(OT) A very strange night

Old November 24th 10, 12:18 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Pat[_3_]

Default (OT) A very strange night

At 2:30 this morning I was awakened by my hands itching. The tops of
both hands, near the center, mostly between the fingers, were itching
so badly that it woke me up. I haven't been in anything lately that
could have caused this. There's no rash, no bites, nothing. A heavy
application of anti-itch spray helped me get back to sleep.

A few hours later, I was dreaming that I was just about to read a
letter that I'd been waiting to see. I read the first few words and
then I was waking up but trying to stay asleep and hold onto the dream
and finish reading the letter!

Old November 24th 10, 12:43 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

"Pat" wrote in message
At 2:30 this morning I was awakened by my hands itching. The tops of
both hands, near the center, mostly between the fingers, were itching
so badly that it woke me up. I haven't been in anything lately that
could have caused this. There's no rash, no bites, nothing. A heavy
application of anti-itch spray helped me get back to sleep.

That's an unpleasant way to wake up! I'm glad the spray helped, and hope
the itch doesn't come back.

A few hours later, I was dreaming that I was just about to read a
letter that I'd been waiting to see. I read the first few words and
then I was waking up but trying to stay asleep and hold onto the dream
and finish reading the letter!

I've had similar dream experiences. It's weird, isn't it?

Joy

Old November 24th 10, 12:58 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MLB[_2_]

Pat wrote:
At 2:30 this morning I was awakened by my hands itching. The tops of
both hands, near the center, mostly between the fingers, were itching
so badly that it woke me up. I haven't been in anything lately that
could have caused this. There's no rash, no bites, nothing. A heavy
application of anti-itch spray helped me get back to sleep.

A few hours later, I was dreaming that I was just about to read a
letter that I'd been waiting to see. I read the first few words and
then I was waking up but trying to stay asleep and hold onto the dream
and finish reading the letter!

I'm not trying to be funny or mean, but according to news reports the
USA has an epidemic of bedbugs. Perhaps one found you. They say
travelers encounter them in hotels and they also get in furniture. The
thought gives me the creeps.
Old November 24th 10, 01:38 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

MLB wrote:

Pat wrote:
At 2:30 this morning I was awakened by my hands itching. The tops of
both hands, near the center, mostly between the fingers, were itching
so badly that it woke me up. I haven't been in anything lately that
could have caused this. There's no rash, no bites, nothing. A heavy
application of anti-itch spray helped me get back to sleep.

A few hours later, I was dreaming that I was just about to read a
letter that I'd been waiting to see. I read the first few words and
then I was waking up but trying to stay asleep and hold onto the dream
and finish reading the letter!

I'm not trying to be funny or mean, but according to news reports the
USA has an epidemic of bedbugs. Perhaps one found you. They say
travelers encounter them in hotels and they also get in furniture. The
thought gives me the creeps.

Do they cause itching, though? I thought the whole thing with bedbugs
was that the person would have no idea there was anything biting them.
You can't feel it. Of course, that doesn't mean there wouldn't be a
reaction later.

Joyce - thinking Pat's letter said, "You've just won $5K from Pepsi!"

--
Who ever thought up the word "Mammogram"? Every time I hear it, I think
I'm supposed to put my breast in an envelope and send it to someone.
Old November 24th 10, 01:52 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Pat[_3_]

MLB wrote:
I'm not trying to be funny or mean, but according to news reports the
USA has an epidemic of bedbugs. *Perhaps one found you. *They say
travelers encounter them in hotels and they also get in furniture. *The
thought gives me the creeps.

I can't remember the last time I stayed in a hotel, it's probably been
more than 25 years, and we didn't get any new furniture or anything
like that. I do the laundry right here, so unless the bedbugs came in
with the liquid detergent, they're not here.

The mysterious itching stopped, anyway.

Old November 24th 10, 05:50 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Sherry

On Nov 23, 7:52*pm, Pat wrote:
MLB wrote:
I'm not trying to be funny or mean, but according to news reports the
USA has an epidemic of bedbugs. *Perhaps one found you. *They say
travelers encounter them in hotels and they also get in furniture. *The
thought gives me the creeps.

I can't remember the last time I stayed in a hotel, it's probably been
more than 25 years, and we didn't get any new furniture or anything
like that. I do the laundry right here, so unless the bedbugs came in
with the liquid detergent, they're not here.

The mysterious itching stopped, anyway.

I was prescribed pencillin once and my hands itched so bad I
couldn't stand it. Don't have a clue why it would hit you mysteriously
like that, but saying, I sympathize! It's a miserable thing.

Sherry
Old November 25th 10, 06:12 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MLB[_2_]

hopitus wrote:
On Nov 23, 5:58 pm, MLB wrote:
Pat wrote:
At 2:30 this morning I was awakened by my hands itching. The tops of
both hands, near the center, mostly between the fingers, were itching
so badly that it woke me up. I haven't been in anything lately that
could have caused this. There's no rash, no bites, nothing. A heavy
application of anti-itch spray helped me get back to sleep.
A few hours later, I was dreaming that I was just about to read a
letter that I'd been waiting to see. I read the first few words and
then I was waking up but trying to stay asleep and hold onto the dream
and finish reading the letter!

I'm not trying to be funny or mean, but according to news reports the
USA has an epidemic of bedbugs. Perhaps one found you. They say
travelers encounter them in hotels and they also get in furniture. The
thought gives me the creeps.

I don't put much stock in dreams. About two weeks ago, I dreamed that
David Letterman had died. Snork.
I sure hope TuTu has been cuddled up at that heat register since the
snowstorm hit the fan whee you two are (Marie and TuTu).
I discovered a new regard for the Rockies besides looking pretty when
I drive west and being a major tourist trap (I am from the other state
with natural tourist traps of a different type). Your evil heavy-snow
storm
never reached us in MileHigh, only its cold, courtesy of the
jetstreams.
I don't mind being cold if there are no messes on local roads.TV
reports
CO's mountain passes are "life-in-your-hands-on-the-wheel" category.

oFYI The big wind that preceded the blizzard was the worst part for me.
The blizzard moved fairly fast and left quite a lot of snow but not as
much as expected. I have 8 to 10 inches in my front yard. Yes, it is
very cold but being house bound, it doesn't bother me unless the power
goes out. TuTu is sleeping, as usual, by the heat vent. She is showing
her age too Best wishes for a good holiday season. MLB