Getting used to the cat

Old June 5th 04, 12:05 AM
Takayuki

Default Getting used to the cat

Is there ever a point when you finally get used to your cat? I've had
Betty for over a year now, and I haven't gotten used to it.

Every day I spend with Betty feels like the very first day. When she
strolls into the room, I'm just stunned by how beautiful and catlike
she is. When I stroke her fur, I can hardly believe how soft she is,
even though it's the same fur I petted yesterday, and the day before
that. When I pick her up and hold her, it always seems like it's been
ages since I've given her a hug.

I just don't know if I'll ever get used to having Betty. She's not
like anything else in my life. She seems miraculous, maybe even
divine. Her nose is so cool and moist. Her paws are so supple and
smooth. Looking into her bright, bright eyes is like gazing at stars
in a sky made of gold. I don't know if I'll ever get used to having a
cat.

Old June 5th 04, 01:20 AM

Wow, Tak, what a beautiful post! It's really wonderful that you are so
in touch with the awe that cats inspire, on a daily basis. Maybe because
you've never had one before? Which is not to say that my cats don't also
inspire awe in me, too. Maybe I'm just not as good a writer as you are!

Joyce

--
To reply privately, take the X's out of my user ID.

Old June 5th 04, 01:33 AM
Crdamz

It is pretty neat to have another living being(not human) that wants to spend
time around you. Cat or dog, when they have a certain kind of personality, it
just really makes it fun to be a pet owner.
My Calico, Freddie, is the quirkiest cat I have ever had. She has a wide
range of vocalizations and it seems like she meows just to talk to me. She
usually sits on top of the 'fridge and can see me at the computer from her
perch. Often she will meow to get my attention--and this is from two rooms
away--I poke my head around the doorway to answer her and she meows to me
again, then turns back to look out the window. It's as if she is just calling
to me to say "what ya doin?" I answer her and she says "Oh, OK, just wonderin'"
and she goes back to what she was doing.
Both of my cats follow me through the house and they both lay near by when
I'm watching TV or on the computer. They aren't just my cats, but I really am
their human, ya know?
At bedtime, Freddie will come up by the pillow for scrunches for a while,
and then she sleeps ON my feet. The other cat lies across my middle. Thet are
both so funny. And, I am so lucky to have them.