My Meowmie took me to TED!

Old March 25th 06, 01:21 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default My Meowmie took me to TED!

I knew it was bad news when she brought out TWO carriers. Unka Pan has
to go to da TED more often than me and Mama, so at first, I didn't know
which of us was supposed to get in. I managed to get away from Meowmie
after her first attempt to stuff me into one carrier and I hid under
the quilt on da bed. But Meowmie found me--don't know how! I thought I
was invisible.

(Maybe because suddenly, there was a little Nina-shaped hill in the
middle of the bed.M.H.)

But after a nasty car ride--I howled on the way there--da big vet took
me OUT of the carrier and put me on this cold metal platform that sank
under me--I was scared! Then he felt me all over in VERY rude ways,
looked at my teef, eyes an' ears, stuck something sharp into me, an'
lissened to my heart. After that, he told Meowmie "She looks grate!"
and gave me a big kiss on the NOSE! I mean REALLY! I hardly even KNOW
him! And I don't see why he couldn't have told that I looked grate
without doing all those rude things to me! Don't I have nice stripes,
a banded tail, golden eyes and snow white paws already???
Hoomins---HONESTLY!!!

Nina

Old March 25th 06, 03:45 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Shiral wrote:
[...]

Hey, at least you gots da kiss onna noze and dat rude man didn't stick you
wif da NEE-DELS an stick stuff up yur butt an he dint make you stay dere
ofurnite so dats a good fing! Mommy makes me stay at da smelly playce when
she goes outta towen and efen if dey are nice to me dere it's not da sayme
as being at home wif mommy.

My mommy tells me dey wanna do da "dental" on me. I doan lak da sound of
dis. It means dey will put me to sleep (! eeek!) and den wash my teef and
maybe take out somma my teef. Oh no! I likes my teef! I needs my teef! I
uses my teef to eat wif! An sometimes I use my teef to nip Momma on da
ehlbow or da hand after giving her kitty kisses wif my tung just so she
knows how much I luvs her. Dey will not take my teef.

Persia

Old March 25th 06, 04:01 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

But do you have bad teeth?

I heard Meowmie saying that when a cat gets bad teeth, the teeth need
to come out. Otherwise if they stay in they'll make you feel worse and
you could get REAL sick.

Meowmie checks our teeth a lot. I think Mayhem needs to have a dental,
but it's very expensive, so I don't know whem Meowmie is gonna do it.

But don't worry, you'll still have teeth to nip your momma

Mischief

Hoomin note: I've been trying to save up for Mayhem to get a dental.
she doesn't have tartar, just some gingivitis, but i want to get it
cleaned.

Unfortunatley now, with no job i can't afford it. So it'll have to
wait

Hope Persia gets her dental soon.

Kristi

Old March 25th 06, 04:25 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Mischief wrote:
But do you have bad teeth?

I heard Meowmie saying that when a cat gets bad teeth, the teeth need
to come out. Otherwise if they stay in they'll make you feel worse
and you could get REAL sick.

Meowmie checks our teeth a lot. I think Mayhem needs to have a
dental, but it's very expensive, so I don't know whem Meowmie is
gonna do it.

But don't worry, you'll still have teeth to nip your momma

Mischief

Hoomin note: I've been trying to save up for Mayhem to get a dental.
she doesn't have tartar, just some gingivitis, but i want to get it
cleaned.

Unfortunatley now, with no job i can't afford it. So it'll have to
wait

Hope Persia gets her dental soon.

Kristi

I doan know if I has da bad teef. Dat guy just sayed I shuld get da dental
fing. Mommy asked an wuz told it wuld be about $200 if dey hadda pull some
teef but only $100 if dey just kleen dem. Mommy doan have $200. (sigh)

Persia

Old March 25th 06, 05:29 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Shiral wrote:
[...]

What a rood ted! Last time Meowmie tried to put me in the carrier, I
fought and fought and fouhgt so hard, but she always held on to me
though I tried to get away. Then she took me to ted and she just brushed
me with htis little brush, but I still hissed at her. No ted is taking
liberties wif me!

Yours sympathetically,
Caliban

marina (dot) kurten (at) iki (dot) fi
Old March 25th 06, 07:07 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"jmcquown" wrote in message

Hey, at least you gots da kiss onna noze and dat rude man didn't stick you
wif da NEE-DELS an stick stuff up yur butt an he dint make you stay dere
ofurnite so dats a good fing! Mommy makes me stay at da smelly playce
when
she goes outta towen and efen if dey are nice to me dere it's not da sayme
as being at home wif mommy.

I know what you mean. I stayed at TED recently for 2 week when Meowmie went
to see
Grandmeow. I tried to break out of jail and ended up with a bald spot and
scab on my nose.

My mommy tells me dey wanna do da "dental" on me. I doan lak da sound of
dis. It means dey will put me to sleep (! eeek!) and den wash my teef and
maybe take out somma my teef. Oh no! I likes my teef! I needs my teef!
uses my teef to eat wif! An sometimes I use my teef to nip Momma on da
ehlbow or da hand after giving her kitty kisses wif my tung just so she
knows how much I luvs her. Dey will not take my teef.

Purrs to you that you don't have to get your teeth cleaned or taken out.
TED hasn't said anything about my teeth so far. Maybe all the teeth brushing
I have to put up with over the years really help. Meowmie told me TED took
out
a couple of teeth from the dog living next door.

Rusty

Persia

Old March 26th 06, 04:21 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Mischief" wrote:

I heard Meowmie saying that when a cat gets bad teeth, the teeth need
to come out. Otherwise if they stay in they'll make you feel worse and
you could get REAL sick.

Mischief is right, Persia -- what her meowmie said. I've had
bad teeth sometimes, and it makes me sick. Then I have to have
something called anty bioticks (which don't taste like ants).
And sometimes the anty bioticks make me even sicker. And I
don't get all better until the bad teeth are gone.

So I hope you don't have bad teeth -- but if you do it will be
better if they come out. You won't miss them too bad -- at
least, I don't.

Good luck and good teeth.

Will

Old March 26th 06, 04:30 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

But if you need to have the teeth pulled, it would be better to get
them pulled. If they stay in there it will make you realy sick.

Hoomin/Tech note: I hate to say it, but a dental cleaning is a great
idea and if a tooth needs to be pulled it should be. A tooth that
needs to be pulled is normally diseased in some way and if it remains
in the mouth will only cause more problems in the long run. The
infection could spread to other teeth, deep into the bone, even up into
the sinus cavity.

but i know the feeling, i just scheduled Mayhem for a dental on Monday(
that hopefully will happen) and even with my employee discount it's
$140.

Old March 26th 06, 04:34 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

At least your Meowmie doesn't WORK for TED!!!

I always thought it was funny when Meowmie came home smelling like
other cats and even D*GS!!!! But i could hardly believe it when she
stuffed Imp and me into a box and took us to TED, and put us in
CAGES!!!

And then we had to watch. WATCH, mind you as she manhandled, molested
and even took BLOOD from other animals. It was HORRIBLE!!!

Every now and then she captures us and LEAVES us there and we have to
watch hoomins torture the poor sick animals. Imp did tel me once of a
cat that lived in the cage next to us who was really really sick, but
claimed that the hoomins made him feel better. i say it's a LIE!!!

Purrs that you never have to go back there and if your hoomin tries,
FIGHT!!! FIGHT TO THE DEATH!!!

Mischief

Old March 26th 06, 09:58 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Mischief wrote:
But do you have bad teeth?

I heard Meowmie saying that when a cat gets bad teeth, the teeth need
to come out. Otherwise if they stay in they'll make you feel worse
and you could get REAL sick.

Meowmie checks our teeth a lot. I think Mayhem needs to have a
dental, but it's very expensive, so I don't know whem Meowmie is
gonna do it.

But don't worry, you'll still have teeth to nip your momma

Mischief

Hoomin note: I've been trying to save up for Mayhem to get a dental.
she doesn't have tartar, just some gingivitis, but i want to get it
cleaned.

Unfortunatley now, with no job i can't afford it. So it'll have to
wait

Hope Persia gets her dental soon.

Kristi

Mommy doan haf da job. She hasn't had da job fur two years. I lak dat she
can stay home wif me but she needs ta wurk so she can keep feeding me. Dat
free fud woan last furevfur. Dat stinky playce does let momma pay a bit at
a tyme. She sayz dat iz cuz dey fink I'm pretty and dey lykes to pet my
soft fur.

Persia