Weak minded neighbors "organize phone tree"

Old June 21st 06, 05:12 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.rescue

Default Weak minded neighbors "organize phone tree"

A phone tree was unnecessary. What was needed was giving Lewis a 50/50
chance (i.e., full choke or modified).

Judge Orders House Arrest for Lewis, the Attack Cat

Article Tools Sponsored By
By AVI SALZMAN
Published: June 20, 2006

Fears of a death sentence for Lewis, the black and white cat from
Fairfield, Conn., whose attacks on people nearly sent his owner to
jail, proved to be unfounded today, as a judge imposed the feline form
of house arrest.

Lewis's owner, Ruth Cisero, was ordered by Judge Patrick Carroll of
Bridgeport Superior Court to keep her cat confined - either in her
townhouse or in a cage - for two years and to perform 50 hours of
community service. If Ms. Cisero complies with the conditions of her
probation, the charge of reckless endangerment for failing to control
her cat will be cleared from her record.

Lewis will also keep his claws; the judge refused a victim's request to
have them removed.

Ms. Cisero found herself in court for the fifth time on cat-related
matters because an animal control officer issued a summons after the
cat, which had already been under a restraining order from a previous
attack, escaped from the house and attacked a neighbor.

Judge Carroll placed the blame squarely on Ms. Cisero, not the six-toed
cat that wandered into her house on a rainy night five years ago.

"Clearly this is not a case about a cat," he said. "It's a case about
the rights of innocent people to feel safe in their neighborhood."

He added, "It's not up to unsuspecting victims to protect themselves
from that animal."

Lewis has been involved in six attacks, only three of which were
reported, said Charles Stango, the assistant state's attorney who
prosecuted the case. Among the victims was Donna Greenstein, an Avon
saleswoman from Fairfield who was dropping off a brochure for a
customer near Ms. Cisero's home in January 2004 when Lewis approached
her. The cat was purring, she said.

"It appeared friendly," she said. "Then it leaped on my leg."

Ms. Greenstein said the cat bit and clawed her, leaving four holes in
her leg. She ended up suing Ms. Cisero, eventually settling the case
for an undisclosed sum.

Ms. Greenstein said today that she was glad Lewis had been spared
execution.

"I was fine as long as he stayed in the house," she said.

After an attack in December, a restraining order was issued, limiting
the number of hours Lewis could spend outside. In February, he slipped
out again when he was supposed to be locked inside and attacked another
neighbor.

Mr. Stango told the judge today that Ms. Cisero's neighbors had
organized a phone tree to alert one another when Lewis was out of the
house.

After the hearing, Ms. Cisero said she was relieved that her cat, which
has been featured in People magazine and has a page on MySpace.com, had
been spared and that she viewed her community service as a way to give
something back to the people who supported her during her recent legal
problems.

Old June 21st 06, 07:38 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.rescue

"Clearly this is not a case about a cat," he said. "It's a case about
the rights of innocent people to feel safe in their neighborhood."

If it's your neighborhood, you police it. That doesn't mean "taking
the law in your own hands"-until you effectively find out there is no
other. If a crack dealer buys a house to sell crack to kids, you call
the cops. You give law enforcement every opportunity. But if all else
fails, you get some empty bleach bottles and fill them with 100 octane
aviation gas and do what needs doing. Similarly, a vicious animal on
the loose first merits a call to Animal Control. Then, if repeated
efforts fail, you don't cower in your own house. You get ground beef
and glass shards, Prestone, a shotgun, a pistol, whatever it takes.

He added, "It's not up to unsuspecting victims to protect themselves
from that animal."

Lewis has been involved in six attacks, only three of which were
reported, said Charles Stango, the assistant state's attorney who
prosecuted the case. Among the victims was Donna Greenstein, an Avon
saleswoman from Fairfield who was dropping off a brochure for a
customer near Ms. Cisero's home in January 2004 when Lewis approached
her. The cat was purring, she said.

"It appeared friendly," she said. "Then it leaped on my leg."

Ms. Greenstein said the cat bit and clawed her, leaving four holes in
her leg. She ended up suing Ms. Cisero, eventually settling the case
for an undisclosed sum.

Ms. Greenstein said today that she was glad Lewis had been spared
execution.

"I was fine as long as he stayed in the house," she said.

A typically female response. Which is why successful societies are run
by men.

Old June 21st 06, 02:28 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.rescue

So say the abusive control freak
"Bret Ludwig"

Old June 21st 06, 08:11 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.rescue

Matthew wrote:
So say the abusive control freak

Yes, I am an abusive control freak. I WILL NOT tolerate being attacked
by animals with teeth and claws without provocation. I do not want
scars on my person, I do not want to have to get rabies shots and I
don't think others should have to either. It's the animal or me, and I
choose me.

God, I'm a rotten person.

Old June 21st 06, 08:12 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.rescue

"Bret Ludwig" wrote in message
oups.com...

Matthew wrote:
So say the abusive control freak

Yes, I am an abusive control freak.

At least you admit what we already know now seek some professional help

Old June 21st 06, 09:06 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.rescue

Matthew wrote:
So say the abusive control freak

Yes, I am an abusive control freak.

At least you admit what we already know now seek some professional help

Obviously professsional help is not going to help you. So go suck some
dicks and shut up.

Old June 21st 06, 09:22 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.rescue

Matthew wrote:
So say the abusive control freak

Yes, I am an abusive control freak.

At least you admit what we already know now seek some professional help

Obviously professsional help is not going to help you. So go suck some
dicks and shut up.

A typical response of a person that has severe emotional problems who is
also a repressed homosexual. You show so many signs of this Brett just
admit that to yourself

.. Come out of the closet Brett you will fell better about yourself

But on another note I thought it did not matter what I said. I must be
hitting to close to home on my replies hence the responses that you give.
You can't win Brett we have got your number and know exactly who and what
you are.

Old June 22nd 06, 12:42 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.rescue

On 21 Jun 2006 12:11:27 -0700, "Bret Ludwig"
wrote:

Matthew wrote:
So say the abusive control freak

Yes, I am an abusive control freak. I WILL NOT tolerate being attacked
by animals with teeth and claws without provocation.

"without provocation"?? Perhaps they might have read your past post??

I do not want
scars on my person, I do not want to have to get rabies shots and I
don't think others should have to either. It's the animal or me, and I

choose me.

God, I'm a rotten person.

Ray

I don't "Suffer" from Insanity..I rather enjoy it!

CATTS
http://members.tripod.com/~thewebster/catts.html

WHY SO BLUE,PANDA BEAR?
http://www.serindaswan.com