Flowers for Rob?

Old March 22nd 10, 02:01 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_2_]

Default Flowers for Rob?

Has anyone thought to put together an effort to buy and send flowers for
Rob's funeral from the whole group? I know we managed to do so for Tweed
when she was in hospital with cancer. Do you think we could arrange
something similar? Before we start, though, I'm going to talk to Pam to see
if she'd like this tribute in another form (donation to cancer research or
something).

Could someone please repost this so that the people who have me kill-filed
can see the suggestion?

Thanks!

--
Hugs,

CatNipped

Old March 22nd 10, 02:11 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Matthew[_3_]

"CatNipped" wrote in message
Has anyone thought to put together an effort to buy and send flowers for
Rob's funeral from the whole group? I know we managed to do so for Tweed
when she was in hospital with cancer. Do you think we could arrange
something similar? Before we start, though, I'm going to talk to Pam to
see if she'd like this tribute in another form (donation to cancer
research or something).

Could someone please repost this so that the people who have me kill-filed
can see the suggestion?

Thanks!

--
Hugs,

CatNipped

A good idea Lori I was also planning to send an arrangement personally

Old March 22nd 10, 03:31 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Stormmee

again i suspect pam would prefer to not have flowers, i can ask her but i am
going from memory about flower conversations, i am sure she hates lilys and
is E. R. allergic to roses.

Lee
"Matthew" wrote in message
g.com...

Old March 22nd 10, 03:57 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Cheryl[_5_]

It's usually a good idea to wait for the family's announcement, which
will probably say whether they are accepting flowers. Many families
don't want flowers for one reason or another, or have a preference about
memorial donations.

--
Cheryl
Old March 22nd 10, 04:19 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Granby

I know they opted for cremation so it may be a bit before Pam posts. Am
sure she will say what she prefers.

Good thought non the less.

Old March 22nd 10, 07:35 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_2_]

Default Flowers for Rob? Updated

OK, then I think we've all agreed that flowers are out (that *is* why I put
the following sentence in my original post).

Before we start, though, I'm going to talk to Pam to see if she'd like
this tribute in another form (donation to cancer research or something).

I am also going to send Pam something on my own, but I just thought it would
be nice to do something *as a group* - we used to be that close, maybe we're
not any more, I don't know. :-(

Again, could someone reply to this so those who have me kill-filed can join
the discussion?

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old March 22nd 10, 08:02 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Stormmee

i agree we really should do something, and i am touched that even with all
your own RL issues you are kind hearted enough to think of it, Lee

Old March 22nd 10, 08:28 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_2_]

My problems are nothing compared to what Pam is going through right now -
you want to talk about pain? What she's feeling - *THAT'S* pain!

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old March 22nd 10, 08:38 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Stormmee

one of the things i was just sitting here thinking was how this kind of
tradgity puts one's life/issues in clear perspective. Lee

Old March 22nd 10, 09:59 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

"Cheryl" wrote in message
It's usually a good idea to wait for the family's announcement, which will
probably say whether they are accepting flowers. Many families don't want
flowers for one reason or another, or have a preference about memorial
donations.

--
Cheryl

When my parents died, in lieu of flowers I asked for donations to be sent
directly to the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society. (Dad was a two-time survivor
of non-Hodgkin's lymphoma. That isn't what he died of.) I'm sure when Pam
has time to digest what has happened she'll make her preferences known.
It's a nice thought. Flowers are pretty, but also pretty useless in the
aftermath of a tragic death.

Jill