Tom Cat won’t breed with in-season queen!??

Old July 10th 08, 05:15 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Matthew[_3_]

Default Tom Cat won't breed with in-season queen!??

Sorry that will never happen I will and many many many others will listen to
Phil long before I listen to people that just pop in to run their mouths

Old July 10th 08, 05:33 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Robotech_Master

On Thu, 10 Jul 2008 00:02:40 -0400, cshenk wrote:

Some folks want pedigree animals. To assume they will just take
anything from the local pet pound is a mistake.

Yep. You (in the generic all-encompassing "you," not you in
particular cshenk) can rail against those people all you want. You
can even say that if they won't take a shelter cat, they don't deserve
any cat at all. That's your right. But whether these people get
their purebreds or not doesn't affect whether shelter pets would get
rescued if they wouldn't want to rescue a shelter pet anyway.

It's the same sort of reasoning that leads media industry associations
to try to crack down on piracy, because they think that if someone can
no longer pirate he will instead buy everything he would otherwise
have downloaded. It doesn't work like that.

--
Chris Meadows aka | WWW: http://www.terrania.us | Somebody
Robotech_Master | ICQ: 5477383 AIM: RoboMastr | help, I'm
Old July 10th 08, 05:35 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Phil P.

"cshenk" wrote in message
"Phil P." wrote
"cshenk" wrote in message

Yeah- I'm a fanatic- I'm fanatical about preventing as many deaths as I
can.

You need to take your head out of your ass and take a walk through a

kill
shelter on kill day- then see if you still think there's nothing wrong
with
breeding more animals.

Phil, this has been a nice group. I'm asking you to not try to change

that.

You haven't been here very long. If you support breeding, you won't find it
so nice.

Some folks want pedigree animals. To assume they will just take anything
from the local pet pound is a mistake.

"Anything"? Poor choice of words for shelter animals.

There are millions of animals already here to choose from.

Old July 10th 08, 05:52 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Phil P.

"cshenk" wrote in message
"Phil P." wrote
"Janet Boss" wrote in message

Wow! You're really dense-- or you're an idiot. Its the not placing

that's
the problem- its the BREEDING more animals.

IE: No more cats allowed to have kittens. Fanatical to assume no more
kittensd as in 10-15 years we would not have domestic cats.

Well, that about sums up your mentality. That would never happen. Btw, I was
talking about breeders breeding more cats.

How about this: We can start breeding again when all the shelters are empty
and the killing stops.

Your argument that those
homes would/should adopt a shelter animal instead is without legs.

I can see why you think so... its too logical for you to understand.

Phil, you are not able to think logically about this.

I see. And you think its logical to keep breeding more animals while
millions of animals are killed every year in shelters?

You're not the rescue type.

What do you know about her other than your assumptions?

More than I care to.

You already told me
to 'take my head out of my ass' which is not condusive to actually
discussing an issue.

Whatever gave you the idea that I wanted to discuss breeding?

Old July 10th 08, 05:53 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cshenk

"Phil P." wrote
"cshenk" wrote in message

You need to take your head out of your ass and take a walk through a

kill
shelter on kill day- then see if you still think there's nothing wrong
with
breeding more animals.

Phil, this has been a nice group. I'm asking you to not try to change

that.

You haven't been here very long. If you support breeding, you won't find
it
so nice.

In other words, you intend to flame innocent bystanders with any advice you
do not agree with.

I would hate to see this newsgroup devolve to that. I came here because
specifically it seemed not that way.

So, 'you've been here a long time' and all the rest of us should shut up?

Some folks want pedigree animals. To assume they will just take anything
from the local pet pound is a mistake.

"Anything"? Poor choice of words for shelter animals.

That was a quote of another. I have never had an aminal that wouldnt
qualify as 'shelter' other than Roscoe which has been mentioned several
times today and is essentially the same.

Old July 10th 08, 06:09 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Phil P.

"cshenk" wrote in message
"Phil P." wrote
"cshenk" wrote in message

You need to take your head out of your ass and take a walk through a

kill
shelter on kill day- then see if you still think there's nothing

wrong
with
breeding more animals.

Phil, this has been a nice group. I'm asking you to not try to change

that.

You haven't been here very long. If you support breeding, you won't

find
it
so nice.

In other words, you intend to flame innocent bystanders with any advice

you
do not agree with.

I'm not the only one who opposes breeding. But to answer your question, if
you intent to support breeding, yes- count on it. I haven't even warmed up
yet.

I would hate to see this newsgroup devolve to that. I came here because
specifically it seemed not that way.

So, 'you've been here a long time' and all the rest of us should shut up?

Not at all. Just be prepared to get scorched as long you support breeding
here.

Old July 10th 08, 06:10 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cshenk

"Phil P." wrote

IE: No more cats allowed to have kittens. Fanatical to assume no more
kittensd as in 10-15 years we would not have domestic cats.

Well, that about sums up your mentality. That would never happen. Btw, I
was
talking about breeders breeding more cats.

Thank you for flame number 1

homes would/should adopt a shelter animal instead is without legs.

I can see why you think so... its too logical for you to understand.

Phil, you are not able to think logically about this.

I see. And you think its logical to keep breeding more animals while
millions of animals are killed every year in shelters?

Thank you for another assumption. BTW, all my pets have been shlter sorts
and fixed. Your angst is mis-directed. It may however shy me off to use a
breeder farm next time if folks like you run shelters.

You already told me
to 'take my head out of my ass' which is not condusive to actually
discussing an issue.

Whatever gave you the idea that I wanted to discuss breeding?

Whatever the hell made you tell me to take my head out of my ass when I am
am a total rescue pet owner who's had all my pets fixed before breeding
time?

Now what started this thread? One innocent guy with a pedigree cat set to
breeding to another. Then the yahoos got wierd and he left.

Old July 10th 08, 06:24 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Phil P.

"cshenk" wrote in message

It may however shy me off to use a
breeder farm next time if folks like you run shelters.

The devil made you do it! lol

Old July 10th 08, 06:34 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cshenk

"Phil P." wrote

It may however shy me off to use a
breeder farm next time if folks like you run shelters.

The devil made you do it! lol

You took that out of context. I said in essense you shy me off shelters
with your attitude. I will use breeder cast offs only if you are a sample
of shelter attitudes.

Old July 10th 08, 06:50 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Phil P.

"cshenk" wrote in message
"Phil P." wrote

It may however shy me off to use a
breeder farm next time if folks like you run shelters.

The devil made you do it! lol

You took that out of context. I said in essense you shy me off shelters
with your attitude. I will use breeder cast offs only if you are a sample
of shelter attitudes.

Bu bu but didn't you already say you get your animals from shelters??? Your
sleazy guilt trip didn't even get off the ground. lol

The Queen of Darkness gets everywhere! Lesley Cat anecdotes 3 July 23rd 07 01:20 AM
Dear Queen Nox....... Mischief Cat anecdotes 4 June 9th 07 12:23 AM
The Undisputed Queen Pat Cat anecdotes 3 March 19th 07 09:00 AM
Queen of The World! Marina Cat anecdotes 8 August 15th 03 05:08 PM