bald spot

Old September 8th 06, 06:28 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Laila

Default bald spot

thanks everyone for your replies. i will take some time off from work
in October to get another kitty, take her to the vet and introduce the
two of them. i'll also get the Feliway and rescue remedy to try out.
what kind of a cat would be good to get? Shaina was very friendly with
other animals. how old should the new kitty be? Shaina is almost 3
years old.

Old September 8th 06, 12:21 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
sosessyithurts

Laila wrote:
thanks everyone for your replies. i will take some time off from work
in October to get another kitty, take her to the vet and introduce the
two of them. i'll also get the Feliway and rescue remedy to try out.
what kind of a cat would be good to get? Shaina was very friendly with
other animals. how old should the new kitty be? Shaina is almost 3
years old.

If you have a choice, get a kitten, they come pre-litter trained, and
are loads of fun.

You're 3 year old will enjoy the random un-predicted sillyness, your 3
year old may even be protective and take the kitten under her wing so
to say

Old September 8th 06, 04:50 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
22brix

"sosessyithurts" wrote in message
oups.com...

Laila wrote:
thanks everyone for your replies. i will take some time off from work
in October to get another kitty, take her to the vet and introduce the
two of them. i'll also get the Feliway and rescue remedy to try out.
what kind of a cat would be good to get? Shaina was very friendly with
other animals. how old should the new kitty be? Shaina is almost 3
years old.

If you have a choice, get a kitten, they come pre-litter trained, and
are loads of fun.

You're 3 year old will enjoy the random un-predicted sillyness, your 3
year old may even be protective and take the kitten under her wing so
to say

Also most cats accept a kitten more easily than another adult. I've seen
some big tough male cats melt when dealing with a young kitten (but not
always!) I've had good luck introducing either male or female cats to my
group of cats but many people say it's easier with male cats.

Have fun!
Bonnie

Old September 8th 06, 05:32 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
sosessyithurts

22brix wrote:
I've had good luck introducing either male or female cats to my
group of cats but many people say it's easier with male cats.

Have fun!
Bonnie

about how many cats do you have?

at this point I wouldnt' want any less than two, as it gives them
something to do

Old September 8th 06, 06:13 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
22brix

"sosessyithurts" wrote in message
ps.com...

22brix wrote:
I've had good luck introducing either male or female cats to my
group of cats but many people say it's easier with male cats.

Have fun!
Bonnie

about how many cats do you have?

at this point I wouldnt' want any less than two, as it gives them
something to do

I have 7 and love it! They don't have a chance to get bored and one of them
is always ready for a cuddle or play time. Don't care so much for the vet
bills but it's worth it to me! How many do you have?

Bonnie

Old September 8th 06, 06:33 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
sosessyithurts

22brix wrote:

I have 7 and love it! They don't have a chance to get bored and one of them
is always ready for a cuddle or play time. Don't care so much for the vet
bills but it's worth it to me! How many do you have?

7 wow! I only have 2
one is almost 8 years old, the other is going on 1 year old

I don't want too many in the house (here a hair, thar a hair,
everywhere a hair)
without the option of running them outside (I would rather have a coupe
out back)

I wouldn't mind having a place out in the country where i could coupe a
bunch of them... and let them trickle in and out of the house, I really
enjoy feeding them, they are highly entertaining... even just watching
them nap is relaxing to me.

....watching them wake up from a long nap... streeeeeetch...
yaaaaawwwwnnn, then lay back down for another nap

my personality has a built in "give me space" mechanism, once I need my
space cats would scatter... i would just put that look on them

Old September 8th 06, 07:51 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
22brix

"sosessyithurts" wrote in message
oups.com...

22brix wrote:

I have 7 and love it!

7 wow! I only have 2

one is almost 8 years old, the other is going on 1 year old

I don't want too many in the house (here a hair, thar a hair,
everywhere a hair)
without the option of running them outside (I would rather have a coupe
out back)

I wouldn't mind having a place out in the country where i could coupe a
bunch of them... and let them trickle in and out of the house, I really
enjoy feeding them, they are highly entertaining... even just watching
them nap is relaxing to me.

...watching them wake up from a long nap... streeeeeetch...
yaaaaawwwwnnn, then lay back down for another nap

my personality has a built in "give me space" mechanism, once I need my
space cats would scatter... i would just put that look on them

The hair does get to be a bit much!! I collect enough fur to make a dozen
more! Wish you could spin it--would be so soft. I need my space too but I
don't seem to mind the cats. I love dogs but they are more "needy" and that
gets to me more than the cats.

Old September 9th 06, 05:28 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
sosessyithurts

22brix wrote:

The hair does get to be a bit much!!

what about pro groomers, don't they use a quiet vaccuum?
maybe it has a long hose so the motor is in the other room
maybe it has a nice cat cozy grooming attatchment.

Old September 9th 06, 06:41 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
22brix

22brix wrote:

The hair does get to be a bit much!!

what about pro groomers, don't they use a quiet vaccuum?
maybe it has a long hose so the motor is in the other room
maybe it has a nice cat cozy grooming attatchment.

Don't know how my menagerie would tolerate that--too much like going to the
vet's!! My sweet old Molly is deaf and doesn't mind being vacuumed--not
that I do it that often! Several of mine don't like being brushed and one of
them will actively bite the brush (or me!) no matter how gentle I am. Sigh.

Old September 10th 06, 07:27 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Laila

sosessyithurts wrote:
22brix wrote:

The hair does get to be a bit much!!

what about pro groomers, don't they use a quiet vaccuum?
maybe it has a long hose so the motor is in the other room
maybe it has a nice cat cozy grooming attatchment.

Shaina is short-haired but still needs to be groomed to avoid her
lovely fur covering every single surface it'll stick to. she allows me
to groom her as long as i don't touch the tummy, but she stil may bite
and hiss, which is very cute. if she bites too hard, i hiss at her and
she stops.