Visit to Ted

Old June 30th 06, 12:14 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kathryn

Default Visit to Ted

Sesame was having a very nice sleep on my bed this afternoon when I picked
her up, put her in the carrier and then out we went to the car. She was not
impressed! I like to call it the Surpise Wake Up-Carrier Deployment
maneuver.

She had a general check up - blood pressure (160 which is normal - and good
considering her age). He listened to her heart which is good, took some
blood and urine and are doing about $230 worth of tests. Ouch. Her urine is
a bit cloudy which could indicate a bladder infection/UTI. Also checking
blood to make sure kidneys and thyroid are still at good levels.

He's a little bit concerned about her eye - he thinks that it has ruptured
and plugged itself again and it is a bit bigger so he wants to check on that
in a month. He said that it isn't causing her pain but there may be the
occasional irritation. He said it wouldn't be as bad as a hair which is
rough because the plug is smooth, and because the third eyelid is covering
it that prevents it from drying out. So hopefully that won't develop into
any problem. He said the risk is that the eye might collapse if it
ruptures - which is less likely considering she spends most of her time
indoors, sleeping rather than being active and very rarely has contact with
other animals. The risks of surgery at her age just are too much... plus the
fact that it would place her kidneys (which so far are OK) at more risk of
failing.

These kitties like to worry us, don't they!

Anyway we should have all the results back by Monday. Sesame has a full
tummy from dinner and is sulking - she's not too happy with me!

They also have a new clinic cat called BonBon - she is a white longhaired
kitty and absolutely gorgeous. She was a stray and is now spending her time
charming the staff and visitors. A real cutie!

Kathryn

Old June 30th 06, 12:53 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Tish Silberbauer

Kathryn can you email me? Its a question about good vets near
Korumburra. (I *think* I remember that you live in that part of
Victoria, if I'm wrong please forgive me)
My email address is tsilberb at yahoo dot co dot uk (needless to say,
replace ats and dots with @ and .)

Thanks,
Tish

Old June 30th 06, 01:07 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Too bad the cat didn't ****ing die, who the **** names there cat
****ing seaseme, you pretenois ****s,DOGS DTW LUKE LOLOLOLOL

Old June 30th 06, 01:10 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Randy

"Kathryn" wrote:
[...]

Purrs that Sesame's test will be negative and her eye is ok.

Randy

http://picasaweb.google.com/crmartin1

http://kittenwar.com/kittens/74045/

Old June 30th 06, 01:25 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian A

Kathryn wrote:
[...]

Purrs for a good outcome to the tests and for the eye. Purrs for Sesame to
forgive you which I'm sure she will very soon.
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy and Bagheera)
Cats leave pawprints on your heart.