A new road trip

Old July 20th 08, 05:58 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Harri Roadcat

Default A new road trip

[Out in a remote corner of western Utah a small section of air starts to
shimmer and glow. Cats start to emerge from the glow, some walking, some
riding motorcycles, some driving cars, some in aircraft. A lovely aqua
T-Bird emerges from the teleporter, a beautiful Persian kitty at the
wheel. The kitties begin to congregate, laughing and meowing and joking
with each other. They are emerging onto a large, barren dry lake bed.

A few kitties notice a table set up nearby. On the table are a
chronograph and a few computers. The chronograph is counting hundredths
of seconds.

Far off down the lake bed a dark speck can be seen moving towards the
assembled kitties. It grows rapidly closer. As it draws within a few
hundred yards the assembled kitties see that the speck is a silvery
motorcycle, moving very fast. The motorcycle roars past the assembled
kitties, crossing an infrabed beam that stops the chronograph. The
motorcycle then slows, taking almost a mile to come to a stop, then
slowly heads back towards the assembled kitties. As the cycle draws near
they see that it is being driven by a small orange tabby. As she stops
by the table and takes off her helmet, they see that it's Harri Roadcat.]

Meow, efurrykitty! And welcome to the Bonneville Salt Flats. I like to
come out here when I wants to ride furry, furry fast. And I beated
mineown personal best dis time - woohoo!

Anyway, da reason I infited all of you here is so dat we could do
anudder road trip. I was finking we could let any kitties who felt like
some speed tests to do some runs here, den we could leave on da trip.
We'z gots lots of kittycycles - doze motorcycles dat haf stabilizers so
dat dey can't fall over, and can run on autopilot, and will brake
demselves if a kitty is about to haf an accident. An we gots lots of
convertible cars, bof auto-drive and manual drive. An we gots
caticopters, and ultralight airplanes, and I believe some of you has
dune buggies an wez gots some spare dune buggies.

Once da kitties dat want to do some fastfast drifing are done, we could
head east from here. Dere's some sights to see along da freeway, den we
can head south to Zion National Park, an see Byrce Canyum, an Kodachrome
Canyum, den cross into Arifurzona. In Arifurzona we can then see Canyum
de Chelley, den head west to see da Grand Canyum. On da approach to da
Grand Canyum we can fly along da Colorado River, and can do a picnic
dere if we wants to.

For any kitties who are innerested, da old trip from long, long ago in
ancient history can be found in da links below. Dat looks like it was a
inneresting trip. Cleocatra, dat was so long ago, was it hard to steer
da bigbig RV around da dinosaurs that must haf been crossin da freeways?
What? WHy ar eyou hissing at me? I was just asking!

I'm sorry, but dey is prolly not in order; after all, dey was researched
by mineown Paw, and you know how doze hoomins is when it comes to stuff
like dat.
http://tinyurl.com/59oxko
http://tinyurl.com/5l73ht
http://tinyurl.com/59538k
http://tinyurl.com/5zogg3
http://tinyurl.com/5cltmp
http://tinyurl.com/68bc3a
http://tinyurl.com/5lb6v8
http://tinyurl.com/666dns
http://tinyurl.com/6q2uhy
http://tinyurl.com/5ve6ec
http://tinyurl.com/5kwhdr
http://tinyurl.com/5egmwh

An if you wants to read about TV and Cleo's bewinking in da Grand
Canyum, dat can be found at http://tinyurl.com/6xndhf

I know dere is more parts, but dat is da bestest I could put togeffer
wifout spending too much time on it. I'z impatient to get da trip
started!

Now, efurrykitty, over dere [she points with a tiny but dusty orange
paw] is Cleocatra's big semitruck. In da back is a bunch of special
motorcycles, wif da special kitty comfort and and safety additions, and
a bunch of convertible cars. An parked over dere is a whole bunch of
caticopters, and some ultralight airplanes, an a few dune buggies over
behind da ultralights. Efurryone take a look at all da behicles, and
take dem fur test rides or flights, and figger out what you want to
drife fur da road trip.

OT, I'z gots us a special ultralight wif a liddle cabin in da back, wif
a lidderboks an fud and wadder an a autopilot and nap cushions. It's da
orange one wif tabby stripes.

Harri
Old July 20th 08, 08:19 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Granby

Oh dat iz wunderfulz Harri. O T beams at her with such pride that she can
orgnize all of this. He thinks to himself, She sure iz one spezial girlcat.

Old July 20th 08, 08:27 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
John Ross Mc Master

will fluffykits be there to cater fudz?
beauty

Old July 20th 08, 08:29 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Harri Roadcat

In article ,
"Granby" wrote:

Oh dat iz wunderfulz Harri. O T beams at her with such pride that she can
orgnize all of this. He thinks to himself, She sure iz one spezial girlcat.

So, OT, wanna take a spin on mine race bike? Dis last run I getted it up
to 300 miles a hour! Or would you rather try in da ultralight?

Harri
Old July 20th 08, 08:36 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Amelia T Cat

In article ,
John Ross Mc Master wrote:

will fluffykits be there to cater fudz?
beauty

Would I miss a chance to eat - err, cater yummy foods to the Community?
I think Tabitha and Rebecca are busy packing up goodies with help from
Sammy and Ranger right now and will be here any time now.

Amelia
Old July 20th 08, 10:36 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Mosey =^. .^=`[_2_] Mosey =^. .^=`[_2_] is offline
Banned

"Harri Roadcat"
In article
"Granby"
Oh dat iz wunderfulz Harri. O T beams at her with such pride that she
can
orgnize all of this. He thinks to himself, She sure iz one spezial
girlcat.

So, OT, wanna take a spin on mine race bike? Dis last run I getted it up
to 300 miles a hour! Or would you rather try in da ultralight?

Harri

I wud wike tew go wif yew tew onna trip. Soundz gudgud tew mee.
Wunner if Tabitha will wanna go tew?
Wuv
Mosey

Old July 20th 08, 11:00 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Tabitha Fluffytail

I wud wike tew go wif yew tew onna trip. Soundz gudgud tew mee.
Wunner if Tabitha will wanna go tew?
Wuv
Mosey

Absolutely! We could ride in a car, or in da RV, or in da special
catering caticopter. It's like a big helicopter, but specially made for
kitties to control. An dis one has dining tables inside, an
refrigelators and stoves an stuff. An it's got extra tables dat we can
set up outside when we land, and tents, and stuffz like dat.

I would love to go on da trip wif you!

Tabitha

Old July 20th 08, 11:04 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Mosey =^. .^=`[_2_] Mosey =^. .^=`[_2_] is offline
Banned

"Tabitha Fluffytail" ...
I wud wike tew go wif yew tew onna trip. Soundz gudgud tew mee.
Wunner if Tabitha will wanna go tew?
Wuv
Mosey

Absolutely! We could ride in a car, or in da RV, or in da special
catering caticopter. It's like a big helicopter, but specially made for
kitties to control. An dis one has dining tables inside, an
refrigelators and stoves an stuff. An it's got extra tables dat we can
set up outside when we land, and tents, and stuffz like dat.

I would love to go on da trip wif you!

Tabitha

Ohhh gud gud, I wuz hopin yew wud go wif mee. Sounds wike funfun
I will bwing sum nise nip fur da trip.
nosepoink
Mosey
--goin offline gnow

Old July 21st 08, 12:04 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Harri Roadcat

In article ,
"Granby" wrote:

O T grabs his helment and jumps on the bike behind Harri. I iz readi when u
iz.

Cool! Hang on...

[Harri starts the bike and drives fairly slowly back to the starting
line. She revs the bike's engine and yells to OT "Are you ready?". As
soon as OT nods his readiness Harri releases the clutch and the bike
leaps forward. Harri and OT both lean far forward, Harri holding the
throttle wide open. A few seconds after leaving the starting line, the
bike roars across the finish line and Harri eases off the throttle. She
rides back to the finish line and shuts down.]

Wahoo! Wasn't that fun?

[As the two of them climb off the bike, the sound of other engines can
be heard. Other kitty motorcycles can be seen running the lake bed,
caticopters have their rotors twirling, and ultralight planes are
wobbling into the air.

A huge yellow Chinook helicopter, "Fluffy Kitz Catering" lettered on the
side, settles to the surface and the scream of the turbine engines winds
down. In the cockpit a tiny fluffy black kitty can be seen taking off a
headset. A side door slides open, and Sammy and Ranger push out a couple
of buffet tables loaded with food.]

Ooh, food!

Harri