OT Martha Stewart Report

Old March 5th 05, 03:29 AM
Karen

in article , Christina Websell at
wrote on 3/4/05 8:54 PM:

Would you like to give this Brit an idea of what you are talking about? Who
is Martha Stewart? and why is everyone interested in what she's doing?

Tweed

She is the big kitchen/craft/cooking/gardening/lifestyle mogul who built an
empire on ettiquette and making extremely time consuming party favors, food
and all manner of perfect homemaking and hostessing tips and projects. She
has her own line of paint, linens, household items, a magazine, TV shows and
is one of the richest people in the US.She has chickens that actually lay
different colored eggs to decorate at Easter. Perfection is everything. Take
Perfect Suzie Homemaker image and multiply it times ten. This empire was
built after her husband ran off with his secretary. I think it was probably
pretty good revenge. She was convicted of insider trading and sent to prison
in an *extremely* short period of time (as such things go over here) and was
just released today after serving 5 months. (Now, cynics like me ask if she
had a penis would justice have been served so quickly?) She now has to do 5
months house arrest on her gigantic estate. Her stock has risen 6 % and she
has two TV shows in the making. To give you an idea of her, when her stock
first went public, she baked cookies and handed them out on Wallstreet.
While in prison she taught a yoga class and got second in the Christmas
decoration competition with the other inmates where her oragami ornaments
lost to someone's nativity scene (gasp). She also lost 20 pounds. (Prison
spa?) She also is the slave of a gorgeous Himalayan cat. Why is everyone so
interested? I guess because her story is pretty fascinating overall and she
has come through all this pretty much keeping her entire company intact (oh,
she will be called FOUNDER instead of CEO now. Huh? Like this matters?). But
the insane amount of coverage on her today was ridiculous. They were
seriously peeking in her house from afar and hovering over with copters
taking photos of walking her dogs and giving her horses treats and reporting
like it was the most important thing in the world. Pretty crazy.

Old March 5th 05, 03:34 AM
Magic Mood Jeep

Christina Websell wrote:
Would you like to give this Brit an idea of what you are talking
about? Who is Martha Stewart? and why is everyone interested in what
she's doing?
Tweed

http://www.marthastewart.com/

Also known as "the domestic diva".

Big scandal about short-selling some investment stock. They couldn't bust
her for that, so they found her guilty of lying to federal prosecuters. She
spent some time (5 months?) in 'prison' and is now under house arrest for
the a while (another 5 months?).

Meanwhile, people that abuse and/or murder their own children run amuck in
this world.
--
The ONE and ONLY
former-blonde in Bloomington! (And proud of it, too) email me at

Old March 5th 05, 03:36 AM
Karen

in article 1N9Wd.93240$4q6.30278@attbi_s01, Magic Mood Jeep at
wrote on 3/4/05 9:34 PM:

Christina Websell wrote:
Would you like to give this Brit an idea of what you are talking
about? Who is Martha Stewart? and why is everyone interested in what
she's doing?
Tweed

http://www.marthastewart.com/

Also known as "the domestic diva".

Big scandal about short-selling some investment stock. They couldn't bust
her for that, so they found her guilty of lying to federal prosecuters. She
spent some time (5 months?) in 'prison' and is now under house arrest for
the a while (another 5 months?).

Meanwhile, people that abuse and/or murder their own children run amuck in
this world.
--
The ONE and ONLY
former-blonde in Bloomington! (And proud of it, too) email me at
nalee1964 (at) insightbb (dot) com

And Enron execs (who caused thousands of employees to lose their retirement
funds, homes etc.) don't seem to be doing much time. (Maybe I am not up to
date on this? If someone knows more let me know.)

Old March 5th 05, 04:38 AM
Monique Y. Mudama

On 2005-03-05, Christina Websell penned:
Would you like to give this Brit an idea of what you are talking about? Who
is Martha Stewart? and why is everyone interested in what she's doing?

Tweed

I would just like to formally state that I am *not* interested in what she's
doing! I assume she's sprinkling glitter on pinecones or some other
foolishness, though.

--
monique, who spoils Oscar unmercifully

Old March 5th 05, 04:45 AM
Seanette Blaylock

"Yoj" had some very interesting things to
say about OT Martha Stewart Report:

I suppose somebody must care. ;-)

That wouldn't be me. I can't stand the b*tch.

Old March 5th 05, 04:58 AM
Jo Firey

"Seanette Blaylock" wrote in
message ...
"Yoj" had some very interesting things to
say about OT Martha Stewart Report:

I suppose somebody must care. ;-)

That wouldn't be me. I can't stand the b*tch.

A common reaction. Though she does have her fans I guess. I've tried to
watch her show a time or two and after about fifteen minutes I start to
twitch.

Jo

Old March 5th 05, 05:13 AM
Cheryl

On Fri 04 Mar 2005 06:46:51p, Kreisleriana wrote in
rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
):

Ms. Stewart is still at her home, in electronic custody. She
petted her dogs a few hours ago. It's been reported that she
had a cappucino. :P

I heard that she is financially better off now after prison than she
was before she went in!

--
Cheryl
Old March 5th 05, 06:18 AM
Yoj

On 2005-03-05, Christina Websell penned:
Would you like to give this Brit an idea of what you are talking about?

Who
is Martha Stewart? and why is everyone interested in what she's doing?

Tweed

I would just like to formally state that I am *not* interested in what

she's
doing! I assume she's sprinkling glitter on pinecones or some other
foolishness, though.

--
monique, who spoils Oscar unmercifully

I'm with you, Monique.

Joy

Old March 5th 05, 06:19 AM
Yoj

"Jo Firey" wrote in message

"Seanette Blaylock" wrote in
message ...
"Yoj" had some very interesting things to
say about OT Martha Stewart Report:

I suppose somebody must care. ;-)

That wouldn't be me. I can't stand the b*tch.

A common reaction. Though she does have her fans I guess. I've tried to
watch her show a time or two and after about fifteen minutes I start to
twitch.

Jo

I'm glad to know I'm not alone. ;-)

Joy

Old March 5th 05, 06:31 AM

How come?
My-o-my. I must say I've never seen such collective cattiness on this
group before, save possibly some past political discussions.
What is it about Martha Stewart that irks everyone so? Say what you
want, but you have to admit she's smart, she's shrewd, and she's the
first person I can recall who turned housekeeping into an art form.
Plus, she actually was convicted in federal court, and spent time in
prison with a fair amount of class. I don't particularly care what
Martha's doing these days either, but I don't hate her.
Besides, she's an animal lover.

Sherry