Kitten stopped burying stools?

Old November 16th 05, 10:10 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav,alt.pets.cats

Default Kitten stopped burying stools?

My eleven week old kitten stopped burying her stools two days ago. There
is nothing notable in them and I haven't a clue why. She just digs a hole,
has her movement, and then moves on. She still covers her urine.

Any ideas? She was doing fine from the day I got her at six weeks.

No change in food, no change in litter, box, etc. Whacky, 'eh? -Ali
Old November 16th 05, 11:00 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav,alt.pets.cats

Ali-Reza Anghaie wrote:
My eleven week old kitten stopped burying her stools two days ago. There
is nothing notable in them and I haven't a clue why. She just digs a hole,
has her movement, and then moves on. She still covers her urine.

Any ideas? She was doing fine from the day I got her at six weeks.

No change in food, no change in litter, box, etc. Whacky, 'eh? -Ali

My cats stopped doing that too. And I know the reason why....I made
the mistake of getting a litter maid.

Now three litter boxes later I have no clue how to get them to
start burying the stuff again.

Old November 16th 05, 11:07 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav,alt.pets.cats

Some cats do not bury their feces or urine. You can try putting her in the
box, showing her the stool, and gently using her paws to cover it. I have
had cats who bury their stool and not their urine. Also, I have had cats
that did not bury any of their waste.
Gail

Old November 16th 05, 11:14 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

Tiger usually buries his stools but every once in a while he doesn't.
????

---MIKE---
In the White Mountains of New Hampshire
(44° 15' N - Elevation 1580')

Old November 17th 05, 12:43 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav,alt.pets.cats

In article ,
"Gail" wrote:

Some cats do not bury their feces or urine. You can try putting her in the
box, showing her the stool, and gently using her paws to cover it. I have
had cats who bury their stool and not their urine. Also, I have had cats
that did not bury any of their waste.
Gail
"Ali-Reza Anghaie" wrote in message
My eleven week old kitten stopped burying her stools two days ago. There
is nothing notable in them and I haven't a clue why. She just digs a hole,
has her movement, and then moves on. She still covers her urine.

Any ideas? She was doing fine from the day I got her at six weeks.

No change in food, no change in litter, box, etc. Whacky, 'eh? -Ali

Does it matter? I scoop the box every morning, and don't really care
whether it's buried or not.
--
Diana
http://personal.bellsouth.net/d/r/drdrive/hereiam.html
Old November 17th 05, 02:32 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav,alt.pets.cats

"Diana" wrote in message
In article ,
"Gail" wrote:

[...]

I don't think it matters. Now and then Matilda will leave a stool uncovered
and it doesn't matter to me. I remove the contents of the box daily but when
something is left uncovered, well, it just gets removed sooner than later.
:c)

Judy

Old November 17th 05, 02:50 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav,alt.pets.cats

On Wed, 16 Nov 2005 21:32:00 -0500, Judy wrote:

"Diana" wrote in message
In article , "Gail"
wrote:

[...]

Perhaps that is what she has in mind. MLB

Old November 17th 05, 02:54 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav,alt.pets.cats

Ali-Reza Anghaie wrote:
My eleven week old kitten stopped burying her stools two days ago. There
is nothing notable in them and I haven't a clue why. She just digs a hole,
has her movement, and then moves on. She still covers her urine.

Any ideas? She was doing fine from the day I got her at six weeks.

No change in food, no change in litter, box, etc. Whacky, 'eh? -Ali

this may have been said already..but maybe she doesn't like the litter
dust?
it might get in her nose you know...this may be what she is avoiding.

John Doe (the dude with lace on his drawers)...claims you can...
dump the litter from pail to pail outside and remove the dust.

Old November 17th 05, 04:18 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav,alt.pets.cats

"mlbriggs" wrote in message
news
On Wed, 16 Nov 2005 21:32:00 -0500, Judy wrote:

"Diana" wrote in message
In article , "Gail"
wrote:

[...]

Could very well be. :c)

Judy

Old November 17th 05, 05:25 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav,alt.pets.cats

Suddenly, without warning, mlbriggs exclaimed (17-Nov-05 2:50 AM):

"Diana" wrote in message

Does it matter? I scoop the box every morning, and don't really care
whether it's buried or not.
--
Diana

I don't think it matters. Now and then Matilda will leave a stool
uncovered and it doesn't matter to me. I remove the contents of the box
daily but when something is left uncovered, well, it just gets removed
sooner than later.
:c)

Judy

Perhaps that is what she has in mind. MLB

I'm pretty sure that's what Meep has in mind. In general, she buries if
she uses the box when we're not home, and doesn't bury when we are.

I was just noticing this myself a week or so ago.

Smart cat

jmc

Kitten severed nipple in half! won't deficate. Tony Cat rescue 16 November 12th 04 09:48 PM
Feral kitten and litter box Priscilla Ballou Cat rescue 56 September 8th 04 04:06 AM
Feral kitten and litter box Priscilla Ballou Cat health & behaviour 90 September 1st 04 12:34 AM
Guest Cat & Kitten LOL Cat anecdotes 30 August 10th 04 02:08 PM
Crying kitty/introducing new kitten to cat Fred Cat health & behaviour 6 July 16th 03 08:11 AM