My kitten is very sick!!

Old May 26th 06, 05:30 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default My kitten is very sick!!

Karen wrote:
I still smell troll

I have a kitten, about 4 1/2 weeks old, and it has had many
problems for the last couple of weeks. When it was born it was a

[quoted text clipped - 51 lines]
Damn People can be so F@cked up. Sometimes wished the law could actually do
upon the criminal what they did upon victims

I am SOOO glad that you actually READ my concern about the kitten. I asked
for advise, not some lame excuse to call a 14 year old a troll, especially
since your probably a grown person. That just isn't right. Now i thought
this web site was for helping kittens, not bringing down other peoples
questions and insulting them.

Old May 26th 06, 05:35 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

mlbriggs wrote:

When I first read this is thought "troll". No one could be so
insensitive as to leave a four week old kitten outside to more or less
fend for itself. Suggestion Either get on your computer or go to the
library and read up on cat care. If you are a child, please remember to
read and learn as much as you can about baby animals before you try to
raise any. MLB

Considering the trolls that have been hanging out in here lately, I'd
have to agree with you. If this wasn't a troll, then I'd have to try to
find out where this person and his/her family live and call the SPCA on
them. If you can breed d-things and get them medical care, you should
be able to do the same for any cats around.

Pam S.
Old May 26th 06, 05:48 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Candace wrote:
When I first read this is thought "troll". No one could be so
insensitive as to leave a four week old kitten outside to more or less
fend for itself. Suggestion Either get on your computer or go to the
library and read up on cat care. If you are a child, please remember to
read and learn as much as you can about baby animals before you try to
raise any. MLB

Well, thank God...a voice of reason here. I can't believe everyone was
just giving their sympathies and not aknowledging the awfulness of this
whole situation. Of course, it's unspeakably sad the baby kitty died
but "it got left outside in the rain," dried off with a hair dryer,
then it happened again last night, we breed dogs, we have umpteen cats
but can't afford to take them to the vet, and on and on. Just the sort
of people who should not have cats or dogs.

I know rpca is supposed to be all sweet and wonderful all the time but
I can't believe some of you just condone this sort of pet ownership. I
know criticizing the girl will not bring the poor baby back but those
cats should be spayed and neutered and not just running around breeding
amidst a bunch of dogs who are also breeding and then getting left out
in the rain when they know it is very sick. These people are
responsible for the death of that kitten. Maybe the girl can't change
things at her house but she should still know that what happened is
just plain wrong and heinous. It is not responsible pet ownership!
The kitten is who deserves the pity and the remaining ones in their
"care." Cripe!!!!!!!!!!

Candace

Well, ok. I don't know if that was a good thing towards me or a bad, but
like i said before, we don't exactly have tha money to brind them ALL to the
vet because the kittens all around will still continue to show up and leave
us. The thing is, we live out in the country and get these kittens all the
time.

Old May 26th 06, 05:56 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Alyssa8 via CatKB.com" u22242@uwe wrote in message
Karen wrote:
I still smell troll

I have a kitten, about 4 1/2 weeks old, and it has had many
problems for the last couple of weeks. When it was born it was a

[quoted text clipped - 51 lines]
Damn People can be so F@cked up. Sometimes wished the law could actually
do
upon the criminal what they did upon victims

I am SOOO glad that you actually READ my concern about the kitten. I
asked
for advise, not some lame excuse to call a 14 year old a troll, especially
since your probably a grown person. That just isn't right. Now i thought
this web site was for helping kittens, not bringing down other peoples
questions and insulting them.

You have said that this four week old kitten has been very ill for weeks,
but was being left outside to protect your dogs and did not have access to
medical care.

In all fairness, how on earth do you (or did you) expect a bunch of people
you do not know and who do not know you to help in a situation like this?
It was already too late.

Sorry but in the real world concern just plain isn't enough. Your concern
for the kitten could not and did not save it. We could not help to save it.
Keeping it indoors and providing it with shelter and food likely would have
helped it. You weren't even managing to do that.

Its called real solutions for real problems.

Jo

Old May 26th 06, 06:10 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Below, Alyssa8 says that she is 14 years old. So, she is very young
and I think we should give her the benefit of the doubt here. She
should get credit for noticing and caring, even when she does not have
the personal finances (what 14 year old *does*) to do something about
it herself.

It's been a horrible week for nasty posts and being reactive (I have
also contributed, in another forum), but please don't let it become a
habit.

I would imagine that she feels very sad at the death of the kitten and
helpless to do anything about it.

Maybe folks in the USA can give her some pointers as to where she can
go for help. On the other hand, if she's not in the USA, maybe she
can give us a vague idea of where she is (geographically) and others
of us can give her pointers.

Cheers (and I mean it!),
Tish

Old May 26th 06, 06:16 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Tanada wrote:
When I first read this is thought "troll". No one could be so
insensitive as to leave a four week old kitten outside to more or less
fend for itself. Suggestion Either get on your computer or go to the
library and read up on cat care. If you are a child, please remember to
read and learn as much as you can about baby animals before you try to
raise any. MLB

Considering the trolls that have been hanging out in here lately, I'd
have to agree with you. If this wasn't a troll, then I'd have to try to
find out where this person and his/her family live and call the SPCA on
them. If you can breed d-things and get them medical care, you should
be able to do the same for any cats around.

If you haven't been reading the rest of the conversations, then you have no
idea what i have told the rest of the idiots calling me a troll!! WE CAN'T
HELP IT WHEN THE CATS BREED! If you have the money to spayed and nuder about
10 cats or more, then be my guest and pay for them!! My family isn't the
richest and we live in a small town. I highly doubt that you even know how
uncontrollable it is to keep the cats seperate out IN THE COUNTRY. In
otherwards, your probably from a city. I live in Nebraska for God sakes, if
that tells you anything. Where we live, our house is by a lake basically in
the middle of nowhere with a road full of houses where many of the OTHER cats
come from. They wonder without a owner, so we take in the ones that tend to
stay around and we feed them. No one out here can obviously control the cats
and nature will work its course when to many cats keep arising. At least i
had the heart to bring this kitten in and give it a warm place to stay, even
though the mother was ours to begin with. From the beginning it was
obviously sick and had a 90% chance of catching leukemia. It was also
valerable to any disease when it was this young. I am sorry that you feel
this way, but there was NOTHING we could do about it. You need to read what
you are saying and what i have said to all the other ppl. I can't help the
way you feel about this, but i am sorry that i was even concerned about the
poor thing.

Old May 26th 06, 06:31 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Jo Firey wrote:
I still smell troll

[quoted text clipped - 11 lines]
this web site was for helping kittens, not bringing down other peoples
questions and insulting them.

You have said that this four week old kitten has been very ill for weeks,
but was being left outside to protect your dogs and did not have access to
medical care.

In all fairness, how on earth do you (or did you) expect a bunch of people
you do not know and who do not know you to help in a situation like this?
It was already too late.

Sorry but in the real world concern just plain isn't enough. Your concern
for the kitten could not and did not save it. We could not help to save it.
Keeping it indoors and providing it with shelter and food likely would have
helped it. You weren't even managing to do that.

Its called real solutions for real problems.

Jo

OK, NOW PAY ATTENTION. This kitten had been BROUGHT inside AWAY from the
dogs for the past two weeks when it showed obvious signs of being sick enough
to care for. The kitten most likely had a wild, outside cat for a dad that
no one knows who it is, so who knows what diseases the father passed down
also. Having farel cat in its blood, it NEEDED to be outside once in a while
or it would freak out. Now when your in my situation-where i live and with
all the other cats around- there was really no help for it because it was to
small for antibiotics to fight it off and the diseases that it most likely
had where not treatable anyway. I was concerned about it aand was hoping for
some advise to see if this has happened to anyone elses kitten, but instead i
got called a troll and instead of even answering my message, almost everyone
is too busy to even read it, instead they are insulting me about it when
there was NOTHING to do about it. I am really sry you feel this way, but i
can't help it if all of you are the idiots that are immature for your age and
can't help anyone. What a sh*tty website, the message i wrote wasn't even
answered. I'm sick of it.

Old May 26th 06, 06:47 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Alyssa8 via CatKB.com wrote:

[...]

I was raised on a farm in Eastern Washington state. I understand about
people dumping cats, though in this day and age, there are more
resources than there were back in the 60s when I was a kid.

If you actually wanted medical advice, why didn't you go to
rec.pets.cats.healthandbehavior for assistance. That's supposed to be
the place for medical advice. The advice we give here is
non-professional and done as a favor to those who post here. This group
was actually set up to talk about our cats, and health and behavior do
come into it.

Even Nebraska has programs to help spay or neuter cats. If you ask, I'm
sure someone in here would give you the web sites for those programs.
I'm sorry that the kitten died. I've dealt with Feline Leukemia, one of
my favorite cats died from it. She had it when she showed up on our
front porch after someone dumped her.

We have seven cats, all indoor with outdoor access through an enclosure,
but we've also had indoor/outdoor cats before we learned how hard the
mean streets can be on cats.

I understand how hard it is to be 14 anyway, especially if you have
parents who's idea of listening to your concerns is to either hit you or
tell you to never mind it will be ok. It's a very desperate thing, and
you have my sympathy if that is what you are going through. If that is
a problem at your house, you have my sympathy.

I've had little kittens die on me. It is a heart break and I remember
them to this day. Please learn from this experience and do what you can
to convince your parent(s) to get the cats you have fixed. They'll be
happier, you won't have as many diseases in your area, and you won't
have to go through a nightmare like this.

BTW, may I compliment you on the maturity of your post. I've never
known a 14 year old that uses the terms "Nature will work it's course"
and "vulnerable to any disease" before. Also, don't you have a bed
time? It is almost 2 am here, and therefore, 12 midnight where you're
at. And I know that you posted this around 11:30 CDT. Not only that,
but don't you have school in the morning?

Pam S. a substitute teacher for a living

Old May 26th 06, 06:56 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Tish Silberbauer wrote:
[...]

Finely another person who has been nice throughout this all. I am sry for
all the ripping out, but i have had a rough week, not only with my kitten
passing away, but also with a very close friend(my moms boss) passing away
and my mom catching ammonia. Right now i am VERY stressed out and haven't
slept for three days and have hardly ate anything. Right now the whole name
calling thing is getting out of control and i am very sick of it. I give up,
this whole thing is stupid and almost everyone in this whole deal has barely
even mentioned any advise about the kitten from the beginning. Now that its
to late, everyonehas just focused on name calling. Just end it, its getting
old fast and i dont need to stress out about this anymore. See if i use one
of these advise things again, the people can be disrespectful.

I just wanted to thank the people who where ACTUALLY nice enough to give me
advise and information. I did greatly appriciate it, even if it was to late
i can take it into later consideration in the case of another mishab. And
thank you for some of your concerns and lighting the candle for the kitten,
it was very thoughful. And as for the people who caused troubles along this,
i am not impressed what so ever on your behavior like a two-year-old. No one
ever got a badge for their stupidity or their heartlessness and i hope you
decide to change your ways, otherwise you are going to bring more people down
and cause them the troubles of having to put up with you.

GOD BLESS TO YOU ALL,
alyssa
I still smell troll

[quoted text clipped - 28 lines]

Jo

Old May 26th 06, 07:04 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Alyssa8 via CatKB.com wrote:

Having farel cat in its blood, it NEEDED to be outside once in a while
or it would freak out.

Alyssa, we have brought in several feral cats, even older than your
kitten. I just want you to know that they do not freak out because they
are not outside. Whoever told you that was mistaken.

The cats are domestic and have domestic blood in them. They happen to be
born outside and learn to fear humans if they don't have human contact.
That's the challenge -- getting them to trust humans again. The being
inside part is a piece of cake.

Next time, bring a kitten in and leave it in, you'll be surprised.

Check and see if there are low-cost spay/neuter clinics near you. You
can call the Humane Society or a shelter, they will usually know. Make a
plan on how much it will cost to take care of your cats. Convince your
parents that it will be less expensive in the long run without so many
cats to feed, if your cats stop having kittens. The way it is now,
you'll be over-run with unhealthy cats.

I grew up in farm country and I know there's a different attitude about
farm animals and barn cats. This will be a challenge for you. You're
getting old enough to start working on this yourself. If your parents
don't agree to the spay/neuter because of cost, how about you and your
friends getting together for a bake sale? Maybe have a car wash and put
up signs that it's to help the cats? People will help when they know
there's a need.

I know you want to avoid more kitten deaths like you saw this week.

Good luck,

Rhonda