... and poor Caliban

Old December 16th 05, 05:05 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default ... and poor Caliban

"Marina" wrote in message
Wayne Mitchell wrote:

My two are sending along comforting purrs for the poor kitties
who won't understand why they have to be abused like that.

And my strongest sympathies for the poor meowmie who's tender
heart is going to take a beating until the ringworm is
conquered.

Thanks for all your purrs. I'm sure they helped Caliban forgive me so
quickly. Keep them coming, so Miranda does too. She's in the bathroom
now, wet and with the collar on. Poor baby. She doesn't look as pathetic
as Caliban did, since her fur is so thin. Caliban's legs and tail looked
quite ridiculously thin when they were wet. P

--

Isn't ringworm a nasty thing to deal with? I clear Pua up, I let her out of
isolation, I clean the room she was in as thoroughly as possible and Tryone

kili

Old December 16th 05, 05:35 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

kilikini wrote:

Isn't ringworm a nasty thing to deal with? I clear Pua up, I let her out of
isolation, I clean the room she was in as thoroughly as possible and Tryone
got spots on his head. I clear him up and now Chloe's got a spot on *her*
head. I'm still treating Chloe; it's been about 2 weeks now. Pua arrived
in August, so it's been 4 months of treating cats total. ACK! I SO know
what you're going through.

Aww, poor babies. Neither Caliban nor Miranda have any spots, and
neither do I, but the test showed that Caliban is still a carrier, so
the odds are, Miranda is too. So we'd better treat them for it now,
rather than wait for either of them to show any signs of an infection.

marina (dot) kurten (at) iki (dot) fi
Old December 16th 05, 06:12 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Marina" wrote in message
Exocat wrote:
But don't be too upset, kittens are resilient and you'll remember the
trauma much longer than they will.

Yes, Caliban forgave me as soon as i let him out of the bathroom.

PS How's Cal's acne? Claudius' is nearly gone, and the antiseptic
chin-scrub is down to once a week now.

It's almost gone, though I must admit I didn't do anything about it.
Except maybe be a little more vigilant about clean bowls.

Sometimes thats all it takes. We have two food dishes for the cats. And we
run the dishwasher at least once every two days. I always make sure one cat
food dish is in and I change dishes when its done so they get a squeaky
clean dish every other day. I've learned that Jake drools when he eats so
the bowl gets nasty. (this is for dry food)

They drink from large disposable plastic cups to those get changed every few
days as well.

Jo

Old December 17th 05, 12:51 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Marina" wrote in message

Poor Caliban. He really looks pitiful, all wet and with the collar, and he
keeps meowing sadly. He's locked into the bathroom so Miranda doesn't lick
him dry. Poor baby. Same again tomorrow.

Awww - what a pathetic picture :-( He sounds like such an easygoing little
guy that I'll bet he'll forget all about it soon enough though!

Susan M
Otis and Chester