cat stopped using litter trays...

Old January 11th 05, 04:07 PM
Gareth

Default cat stopped using litter trays...

Any ideas apprecitated on this guys.

Bought two identical sister kittens in Novermber. Both been very good using
litter trays as they are supposed to until last week.

Now one of them has started doing it everywhere but in the litter tray and
even on the bottom of the curtains. No change in litter and she even buries
the other kittens poo in one of the litter trays so she knows where they are
etc.

Just to let you know we have two litter trays neither of which have been
moved or cleaned with any chemicals.

Appreciate your help guys. At my wits end.

Gareth

Old January 11th 05, 06:22 PM
dragon

When kitties change their litterbox behavior suddenly it usually means
their bodies are struggling with something. Get your cat to a vet
right away.

dragon

Old January 11th 05, 07:56 PM
jmc

On Tue, 11 Jan 2005 16:22:45 +0000 (UTC), all of a sudden, ceb
exclaimed:

"Gareth" wrote in
:

Any ideas apprecitated on this guys.

Bought two identical sister kittens in Novermber. Both been very good
using litter trays as they are supposed to until last week.

Now one of them has started doing it everywhere but in the litter tray
and even on the bottom of the curtains. No change in litter and she
even buries the other kittens poo in one of the litter trays so she
knows where they are etc.

Just to let you know we have two litter trays neither of which have
been moved or cleaned with any chemicals.

Appreciate your help guys. At my wits end.

Gareth

She could have a urinary tract infection. She needs to go to the vet. Let
us know what happens -- if there's nothing medically wrong, we can go
from there.

--Catherine
& Rosalie the calico

Ditto. If nothing has changed in their environment, it's best to
eliminate a health issue before deciding on how to best approach the
problem.

jmc
usenet [at] jodi [dit] ws
Any day you learn something isn't a total waste.
Old January 11th 05, 08:00 PM
Gareth

Yeah thanks. Sisters a vet nurse and she couldnt pinpoint anything but gonna
take them to the vets nxt appointment available.

Thanks,

Gareth