Cat pics - "kitchen cats"

Old February 6th 04, 03:55 AM
Susan M

Default Cat pics - "kitchen cats"

Hi all:

New pictures of the boys at
http://community.webshots.com/user/susanmandfredk
under "Kitchen cats".

It's scandalous but true. The boys get up on the counters and table and
*stay up*.

Susan M
Otis and Chester
Ill-behaved cats

Old February 6th 04, 04:07 AM
Victor Martinez

Susan M wrote:
It's scandalous but true. The boys get up on the counters and table and
*stay up*.

Of course they stay up! It's more fun up! We've given up on the table,
but the counters are still technically off-limits for the cats. Not that
they care, but we try.

--
Victor Martinez
Send your spam he

Old February 6th 04, 04:14 AM
Karen Chuplis

in article PeEUb.409948$X%5.190178@pd7tw2no, Susan M at smawdsley remove
@shaw.ca wrote on 2/5/04 9:55 PM:

Hi all:

New pictures of the boys at
http://community.webshots.com/user/susanmandfredk
under "Kitchen cats".

It's scandalous but true. The boys get up on the counters and table and
*stay up*.

Susan M
Otis and Chester
Ill-behaved cats

I have to tell you....they don't look like they feel very guilty

Karen

Old February 6th 04, 04:23 AM
Seanette Blaylock

Victor Martinez had some very interesting things to
say about Cat pics - "kitchen cats":
Susan M wrote:
It's scandalous but true. The boys get up on the counters and table and
*stay up*.

Of course they stay up! It's more fun up! We've given up on the table,
but the counters are still technically off-limits for the cats. Not that
they care, but we try.

For some reason, Felix has zero interest in the counters.
Old February 6th 04, 05:13 AM
Marina

"Susan M" smawdsley remove @shaw.ca wrote

New pictures of the boys at
http://community.webshots.com/user/susanmandfredk
under "Kitchen cats".

It's scandalous but true. The boys get up on the counters and table and
*stay up*.

LOL! Love the pics. I think in the first one, it looks like the place mats
were there just for Otis and Checters to lie on.

--
Marina, Frank and Nikki (who are not interested in counters, but do visit
table tops with no sanctions from Meowmie)

Old February 6th 04, 07:40 AM
Hopitus2

Wonderful pics of your boys....they really are good buddies, aren't they?

"Marina" wrote in message
:
: "Susan M" smawdsley remove @shaw.ca wrote
:
: New pictures of the boys at
: http://community.webshots.com/user/susanmandfredk
: under "Kitchen cats".
:
: It's scandalous but true. The boys get up on the counters and table and
: *stay up*.
:
: LOL! Love the pics. I think in the first one, it looks like the place mats
: were there just for Otis and Checters to lie on.
:
: --
: Marina, Frank and Nikki (who are not interested in counters, but do visit
: table tops with no sanctions from Meowmie)
: Email marina (dot) kurten (at) pp (dot) inet (dot) fi
: Pics at http://uk.f1.pg.photos.yahoo.com/frankiennikki
:

Old February 6th 04, 08:14 AM
jmcquown

Susan M wrote:
It's scandalous but true. The boys get up on the counters and
table and *stay up*.

Of course they stay up! It's more fun up! We've given up on the
table, but the counters are still technically off-limits for the
cats. Not that they care, but we try.

For some reason, Felix has zero interest in the counters.

The only counter Persia is interested in is my master bathroom counter.
That way she gets to fuss and get in my way when I'm trying to put on
makeup, etc.

Jill

Old February 6th 04, 12:41 PM

Susan M smawdsley remove @shaw.ca wrote:

It's scandalous but true. The boys get up on the counters and table
and *stay up*.

I won't tell anyone!

(Recently a woman came to my house so I could help her with some math
problems. During our tutoring session, Roxy kept jumping on the table,
and I had to put her on the floor 3 times. She was doing this because I
was finishing a bowl of cereal, and she was waiting for me to give her
the bowl to lick clean as I always do. At some point I said to the woman
(as a sort of disclaimer) that I've never trained my cats to stay off the
table and I hoped she didn't mind. This woman - who is not one of my regular
friends, I can tell you that - made a huffy comment about how her cats
*never* get on the table because she doesn't feed her cats people food.
Well, s'cuze me!)

Joyce
Old February 6th 04, 05:45 PM
John Biltz

On Fri, 6 Feb 2004 0:14:05 -0800, jmcquown wrote
(in message ):

I never tried to keep Maya off the counter or the table. I never use the
table for eating. I debated getting rid of the table but you sort of
have to have one and sometimes you need a large flat surface for
projects. I moved Maya's food dish to the counter when I first got
Bruiser so I could keep him out of Maya's adult food and feed him kitten
food on the floor. That plan did not survive first contact with the
kitten for long to paraphrase an old military expression. After an
amazing running leap from the table to the counter for a tiny kitten, I
gave up. Bruiser is such a messy eater, the counter is the easiest place
to clean up when he is done and my normal food preparation consists of
tearing the top off something and sticking it in the microwave. Besides
how would he be able to make sure I washed the dishes correctly if he was
not allowed up there?

Old February 6th 04, 09:15 PM
Ann

My cats get up on the small table I have in the kitchen but not on the
dining room table. I know they also get up on my counters.

Cinnamon usually get blamed for getting on the counter as she will get into
everything. I know when they get on the counter at night because I have a
motion sensor light in my kitchen and the only way the cats can make it come
on is to be on the counter. One night I was waiting for Abby to finish
eating in the kitchen, Cinnamon gets fed in another room. I went to open
the door and I see the light in the kitchen. About the time I realize the
light shouldn't be on I hear a light thump as Abby jumps off the counter.

Ann