Boyfriend donates his fur

Old May 23rd 12, 09:18 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian[_4_]

Default Boyfriend donates his fur

"Christina Websell" wrote:
"Adrian" wrote in message

I haven't seen any young blue tits or great tits yet, I have seen young
blackbirds, thrushes, robins & goldfinches. There's a starlings nest in
the
roof and I expect them to fledge any day now.
--

I haven't seen any blue or great tit youngsters either this year. Boyfie's
fur has all been taken now so maybe they delayed nesting.

Tweed

I've seen young greenfinches today, now I'm waiting for the hedgehog to put
in an appearance.
--
Adrian
Old May 23rd 12, 10:26 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MatSav[_2_]

Default Hedgehogs (was Boyfriend donates his fur)

"Adrian" wrote in message
I've seen young greenfinches today, now I'm waiting for the
hedgehog to put
in an appearance.

Plenty of hedgepigs, and other wildlife, he

http://www.sttiggywinkles.org.uk/

:-)

--
MatSav

Old May 23rd 12, 10:49 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Adrian" wrote in message
"Christina Websell" wrote:
"Adrian" wrote in message

I haven't seen any young blue tits or great tits yet, I have seen young
blackbirds, thrushes, robins & goldfinches. There's a starlings nest in
the
roof and I expect them to fledge any day now.
--

I haven't seen any blue or great tit youngsters either this year.
Boyfie's
fur has all been taken now so maybe they delayed nesting.
I had a starlings nest in my roof last year but not this year.
From 10C when I originally posted it is now scorchio. 25C this
afternoon!

Tweed

I've seen young greenfinches today, now I'm waiting for the hedgehog to
put
in an appearance.
--
Adrian

I haven't had hedgehogs for a while. Two of my neighbours say they have
seen badgers in their gardens recently so that might be why.
Luckily my chickens are in almost nuclear-attack proof huts and runs now.
Nothing can dig into them as there are concrete slabs, the huts are lined
with steel sheets, the sides of the runs are very strong weldmesh and there
is a roof on.
Badgers are so strong they can rip their way into a wooden chicken hut
overnight and don't think they won't.
Free range is long gone from here.

Tweed

Old May 23rd 12, 11:50 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian[_4_]

"Christina Websell" wrote:
"Adrian" wrote in message
"Christina Websell" wrote:
"Adrian" wrote in message

I haven't seen any young blue tits or great tits yet, I have seen young
blackbirds, thrushes, robins & goldfinches. There's a starlings nest in
the
roof and I expect them to fledge any day now.
--

I haven't seen any blue or great tit youngsters either this year.
Boyfie's
fur has all been taken now so maybe they delayed nesting.
I had a starlings nest in my roof last year but not this year.
From 10C when I originally posted it is now scorchio. 25C this
afternoon!

Tweed

I've seen young greenfinches today, now I'm waiting for the hedgehog to
put
in an appearance.
--
Adrian

I haven't had hedgehogs for a while. Two of my neighbours say they have
seen badgers in their gardens recently so that might be why.
Luckily my chickens are in almost nuclear-attack proof huts and runs now.
Nothing can dig into them as there are concrete slabs, the huts are lined
with steel sheets, the sides of the runs are very strong weldmesh and there
is a roof on.
Badgers are so strong they can rip their way into a wooden chicken hut
overnight and don't think they won't.
Free range is long gone from here.

Tweed

I've heard that badgers can be worse than foxes for attacking chickens, a
farm I visited a couple of years ago had badgers break into their chicken
hut.

The hedgehog came round just before ten, ate some sunflower hearts the
birds had dropped, then departed at quite a lick. It's surprising how fast
they can move.
--
Adrian

Old May 24th 12, 09:53 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

It was 24c in my house at 9 p.m. today and this a cold house normally.
We are not likely to get anywhere near 100f, this would be a near record
temperature for Britain, which has a climate peculiar to itself. It's
unlikely to stay as hot as is now for more than a few days, it usually
results in a thunderstorm

"Adrian" wrote in message

I haven't seen any young blue tits or great tits yet, I have seen young
blackbirds, thrushes, robins & goldfinches. There's a starlings nest in
the
roof and I expect them to fledge any day now.
--

I haven't seen any blue or great tit youngsters either this year.
Boyfie's fur has all been taken now so maybe they delayed nesting.
I had a starlings nest in my roof last year but not this year.
From 10C when I originally posted it is now scorchio. 25C this
afternoon!

Tweed

Old May 24th 12, 10:55 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Adrian" wrote in message
I've heard that badgers can be worse than foxes for attacking chickens, a
farm I visited a couple of years ago had badgers break into their chicken
hut.

I would prefer to have badgers than foxes (as long as I reinforce the sheds)
As long as you shut your chickens up at night and have very strong sheds,
your chickens are safe. I can deal with that.
Foxes are entirely different. They cannot break into a wooden shed, but a
few years ago they started to come in the day too, which they never used to
do. I thought mine were safe if I made sure they were shut up at dusk, but
I lost almost all my breeding stock during the day.
I blame it on stupid TV programmes encouraging people who feed foxes, so
they are not afraid of people.
Foxes should be afraid of people and go around during the night, like they
used to, instead of being habituised (is that a word) to humans.
We've already seen a fox (allegedly) go into a house and bite two baby twins
so they had to be hospitalised.
DO NOT FEED FOXES. EVER., anyone who reads this.
They should be scared of humans.