Imagine My Surprise....

Old June 23rd 04, 07:09 PM
Melissa Houle

Default Imagine My Surprise....

To discover my recently adopted cat girl, Francesca, was expecting a kitten!
To distill this story down to its essentials, I made a trip to the
emergency vet on Sunday night, because there was a great deal of watery,
bloody discharge dripping out of Francesca's rear end. At the vet, I
discovered she was pregnant, and had at least one kitten in her, and the
discharge that had alarmed me was her water breaking. The midnight vet said
she'd probably deliver the kitten in the night, and if she didn't I was to
either bring her back, or take her to my regular vet.

As of MOnday morning, still no kitten, to my disappointment and concern. So
Cesca had a c-section, during which the vet delivered one living and two
dead kittens. She and the living kitten are home as of yesterday afternoon,
and fortunately, Cesca is a very good mother who is taking excellent care of
her baby. I'm taking care of HER, and giving her lots of food, love and
praise. It's amazing that she knows just what to do when she is still so
young herself. The kitten is a wee brown tabby like his/her mother, and for
the moment, I'm calling it T.K. for Tiny Kitten. It's not yet clear if the
kitten will make it, but since it lived through the night, I'm hopeful that
it will. One day at a time. It has a lot of white on its little face, a
white bib, and the tiniest little white paws. It's little tail is maybe an
inch long and as big around as a piece of string.

Melissa

Old June 23rd 04, 07:28 PM
Exocat

Congratulations on obtaining a new future master/mistress.
Looking forward to the pictures!

Purrs for a successful upbringing

Gordon, Bandit, Pericles & Snowball

--
Feline family viewable at:
http://community.webshots.com/user/exocat

Old June 23rd 04, 07:33 PM
dirtylitterboxofferingstospammers

AWWWWWWWWW :-)

Baby cat!!!!

AAAAWWWWWWWW!!! :-)

Hoping the wee one makes it okay and that Mum is fine too.

AAAAAWWWWWWW!!! :-)

Cheers, helen s

**$om $

Old June 23rd 04, 07:38 PM
Sherry

NEW BORN BABY KITTY!!
shriek

This is so not fair. I am jealous. She has a baby kitty and I don't. Wah.

Sherry