Ping! Gandalf

Old February 11th 12, 11:43 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Pi2nya AKA Sweetee

Default Ping! Gandalf

Hay Gandalf,

Heowz yur Muther doin?
Kummin uhlong wewll ei howp...
--
Pitô.ônya, catsurnt

Old February 12th 12, 12:43 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Gandalf[_4_]

On Sat, 11 Feb 2012 14:43:07 -0800, "Pi2nya AKA Sweetee"
wrote:

Hay Gandalf,

Heowz yur Muther doin?
Kummin uhlong wewll ei howp...

She is recovering, slowly.

She was discharged from the hospital after 5 days, feeling, in her words
'wretched.

She is staying in a rehabilitation center, while she builds up her
strength.

She lives alone in the large house I grew up in. There are 4 floors, and
3 fairly short flights of stairs.

She needs to be able to walk up and down those stairs, before she can
go home.

She is getting better,but it is slow. She is 89 years old, and the
anesthesia and surgery was very, very hard on her.

But, now she IS on the mend. I just don't know how long it will take.

I visit her every day. Of course.

Thank you all for your purrs and prayers. They are working.

-Gandalf and Lorelei
Old February 12th 12, 03:40 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Gramby

Progress will be slow but so long as it is progress that is what matters.
Purrs and prayers will continue for you and your Mother.

Old February 12th 12, 05:17 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Booker

Weze furry glad to heer dat she iz on da mend, effen iffin it iz slow.
Purrz frum ar house dat she feelz bedder soon.

Booker, CHappy an Snowflake

Old February 12th 12, 05:41 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Sylvia M[_3_]

Purrs for a good final recovery.
I hope her bedroom is on one of the lower floors.
P2nya & Antee Sylvia

Old February 12th 12, 06:23 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
The Two Sisters

On Sun, 12 Feb 2012 05:43:52 -0600, Gandalf wrote:

She is recovering, slowly.

Purrs and prayers from here!

--
Purrs,

Cybèle & Oriane

“I love cats because I take pleasure in my home; and little by little, the
cats become its visible soul.â€
Jean Cocteau, 1889-1963

2/12/2012 12:23:08 PM
Old February 13th 12, 02:48 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Mosey =^..^=[_12_]

Our house agrees with Gramby
Purrs and prayers will continue for you and your Mother. from our house too
Mom said it was nice to talk to you on the phone last night,
Mosey Meowy, PookyKat, Sqweex, n Pipps purring n Mommy Kyla is saying her
prayers for you and your Mother, who you love dearly.

"Gramby"

Old February 13th 12, 06:47 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Gandalf[_4_]

On Sun, 12 Feb 2012 08:41:32 -0800, "Sylvia M"
wrote:

Purrs for a good final recovery.
I hope her bedroom is on one of the lower floors.
P2nya & Antee Sylvia

.. .
wrote:

[...]

It is on the 2nd floor, but so far, she hasn't left her floor. And there
is an elevator.

I think I am going to have to take her to the doctor on Monday. She has
some problems that the 'nursing staff' just isn't taking care of. AT
ALL.

They basically try to ignore EVERYTHING that might mean some extra work
for them, even if it's only paperwork.

My Mother's room mate was taken to the hospital 2 days ago, and is
staying for a few days.

Her daughter came to get her things, and my Mother asked if she was
coming back.

The daughter said 'probably not'....but she also said 'ALL the rehab
centers are basically the same'. Which does not surprise me in the very
least.

I'm about ready to start demanding to see green cards.

The people there don't KNOW how to do ANYTHING. Something as simple as
changing a dressing on a wound.

My Mother had to TELL THEM WHAT TO DO, AND HOW TO DO IT.

And, they don't even remember, 2 days later. They just don't CARE.
Grrrr!

I am terrified she will pick up an infection, due to their sloppy (at
best....) practices.

But, she continues to improve. Today I asked her if she had enough to
read. She has read 3 books, and has 3 left. She reads the newspaper,
cover to cover, every day. She is walking more.

I just want her to get well enough to go home, ASAP.

Thank you ALL again, for all of your purrs

Gandalf and Lorelei
Old February 13th 12, 06:50 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Storrmmee

man if you get her bedroom downstairs and if there is at least a half bath
downstairs i would ask for home nursing and get her on her way, Lee
wrote:

Purrs for a good final recovery.
I hope her bedroom is on one of the lower floors.
P2nya & Antee Sylvia

. ..