laser pointer batteries

Old December 23rd 04, 03:32 PM
ken

Default laser pointer batteries

How long do most of you get out of the LR44 batteries on the laser
toys?

Mine are givng out after only 10 days.

Are there other laser pointer toys that use cheaper AA or AAA
batteries?

Old December 23rd 04, 03:57 PM
Gary

"ken" wrote in message
ps.com...
How long do most of you get out of the LR44 batteries on the laser
toys?

Mine are givng out after only 10 days.

Lasers are extremely power hungry, some batterries have lasted me only a few
hours! I think a pack of rechargeables and charger would be the cheapest
option in the long run...

Do your cats enjoy the toy?

Gary.

Old December 23rd 04, 04:14 PM
ken

yes the cats enjoy it very much - every evening just before I go to
bed, they sit under the place where i keep the pointer & wait for abut
5-10 minutes of wild chasing the red dot - up the stairs, around the
house and even up the doors and walls.

Ken

Old December 23rd 04, 04:27 PM
Gary

Yeah, I have had similar experiences. Cool toy

Old December 23rd 04, 05:21 PM
Angela St.Aubin

"ken" wrote in message
ps.com...
How long do most of you get out of the LR44 batteries on the laser
toys?

Mine are givng out after only 10 days.

Are there other laser pointer toys that use cheaper AA or AAA
batteries?

I dont replace the batteries, as they cost about 4 dollars, and the laser
pointers, complete with batteries cost 2.50 at a dollar store. i just buy
lots of the whole package.

Old December 23rd 04, 06:49 PM
Mary

"ken" wrote in message
ps.com...
How long do most of you get out of the LR44 batteries on the laser
toys?

Mine are givng out after only 10 days.

Are there other laser pointer toys that use cheaper AA or AAA
batteries?

Mine last for months, but we only play a little while every night.

Old December 23rd 04, 06:51 PM
ie

hmm...we have two kinds, one green plastic thing that looks like a bug and
it uses AA or AAA but we keep dropping it and the scotch tape repairs are
not keeping up..

The other looks like a silver bullet on a key chain (Petco) that uses two
button cells AG13. We don't use it as much but the batteries have lasted a
year. Since the other one died we'll be using it more often and getting new
batteries today...will let you know if they perform well....

--
ie
"ride fast, take chances"

"Angela St.Aubin" wrote in message
. ..

ps.com...

Old December 23rd 04, 06:55 PM
Mary

"Angela St.Aubin" wrote in message
. ..

"ken" wrote in message
ps.com...
How long do most of you get out of the LR44 batteries on the laser
toys?

Mine are givng out after only 10 days.

Are there other laser pointer toys that use cheaper AA or AAA
batteries?

I dont replace the batteries, as they cost about 4 dollars, and the laser
pointers, complete with batteries cost 2.50 at a dollar store. i just buy
lots of the whole package.

Now that is smart!

Old December 23rd 04, 07:03 PM
Mary

"ie" wrote in message
hmm...we have two kinds, one green plastic thing that looks like a bug and
it uses AA or AAA but we keep dropping it and the scotch tape repairs are
not keeping up..

The other looks like a silver bullet on a key chain (Petco) that uses two
button cells AG13. We don't use it as much but the batteries have lasted

year. Since the other one died we'll be using it more often and getting

new
batteries today...will let you know if they perform well....

--

These button cells are the kind I use that last for months. I have the
same kind of keychain pointer.

Old December 23rd 04, 07:39 PM
mlbriggs

On Thu, 23 Dec 2004 06:32:33 -0800, ken wrote:

How long do most of you get out of the LR44 batteries on the laser
toys?

Mine are givng out after only 10 days.

Are there other laser pointer toys that use cheaper AA or AAA
batteries?

I gave up using the laser because of it's tremendous appetite for
batteries. MLB