Meatloaf!

Old July 18th 05, 03:56 AM
Zorin the Lynx

Default Meatloaf!

Hi folks!

Just wanted to share a Perfect Meatloaf!

http://www.cs.fiu.edu/~flynnj/kitten...tloaf.jpg.html

Note how shiny his coat is. He's such a cutie...

Yesterday he caught a lizard in the house! Who knows how it got in.. but
it was well and throughly dead by the time I saw it... I guess indoor
cats have to get their hunting time in at all costs, eh? }

-Z

--
Ned Flat: "Why are you acting like this??"
Yakko: "We're not acting. We really are like this."
Old July 18th 05, 04:26 AM
Karen

in article , Zorin the Lynx at
wrote on 7/17/05 9:56 PM:

Hi folks!

Just wanted to share a Perfect Meatloaf!

http://www.cs.fiu.edu/~flynnj/kitten...tloaf.jpg.html

Note how shiny his coat is. He's such a cutie...

Yesterday he caught a lizard in the house! Who knows how it got in.. but
it was well and throughly dead by the time I saw it... I guess indoor
cats have to get their hunting time in at all costs, eh? }

-Z

He is just SO gorgeous.

Old July 18th 05, 05:17 AM
jmcquown

Zorin the Lynx wrote:
Hi folks!

Just wanted to share a Perfect Meatloaf!

http://www.cs.fiu.edu/~flynnj/kitten...tloaf.jpg.html

Note how shiny his coat is. He's such a cutie...

Yesterday he caught a lizard in the house! Who knows how it got in..
but it was well and throughly dead by the time I saw it... I guess
indoor
cats have to get their hunting time in at all costs, eh? }

-Z

He's a sweetie! I love it when they meatloaf. Cats don't really have
bones, have you noticed? G

Jill

Old July 18th 05, 05:38 AM
Mischief

Mischief and Mayhem like to meatloaf too.

You know I never heard that term until I came to this group. When I
told my roommate she said, "Oh yeah, it's a term meaning they could fit
in a meatloaf pan." I still find it puzzling to picture.

Because when I grew up meatloaf was made in a small pan about 10 by 6
inches, one that a cat could NOT have fit into. maybe a skinny kitten,
but no way could a cat fit into it.

I totally use the term now, but it took me a while, since I couldn't
grasp the picture.

Kristi

Old July 18th 05, 05:53 AM
jmcquown

Mischief wrote:
Mischief and Mayhem like to meatloaf too.

You know I never heard that term until I came to this group. When I
told my roommate she said, "Oh yeah, it's a term meaning they could
fit in a meatloaf pan." I still find it puzzling to picture.

Because when I grew up meatloaf was made in a small pan about 10 by 6
inches, one that a cat could NOT have fit into. maybe a skinny
kitten, but no way could a cat fit into it.

I totally use the term now, but it took me a while, since I couldn't
grasp the picture.

Kristi

I'm not sure it has anything to do with a meatloaf pan so much as how they
look with their paws all tucked up under them and their tail wrapped around.
If they didn't have heads, they'd look a bit like... well... a furry
meatloaf! G

It would be rather insulting to say they look like a trussed chicken, which
(I think) would be more accurate. But meatloafing is what they do. I love
it when Persia meatloafs on my chest when I'm reading. But she can't resist
reaching out a paw to tap me if I get too engrossed in the book and forget
to give her some scritches, or, when I go to turn a page, to gently bite my
elbow as a reminder "Hey, I'm still here. PURRRRRR."

Jill

Old July 18th 05, 06:00 AM
mlbriggs

On Sun, 17 Jul 2005 23:53:06 -0500, jmcquown wrote:

Mischief wrote:
[...]

I was told that TuTu looked like a foot stool. MLB

Old July 18th 05, 06:04 AM
badwilson

http://www.cs.fiu.edu/~flynnj/kitten...y-meatloaf.jpg
..html

Note how shiny his coat is. He's such a cutie...

Yesterday he caught a lizard in the house! Who knows how it got in..
but it was well and throughly dead by the time I saw it... I guess
indoor cats have to get their hunting time in at all costs, eh? }

-Z

Hee hee! Too cute! I love it when they meatloaf, I always ask Vino
what happened to his arms when he does it.
--
Britta
"There is no snooze button on a cat who wants breakfast." -- Unknown

Old July 18th 05, 06:17 AM
Kreisleriana

On Sun, 17 Jul 2005 22:56:18 -0400, Zorin the Lynx
yodeled:

Hi folks!

Just wanted to share a Perfect Meatloaf!

http://www.cs.fiu.edu/~flynnj/kitten...tloaf.jpg.html

Note how shiny his coat is. He's such a cutie...

He's stunning. And yes, a perfect meatloaf. b. Kliban would love
him.

Theresa
Old July 18th 05, 06:20 AM
Kreisleriana

On 17 Jul 2005 21:38:57 -0700, "Mischief"
yodeled:

Mischief and Mayhem like to meatloaf too.

You know I never heard that term until I came to this group. When I
told my roommate she said, "Oh yeah, it's a term meaning they could fit
in a meatloaf pan." I still find it puzzling to picture.

Because when I grew up meatloaf was made in a small pan about 10 by 6
inches, one that a cat could NOT have fit into. maybe a skinny kitten,
but no way could a cat fit into it.

I totally use the term now, but it took me a while, since I couldn't
grasp the picture.

Kristi

Thougt it originated with B. Kliban, creator of the immortal
googly-eyed tabbies of "Cat." Definition of cat: "One hell of a nice
animal, frequently mistaken for a meatloaf."

Theresa