I knead you...

Old July 13th 03, 11:48 AM
Sherry

Starting this part Monday morning, out of nowhere, both of my cats started
kneading me. When Jack wakes me up in the morning, he'll climb on any even
remotely horizontal surface I present. He'll knead my arms, shoulders,
legs, et cetera. He gives a pretty good massage! Rizzo, who still sleeps
in his own room, will get on my lap right away after I let him out, and

will
knead my arms and legs. Since neither uses claws, it's certainly not
bothersome. I'm just curious what would get them both started, at the

same,
out of the blue. Is this affection, or are they tenderizing me?

I always thought that was so cute. Yoda has always been a kneader. He kneads
any surface before he lies down, even laps. If it's a blanket, he re-arranges
it forever. The amount of time he spends kneading and re-arranging is usually
indicative of how long he plans to crash on that spot.

Sherry
Old July 13th 03, 03:14 PM
Governor George Liquor

"Laura R." wrote in message
.net...
Starting this part Monday morning, out of nowhere, both of my cats

started
kneading me.

How long have you had these cats, and how old are they?

Jack is just about a year old, and I've had him for 5 months. Rizzo is four
months old, and I've had him for a month.

Old July 13th 03, 03:19 PM
Governor George Liquor

"Priscilla Ballou" wrote in message
Starting this part Monday morning, out of nowhere, both of my cats

started
kneading me.

Has there been a change in the weather, or in how you smell (illness,
medication, cologne, etc.)?

The weather's been about 5 degrees or so warmer than normal, but my house is
air conditioned and I've not changed the thermostat. I've been using the
same soap, shampoo, shaving cream, laundry detergent, &c &c as I have for
about the past year. The only change on which I can put my finger is that I
changed from Lipton to Luzianne tea bags. As I consume about a gallon of
iced tea a day, perhaps I (to a critter with a sensitive nose) smell
somewhat different.

Old July 13th 03, 04:35 PM
Priscilla Ballou

In article ,
"Governor George Liquor" wrote:

"Priscilla Ballou" wrote in message
Starting this part Monday morning, out of nowhere, both of my cats

started
kneading me.

Has there been a change in the weather, or in how you smell (illness,
medication, cologne, etc.)?

The weather's been about 5 degrees or so warmer than normal, but my house is
air conditioned and I've not changed the thermostat. I've been using the
same soap, shampoo, shaving cream, laundry detergent, &c &c as I have for
about the past year. The only change on which I can put my finger is that I
changed from Lipton to Luzianne tea bags. As I consume about a gallon of
iced tea a day, perhaps I (to a critter with a sensitive nose) smell
somewhat different.

Hey, maybe there's market potential for Luziannne as "make your cat love
you more" tea?

Priscilla
--
Minutus cantorum, minutus balorum,