nice little cat quote

Old September 7th 06, 12:05 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cybercat

Default nice little cat quote

"sosessyithurts" wrote in message
oups.com...

cybercat wrote:
"sosessyithurts" wrote in message
oups.com...

just send me some beluga caviar and ritz crackers, that should get me
through the weekend

Hmm ... that's not much for a big boy to eat. Plus, I think you need to
sweet talk
a little fish to get that.

no it come from a huge whale, it's the largest in size, and it's the
most sought after caviar in the world

Oh, man, I feel so stupid!

AND as we all know, nobody rides for free, what do you want me to do
for you?

you want me to kick somebody's tail for something?

Let's not even go there. I wouldn't know where to ask you to start.

dang, and what am I to do with all this pent up unmitigated hostility

rec.pets.anecdotes

:

Old September 7th 06, 02:55 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
sosessyithurts

cybercat wrote:

Oh, man, I feel so stupid!

and you think I knew what it was? I had to google it bebe

dang, and what am I to do with all this pent up unmitigated hostility

rec.pets.anecdotes

they've got some sort of itchy rash going on
it's all over their necks and arms
whatever it is, there's no antidote

Old September 7th 06, 03:47 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Deeanna

Hi Sosessy!
I like these quotes. Heck, I like ANY cool cat quotes from famous
folks. I'm sure there are many more by Mark Twain.

Winston Churchill was also a cat lover. I lived in England for a total
of 7.5 years and stupidly I never visited his house. He had ordered in
his will that a descendent of his favorite orange marmalade cat would
continue to live on his property until the end of time and to this day,
there is a resident marmalade cat who has the run of the place. I
believe there are several other resident cats as well. Below is a link
that tells a bit more of the story.

http://www.flippyscatpage.com/churchill.html

In my search, I found this link with loads of cat trivia, to include
quotes. I have not looked at them yet.
http://www.greatdreams.com/cats/cats2.htm

Just wanted to share with fellow cat lovers. I have seven furry babies
and if I had a bigger house I'd have more. My dream is to have a
large home with a few acres out in the country and rescue cats. My vet
bill would be expensive, but it would be worth it.

Enjoy!
Deeanna

sosessyithurts wrote:
"I simply can't resist a cat, particularly a purring one. They are the
cleanest, cunningest, and most intelligent things I know, outside of
the girl you love, of course".
- quoted in Abroad with Mark Twain and Eugene Field, Fisher

--
http://www.twainquotes.com/Cats.html

It's a cool web page, there are also pictures of Marks cats

Another Quote (eat your heart Jerry)

"By what right has the dog come to be regarded as a "noble" animal? The
more brutal and cruel and unjust you are to him the more your fawning
and adoring slave he becomes; whereas, if you shamefully misuse a cat
once she will always maintain a dignified reserve toward you
afterward--you will never get her full confidence again".
- Mark Twain, a Biography

Old September 8th 06, 04:05 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
sosessyithurts

Deeanna wrote:
Hi Sosessy!
I like these quotes. Heck, I like ANY cool cat quotes from famous
folks. I'm sure there are many more by Mark Twain.

Oh sure

Twain was a genius, I also think he was a grand-stander, he loved the
limelight.
Anyone that would turn so many corners in one sentence had to love his
own words and be fond of attention.

Winston Churchill was also a cat lover.
http://www.flippyscatpage.com/churchill.html

! I should have known, behind every good man is a cat

In my search, I found this link with loads of cat trivia, to include
quotes. I have not looked at them yet.
http://www.greatdreams.com/cats/cats2.htm

Thanks, will check them out

I love reading about good people.

It wasn't till abou the past 3-4 years that I myself have taken a real
shine to cats in particular.

I don't know that much about Churchill, what little I have caught,
honestly there seemed to be a boyish pouting with him, it was a winning
magnetic personality.

All because of cats! lol

The proof is the story you told, leaving his homestead to a cat? I love
it.
One could say... he just felt that passionate about animals, WC knew
that he would be remembered partly by his love and extravagence towards
animals.. one final contribution of good.

Old September 8th 06, 07:01 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
-L.

sosessyithurts wrote:
no it come from a huge whale, it's the largest in size, and it's the
most sought after caviar in the world

No, Bar, hon, it comes from the Beluga sturgeon - not the Beluga whale
- and the Beluga sturgeon is endangered, thus importation of Beluga
caviar is illegal in the US.

The Beluga whale is a Cetacean, which means it's a mammal - and it
doesn't lay eggs externally like bony fish (Class: Osteichthyes) do.
Instead it gives live birth to (usually) a single calf. Just like you
Momma birthed you!

dang, and what am I to do with all this pent up unmitigated hostility

You can thump on that Bible of yours.....

-L.

Old September 8th 06, 07:13 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cybercat

"-L." wrote in message
oups.com...

sosessyithurts wrote:
no it come from a huge whale, it's the largest in size, and it's the
most sought after caviar in the world

No, Bar, hon, it comes from the Beluga sturgeon - not the Beluga whale
- and the Beluga sturgeon is endangered, thus importation of Beluga
caviar is illegal in the US.

The Beluga whale is a Cetacean, which means it's a mammal - and it
doesn't lay eggs externally like bony fish (Class: Osteichthyes) do.
Instead it gives live birth to (usually) a single calf.

Oh, man, I *knew* that!

Old September 8th 06, 07:33 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
-L.

cybercat wrote:
Oh, man, I *knew* that!

One of the cutest things I have ever seen in my life was a Beluga whale
popping it's head out of the water and singing "me-me-me-me-me!" to us
at Shedd Aquarium in Chicago, as we stood by the tank. I *hate* that
people keep cetaceans in captivity and I no longer patronize such
places, but DAMN that was cute! Little thing looked human!

-L.

Old September 8th 06, 07:50 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cybercat

"-L." wrote in message
oups.com...

cybercat wrote:
Oh, man, I *knew* that!

One of the cutest things I have ever seen in my life was a Beluga whale
popping it's head out of the water and singing "me-me-me-me-me!" to us
at Shedd Aquarium in Chicago, as we stood by the tank. I *hate* that
people keep cetaceans in captivity and I no longer patronize such
places, but DAMN that was cute! Little thing looked human!

Awwww ... I have not been to an Aquarium in ages. I need to get
out more.

Old September 8th 06, 11:40 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
sosessyithurts

-L. wrote:

dang, and what am I to do with all this pent up unmitigated hostility

You can thump on that Bible of yours.....

FOR THE PATH OF THE RIGHTEOUS IS BESET ON AAALLL SIDES BY THE
INIQUITIES OF THE SELFISH AND THE TRYANNY OF EVIL MEN.

BLESSED IS HE WHO SENDS ME RARE CAVIAR IN THE NAME OF CHARITY
FOR THEY ARE TRULY THIS BROTHERS KEEPER AND THE REMINDER OF REAL FINE
THINGS