Latest news on "the eye"

Old September 24th 04, 12:03 AM
Christina Websell

Default Latest news on "the eye"

Well, I had to go back to the hospital today for an opinion on my recently
operated upon eye.

I won't bore you with how long it was after my appointment time, that I was
seen. Hours. Anyway, I had my operation on Sept 7. Last week I was in
great pain because the pressure was up. I only found out today how high it
actually was. No wonder I was in such pain. The normal pressure of the eye
ranges from 11-21. I was told today that last week mine was 37!!!
I had loads of meds, was sleepy after them, like I said, but the good news
is that today my eye pressure is 19. Still a bit on the high side, but
okay.
I still have some inflammation but not as much. I still can't see properly,
but apparently, as yet, that's not too much to worry about, as the retinal
haemorrhage has mainly settled to the bottom of the eye in clots, although
there is some blood still in the vitreous humour, that's why things look
sepia.
It will take months, rather than weeks to clear, but I'm hoping for a
reasonable result in the end.

If I was retired, and had a pension, it wouldn't worry me too much. I need
to work though, for another 12 years. My employers have been quite good, my
job is still there for when I can go back, and if I am still visionally
impaired they intend to get adaptations so I can manage.
Don't praise them too much, though, they have to. A recent Disability
Discrimination Act has made it much tougher for employers if an existing
previously able-bodied employee becomes disabled "in service" i.e. while
still working for them.

Tweed

Old September 24th 04, 12:07 AM
CatNipped

"Christina Websell" wrote in message
Well, I had to go back to the hospital today for an opinion on my recently
operated upon eye.

Well, I was hoping you would have a quicker recovery, but still, that's good
news. We're still sending purrs that your eye will heal completely and much
sooner than the doctors predict!

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old September 24th 04, 12:08 AM
Irulan

aw, Tweed. We hope the eye pressure keeps going down. I am due for a
cataract removal sometime this year or early next year, so I know what you
must be going through. Jazz and I will purr and pray for your quick and
complete recovery.
Jazz & his mama

--

Irulan
from the stars we come

Old September 24th 04, 12:44 AM
Jo Firey

[...]

Kind of a shame when they have to make common decency the law isn't it?
Hopefully they will follow it with good grace as well.

Jo