PINGS (or, has anyone heard from....)

Old August 25th 04, 07:09 AM
jen

SOMA is probably pricey because it has that hip, arty cachet. But the
Mission district isn't far from there and, although there's been a lot
of gentrification in that neighborhood, there are probably some
affordable places still. Also, another neighborhood called Bernal
Heights is nearby and has its pockets of affordability (interspersed
with expensive places). It's also a wonderful neighborhood. Both of
these are sunny neighborhoods.

The further west you go in the city, the cheaper rents are, because it
gets more foggy out there by the beach. Downside is, it's foggy.
Also, it's not all that close to SOMA, but public transit is great in
SF and you wouldn't have any trouble getting to work from there.

Wow - thanks for the information - that's great to know! I was wondering
about Bernal Heights, becuase I've seen a couple very nice (and
comparatively affordable) places there. It's great to know about the
neighbourhoods that are close by, and particularly about the public
transit. I was wondering how efficient / quick it would be from the outer
neighbourhoods (it does seem a bit cheaper out that way).

At least now you won't be fighting hordes of people for an apartment -
a few years ago, apartment-hunting was more like a cattle call. I
think that house-hunting is still a bit like that - the real estate
market is still booming for some reason. But rentals have really
cooled off, even though the rents themselves haven't come down all
that much.

No kidding - I came across some interesting stories of people who were
unfairly evicted during the tech-boom days, just so the landlords could
increase rent. Yikes.

Would you consider living in the East Bay and taking public transit to
work?

I think so - we were thinking of trying out the transit and seeing how long
it would take. On average, do you know how long/convienient the commute is
from the East Bay areas?

Ooooo oooo ooo!!! That's my line of work, too! Congratulations on
getting the job. And they offered relocation benefits, too? Wow, I
didn't think anyone did that anymore.

I was floored - very thankful it's covered. That's absolutely awesome
you're in the same line of work!! Will have to talk shop someday

Thanks so much,
Jen.

Old September 7th 04, 01:13 AM
David Stevenson

Yowie wrote
Where's:

Hazel,
Bev,
Bridget,
TJ,
Flea,
Motherthing,
Aim,
Jepo,
Mark Edwards,
Dave G,
Dave S,

I'm here. I never really disappear, but when I go away for ten days
it seems to total three weeks before I get around to reading RPCA.

Rosie Tavener-Jones (forgotten her net nick)
Vicki Jarvis

--
David Stevenson Storypage: http://blakjak.com/sty_menu.htm
Liverpool, England, UK Emails welcome

Old September 7th 04, 01:26 AM
HD

On Tue, 7 Sep 2004 00:13:21 +0000 (UTC), David Stevenson
wrote:

Yowie wrote
Where's:

Hazel,
Bev,
Bridget,
TJ,
Flea,
Motherthing,
Aim,
Jepo,
Mark Edwards,
Dave G,
Dave S,

I'm here. I never really disappear, but when I go away for ten days
it seems to total three weeks before I get around to reading RPCA.

Rosie Tavener-Jones (forgotten her net nick)
Vicki Jarvis

lets not forget Tak!