Such a good friend

Old June 25th 07, 04:48 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Susan M

Default Such a good friend

Last week, I had to stay up until 1 AM doing some things for my Board of
Directors and Otis kept me good company until I went to bed. He tried to
rest on the keyboard, my hands, and my lap, before settling in just by my
feet. When I finished, he trotted upstairs with me and we had a big cuddle
and love-in before going to sleep.

I was in feeding the baby in the middle of the night a couple of nights ago
and, as he most often is, Otis was waiting for me outside the door when I
was finished. When I got to bed, Fred said that, before I even turned the
door handle to leave Andrew's room, Otis was off the bed coming to see me.
He must have known how the floor creaks when I walk to the door and have
been listening for it. Again, more cuddles and purrs before drifting off to
sleep.

Even when he's outside, he comes to see me and tries to get on my lap when I
sit down. He is my ever-present devoted buddy and enriches my life by being
here. Every once in a blue moon, I allow myself to wonder what it might be
like when he's gone. I can't imagine the grief.

Susan M
Otis and Chester

Old June 25th 07, 05:31 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

Susan M wrote:

Even when he's outside, he comes to see me and tries to get on my lap when I
sit down. He is my ever-present devoted buddy and enriches my life by being
here. Every once in a blue moon, I allow myself to wonder what it might be
like when he's gone. I can't imagine the grief.

Frank was like that, my constant shadow. Nothing can fill that void.

Old June 25th 07, 07:59 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kreisleriana

On Sun, 24 Jun 2007 21:48:21 -0600, "Susan M"
yodeled:

[...]

What a sweetie boy!

Theresa

Make Levees, Not War
Old June 25th 07, 05:34 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Victor Martinez

Susan M wrote:
Even when he's outside, he comes to see me and tries to get on my lap when I
sit down. He is my ever-present devoted buddy and enriches my life by being
here. Every once in a blue moon, I allow myself to wonder what it might be
like when he's gone. I can't imagine the grief.

The best we can do is cherish every moment we are given. It's never
enough time. Otis is certainly a great friend.

--
Victor M. Martinez
Send your spam he

Old June 26th 07, 12:14 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Ginger-lyn

Susan M wrote:
[...]

I do the same, especially with Internet. You can never really prepare
yourself. All you can do is enjoy each day and love on them as much as
you can.

Scritches to Otis (and Chester, too).

Ginger-lyn