Bridge Song

Old March 27th 14, 09:54 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Ken Leonard

Default Bridge Song

Bridge Song

A week ago, 3/16, was the first Full Moon since Mr. GT left and we laid his fursuit to rest.

Myth and tradition tell us Full Moon is a time, just as the moon is at zenith, that this world and the other may touch and portals may open.

I was reading in bed about 7:00 PM, which turns to have been almost the time of zenith, when something urged me, almost kicked me, out of bed and sent me to the family room. The night was clouded and rainy, hiding the moon, so I could see nearly nothing as I looked out the french doors--except that Chessie and Misty were most intently gazing out the doors. They were fixed on the grassy mound, beneath the large holly tree, where we had laid Mr. GT's fursuit, with a small slab of white quartzite on top of the mound. I wondered what they could be watching so I stared, too.

I saw a small fog, supposedly not possible in the rain, beginning to form over the mound. The fog thickened and swirled and seemed to glow gently from within. Then it resolved into shapes, shades, forms. I saw a dozen or so cats sitting facing the mound and our gurlkitties were doing likewise. Then I heard, I swear, the basso rumble of a large tomcat and the tenor hum of a sweet momcat and a chorus of other voices. Topping the song was the sweetest high warble I have ever heard a cat make. I do not speak nor understand Native Cat so I cannot translate--and probably would not if I could. But I could somehow understand the feelings of what must be a Bridge Song. Our girls joined in with the cats at the mound--Chessie chirff-churrffing and Misty pirff-purrffing. Somehow the girls knew the words. "Welcome, Brother"; "Reunion awaits"; "Love is here and no pain"; "Welcome, Brother.

The song repeated three times, I think, then softened and ended. The shades cats swirled back into fog and the fog dissipated.

It's all impossible, I know, but that's what I saw and heard: a Bridge Song.
Old April 7th 14, 07:57 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Kyla=^..^=

We at our house are so sorry Mr. GT went to Rainbow Bridge, Uncle Ken. on
his own, just like my Uncle Mutt Cat on Dec 7, 2007. Mutt was 19 years old
when he went to Rainbow Bridge on Mom and Dad's big bed on his own too, just
like Mr. GT.. Mom went in and told Mutt it was OK to go to Rainbow Bridge
and when she came in to see how Pa was doing, he was feeling sad, and Mom
comforted Dad, and then she went in to check on Mutt (real name Waldo) and
he had just left to go to Rainbow Bridge. I believe your story about hearing
the song about Rainbow Bridge.
We have never heard it. Where do you live?
We live near Seattle Washington in a mobile home.
Condolences lovingly sent from our home
MoseyCat,PookyKat, SqweexCat and PippsCat &our wonderful, kind humans Kyla
& Dutch.
PS Mutt was Pa Dutch's heart cat, and a real velcro cat (a cling on) to Pa
Dutch .
Mutt could say human words like milk, and I wasn't born yet and Mom can't
remember what else Mutt said.

"Ken Leonard"

Old April 7th 14, 08:43 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Will in New Haven[_2_]

On Thursday, March 27, 2014 5:54:56 PM UTC-4, Ken Leonard wrote:
[...]

I believe you and I know the heartache you feel. I know my WooToo went back to my Mother, from whom I got her when Mom passed away, and that they are now napping and cuddling at the Rainbow Bridge.

--
Will in New Haven

Dot's song Takayuki Cat anecdotes 5 August 12th 12 09:23 PM
Your cat's theme song? Shel-hed[_2_] Cat anecdotes 21 March 4th 09 04:54 AM
The Mean Little Kitty Song :-\)Liz Cat anecdotes 2 September 25th 07 05:17 AM
A new Song jmcquown Cat anecdotes 7 November 22nd 06 09:12 AM
A new song! jmcquown Cat anecdotes 9 July 25th 05 02:14 AM