Potato Chips as presented by an article from Smithsonian Magazine

Old May 18th 12, 09:50 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

Default OOOPS! Wrong NG!

"Nadia N." wrote in message
Christina Websell wrote:
"Judith Latham" wrote in message

Sootie did try a cheese flavoured Dorito and enjoyed
it but wasn't interested after that, which tends to be how she is with
human food.

Boyfie once patted my face when I was eating cheese flavoured Doritos so
I gave him one and he loved it.

Kotyo adores all potato chips and tortilla chips. Unfortunately for him,
they are too salty, and we discovered a few years ago that they are one of
the triggers for his cystitis flare ups. So no more tasty chips for the
little monster.

Sweety, on the other hand, does not consider chips to be real food.

I was surprised that he wanted one so I gave him one to see how much he
would like it. Too much, so as I know it is bad for him, he doesn't get one
again. They are bad for me too!
It's important for me to keep him at the correct weight for his size as no
way would I be able to give him injections if he got fat and became
diabetic. He simply could not tolerate that as he hates to be picked up.
It will not happen, anyway.
He used to moan all the time about how hungry he was, despite that I knew he
had enough, and I took him to the vet to see if there was anything wrong.
No. He had lots of tests and the conclusion was he was just a greedy boy.
That has stopped now, his hungriness (it that a word?) is silly.

He has realised now that he is not hungry, and that what he has here is the
best he can get.
Own bedroom and duvet.
I doubt he will ship out. But who knows, cats go where they get the best
deal.

Old May 20th 12, 01:45 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

"Christina Websell" wrote in message

"Nadia N." wrote in message
Christina Websell wrote:
"Judith Latham" wrote in message

Sootie did try a cheese flavoured Dorito and enjoyed
it but wasn't interested after that, which tends to be how she is with
human food.

Boyfie once patted my face when I was eating cheese flavoured Doritos so
I gave him one and he loved it.

(pardon the snippage)

Own bedroom and duvet.
I doubt he will ship out. But who knows, cats go where they get the best
deal.

I had to laugh at that last sentence. Persia certainly found the "best
deal" when she showed up at my door. She's been pampered ever since. I do
watch out for her health, she gets regular vet care and the types of food
she needs. She's slept on my bed with me from the first night she showed
up. I thought that was strange. She didn't even know me! I love this cat.
And she loves me. I'd say Persia and I both got the "best deal"

Jill

Old May 22nd 12, 03:13 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MatSav[_2_]

"Christina Websell" wrote in
message ...

... [Boyfie's] hungriness (it that a word?) ...

Yes. It's the noun form of the adjective 'hungry' - more often
seen as 'hunger'.

Compare with "thirstiness" - a little more common, perhaps - but
also usually seen in a short form, 'thirst'.

--
MatSav

(OT) Just for Fun - old Elvis Photos on display at the Smithsonian jmcquown[_2_] Cat anecdotes 0 September 24th 10 12:34 PM
Sweet Potato Yowie Cat anecdotes 12 April 6th 10 05:38 PM
Boyfie the couch potato Christina Websell Cat anecdotes 12 November 3rd 09 04:57 AM
Check out the Smithsonian Store for all kinds of Cat Stuff! jmcquown Cat anecdotes 2 July 22nd 07 05:16 PM
Kenzie and the potato chips Gandalf Cat anecdotes 20 July 10th 04 12:05 PM