatic and I remember being told to be quiet because Uncle Morty was
watching golf. Watching golf? I mean, if you're about to hit the ball,
yes, be quiet. But he's watching golf and I have to be quiet?
Smoldering resentment for 50 years and counting.

- - - - - - - - - -

I think it's rude to tell someone to stop talking because someone else
is watching golf...or football or anything else. However, I would like
to point out *why* some people object to talking while watching golf.
It's not that talking would affect the game or that a person would have
to stop watching the screen. It's because many people want to listen to
the commentary or analysis that follows the progress of the game.

MaryL

I think it's generally not a good idea and perhaps rude to have a tv on
when you have visitors. If anyone is watching the tv, they are rudely
ingnoring the visitors, and if anyone is disturbing the tv-watchers,
perhaps by talking, that's rude too.

I agree with both sides on this one. If the person wants to watch golf and
expects everyone else to be quiet perhaps there should be another room the
guests could go to, to have coffee or tea and chat. Don't force me to watch
TV when you invited me over and *know* it's not something I want to watch.

and one of the traditional activities is watching the hockey (or football
or golf) game on tv. I think the only solution is to have separate rooms
for the watchers and the non-watchers!

Exactly!
--
Cheryl