Smudgie is Lost!

Old July 19th 10, 10:39 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Gandalf[_2_]

Default Smudgie is Lost! But I Know Where She Is!!!!

On Mon, 19 Jul 2010 09:43:59 +0100, "Sharon & Smudgie"
wrote:

Bumping this to the top I'm logging on all the time hoping to see
"Smudgie's Home!"- could you post it in this thread as well when she
is as I have it set at work to update me when someone posts to the
thread?

We are sending purrs...tons of purrs....megatons of
purrs......gigatons of purrs.....

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

Hi Everyone

Well, we went trapping all weekend until after midnight but nothing.
Smudgie hasn't been seen since last Tueday by Kylie and I'm wondering
whether she has found somewhere else to sleep and hunt? We have had heavy
rain on and off for the past few days, and she hates getting wet, so perhaps
that put her off going to the woods. I believe she was spending the daytime
elsewhere and going into the woods only at night as she was always seen on
her way into the woods or in the shrubbery on the edge of the trees around
9.30 at night.

Now my problem is where exactly has she moved on to? Luckily my DH is off
work this week so he will put some posters up on the estate on the other
side of the woods and fields and pop leaflets through doors there. It will
be 3 weeks on Wednesday Kylie said Smudgie will be feral now because of
her instinct to get food and water, even if she has to fight for it. That
made me smile I must admit cos Smudgie has always been super feisty and I
can imagine her behaving like that cartoon Tasmanian Devil, wizzing about
like a tornado and scoffing all the cat food left out within a 2 mile
radius!

If only I knew where she was now, when she was being seen at the woods every
night I felt certain we would have got her back by now. Now she could be
anywhere and I don't know where to start. Her "cat nav" needs some fine
tuning that's for sure!

Thanks for the continuing purrs, I'm sure she can hear them but she doesn't
know they are to guide her home!

Sharon

You have done (and are still doing) ALL the right things; Smudgie should
have been found in three days, not three weeks

I think you are right that Smudgie has moved someplace with shelter from
the rain. The woods would not provide sufficient shelter from heavy
rain.

Cats are nothing if not resourceful.

Widening the radius of where you place posters is the best thing you can
do right now, and hope there is another helpful person who will report
her whereabouts to you again, as the woman who was walking her dog did.

Purrs continue for Smudgie's return.

~~~~~~~~~~~~ ^..^

- Robert Heinlein

---
Virus Database (VPS): 100718-1, 07/18/2010
Tested on: 7/19/2010 4:39:30 AM

Old July 19th 10, 07:37 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MLB[_2_]

Sharon & Smudgie wrote:
[...]

Perhaps we should direct purrs and prayers to specific longitude and
latitude.....of the wooded area and surroundings. Best wishes. MLB
Old July 19th 10, 10:53 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Sharon & Smudgie[_2_]

Still purring and praying for her to get herself home ASAP. I've told
Sootie to send the message that it's gone on too long now even for a BCT.

Judith

--
Judith Latham
Stourbridge, West Midlands. UK.

Thank you Judith and everyone. Today we put up posters further afield, then
I got a call whilst we were walking the woods tonight. A friend of a friend
has been feeding a black and white "stray" for the last 3 nights in the area
we had just put up posters! I got their contact info then we got a call
from them to say they had enticed the cat into their house. We drove round
but alas it wasn't Smudgie The cat they have been feeding is plump and
healthy looking and by having a quick "feel" I could also inform them it's a
neutered "he" and not a "she" cat! He is very pretty though! I think if
they stop feeding him chicken and turkey he will probably make his way home.
They have promised to take him to a vet to be scanned for a microchip if
he's still around in a day or so.

Sharon

Old July 20th 10, 01:39 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
pat Chlebowski

I was hoping you were going to say you had found Smudgie.... Good
luck....

Old July 20th 10, 05:00 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Gandalf[_2_]

On Mon, 19 Jul 2010 22:53:46 +0100, "Sharon & Smudgie"
wrote:

[...]

I got SO EXCITED when I read about the 'stray'; but he turned out not
to be Smudgie

But, on the BIG plus side, people ARE reading your posters, and ARE
responding to them, and that's a very good thing, indeed.

I would say that the bigger area you can put up posters, the better your
chances are of finding her.

Unfortunately, Smudgie could be almost anywhere by now.

I'm actually hoping somebody has taken her in, now, so she is getting
enough food. She's been on her own a LONG time now

My plan is that they will either take her to a vet, who will scan her
microchip, or they will see one of your posters.

I don't know about most people, but WHENEVER I see a poster in my
neighborhood, even if I'm in my car, I stop and read it, just in case.

It's really sad how many cats and dogs go missing, just in my
neighborhood

I've never found a missing local pet, but I have rescued 3 'strays'. One
of them was a neutered and declawed male, and despite weeks of trying, I
could not fine his humans

He wasn't found in my neighborhood, though. I found homes for all the
cats I rescued.

Purrs continue, of course, for Smudgie to be found ASAP.

~~~~~~~~~~~~ ^..^

- Robert Heinlein

---
Virus Database (VPS): 100719-1, 07/19/2010
Tested on: 7/19/2010 11:00:40 PM

Old July 20th 10, 08:39 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kyla =^..^=[_5_]

Yes we are. Love Kyla

hang in there we are all still purring and praying, Lee
"Sharon & Smudgie"

Old July 20th 10, 09:02 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Sharon & Smudgie

Perhaps we should direct purrs and prayers to specific longitude and
latitude.....of the wooded area and surroundings. Best wishes. MLB

If you go to maps.google.com and type in "slaughters wood, luton" then go to
the "satellite" option you can see the area we are covering. She was last
seen in the part between Hayling Drive and right along to where it turns the
corner at Ditton Green, which borders the farmers field. That was a week
ago. Now I have postered, and am walking, the remaining strip of woods up
to where it meets Crawley Green Road and the larger patch of Slaughters Wood
itself. Once I can get another sighting I can start trapping again in that
part. We live in Telscombe Way, which isn't really that far away as the
crow flies, but may just as well be a million miles with the luck we are
having now!

Sharon

Old July 21st 10, 02:12 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Cheryl[_3_]

"Sharon & Smudgie" wrote in message
Perhaps we should direct purrs and prayers to specific longitude and
latitude.....of the wooded area and surroundings. Best wishes. MLB

If you go to maps.google.com and type in "slaughters wood, luton" then go
to the "satellite" option you can see the area we are covering. She was
last seen in the part between Hayling Drive and right along to where it
turns the corner at Ditton Green, which borders the farmers field. That
was a week ago. Now I have postered, and am walking, the remaining strip
of woods up to where it meets Crawley Green Road and the larger patch of
Slaughters Wood itself. Once I can get another sighting I can start
trapping again in that part. We live in Telscombe Way, which isn't really
that far away as the crow flies, but may just as well be a million miles
with the luck we are having now!

Don't give up Sharon. Still sending purrs that she will know are GYFBH
purrs.

Old July 21st 10, 05:06 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kyla =^..^=[_5_]

"Cheryl"
"Sharon & Smudgie" ...
[...]

Same here Sharon
Love
Kyla

Old July 24th 10, 04:09 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MLB[_2_]

Sharon & Smudgie wrote:
[...]

When this was received, I Googled and got the map. I found the one
street but not the second one mentioned. (My eyesight isn't that good
any more). I continued to concentrate my thoughts on that area and I
suppose many others did also. It was the next day when you found
success. Now I am wondering if the map and exact location helped the
prayers along. Guess we'll never know. So glad the hunt ended
successfully. How is she doing? MLB