Remember my Wells Fargo problems. . .

Old May 4th 08, 01:19 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
tanadashoes

Default Remember my Wells Fargo problems. . .

I was told the other day that the FBI is investigating "Country Wide"
mortgage company along with Wells Fargo Mortgage company. And guess why
they're being checked out. Yup, they were claiming that people weren't
making their payments when they were, and were trying to foreclose on people
without working with them on the payments.

We live in a prime area for real estate, and Wells Fargo could probably sell
the house for about $10-20,000 more than we bought it for. Need I say more?
Anyway, they really hate me because not only am I refusing to make phone
payments, but I'm sending in cashier's checks and having the payments as
certified, receipt requested. So they changed my due date for payments from
the fifth of the month to the first. Buggers.

Pam S,

Old May 4th 08, 02:42 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Sherry

On May 3, 7:19*pm, "tanadashoes" wrote:
I was told the other day that the FBI is investigating "Country Wide"
mortgage company along with Wells Fargo Mortgage company. *And guess why
they're being checked out. *Yup, they were claiming that people weren't
making their payments when they were, and were trying to foreclose on people
without working with them on the payments.

We live in a prime area for real estate, and Wells Fargo could probably sell
the house for about $10-20,000 more than we bought it for. *Need I say more?
Anyway, they really hate me because not only am I refusing to make phone
payments, but I'm sending in cashier's checks and having the payments as
certified, receipt requested. *So they changed my due date for payments from
the fifth of the month to the first. *Buggers.

Pam S,

Grrr. Don't get me started on mortage/finance companies. It's legal
robbery.
I sent a check to "Citizens Finance" where the (wrecked) truck was
financed, for
the payoff + some overage that we depended on getting back in order to
buy the
tag for the new truck. (It was from the insurance co.).....I got a
nasty "Dear Deadbeat, your payment is late" letter two weeks later.
Called them, and they said
they had to "HOLD" the insurance check for one month "To be sure it
clears the bank." What???? In what universe does it take 30 days to
clear a check?
BUT GET THIS. Every single day, the balance accrues interest. Plus
they charged us an $18.50 late fee. ALL THE TIME, they have the payoff
in their hot little hands.
It's robbery, I tell ya.
(Reminds me of something a comedian once said about late fees, "They
charge
you more of what you don't have in first place."
I also sent the check certified, so I know *exactly* when they got
it.
It's a shame that Wells FArgo are such crooks you have to do that
every month. It's costly.
Sherry
Old May 4th 08, 02:45 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Magic Mood Jeep ©

tanadashoes wrote:
I was told the other day that the FBI is investigating "Country Wide"
mortgage company along with Wells Fargo Mortgage company. And guess why
they're being checked out. Yup, they were claiming that people weren't
making their payments when they were, and were trying to foreclose on people
without working with them on the payments.

We live in a prime area for real estate, and Wells Fargo could probably sell
the house for about $10-20,000 more than we bought it for. Need I say more?
Anyway, they really hate me because not only am I refusing to make phone
payments, but I'm sending in cashier's checks and having the payments as
certified, receipt requested. So they changed my due date for payments from
the fifth of the month to the first. Buggers.

Pam S,

Eeeeeeeeeeeep. Wells Fargo holds our mortgage. Not who originally
issued it, but who bought it from the original lender..... as if we had
any say in the matter.

Not had any trouble with them (yet, knock wood), but that may because we
make our payments electronically, usually 2-7 days BEFORE the due date
(1st of the month), as DH gets his pay the LAST FRIDAY of the month, so
as soon as we see the direct deposit is in (usually is there before 8am
on that payday, only once was it late, didn't show up until noon for
whatever reason), we pay all bills that we have received , and the rest
as we receive them.

her wipe out Bunny's world domination.
--
The ONE and ONLY
Old May 4th 08, 02:46 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Granby

I paid a lawyer $50.00 to write a place that pulled this on me. I had the
returned certified card signed an, the date the check actually cleared.
They gave me my money with out much argument after that. Even had to return
my "late fee".

Old May 4th 08, 04:38 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Mark Edwards

No cluons were harmed when tanadashoes wrote:
I was told the other day that the FBI is investigating "Country Wide"
mortgage company along with Wells Fargo Mortgage company.

Last year, I had a series of really good job interviews with Country Wide.
It was close to home. The salary offered was fantastic.

Now I know why my guardian angel didn't let me get that job.

Hugs and Purrs,
Mark
--
Proof of Sanity Forged Upon Request

Old May 4th 08, 05:12 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jo Firey

"tanadashoes" wrote in message
m...
I was told the other day that the FBI is investigating "Country Wide"
mortgage company along with Wells Fargo Mortgage company. And guess why
they're being checked out. Yup, they were claiming that people weren't
making their payments when they were, and were trying to foreclose on
people without working with them on the payments.

We live in a prime area for real estate, and Wells Fargo could probably
sell the house for about $10-20,000 more than we bought it for. Need I
say more? Anyway, they really hate me because not only am I refusing to
make phone payments, but I'm sending in cashier's checks and having the
payments as certified, receipt requested. So they changed my due date
for payments from the fifth of the month to the first. Buggers.

Pam S,

Who ever is in charge and responsible at Country Wide, should be drawn and
quartered. Barring that, I'd consider lethal injection. Life in prison is
just too good for them.

From what I've seen personally, they are almost solely responsible for the
entire mortgage/forclosure debacle. On a par or worse than the Enron
scandle.

They spent the past five years pushing equity loans on people. And made a
fortune doing it. Then walk away when everything comes crashing down.

I've always been a big believer in personal responsibility and paying ones
debts.

But their should still be a special hell for those that make loans when
they know perfectly well the borrower will be unable to keep up with the
payments. Particular where homes and businesses are concerned.

Jo

Old May 4th 08, 07:37 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley

On May 3, 6:46*pm, "Granby" wrote:
BUT GET THIS. Every single day, the balance accrues interest. Plus
they charged us an $18.50 late fee.

Try this one- many years ago when we had the poll tax over here we got
a little extra cash from somewhere and decided to be responsible for a
change (not something we make a habit of!) and pay the whole year at
once

A few months later Dave was mystified to be summoned to court for non-
payment so he popped along (our local magistrates court is a couple of
doors down from the flat if any of you have seen shots of Pete
Docherty leaving court in East London that's the one) and on checking
it turned out the summons should have been sent to another person with
a similar name.So Dave was satisfied....until he got a letter, which
basically said, debt collectors wanted a 64.00 administration fee and
for every day he didn't pay they would add 30.00 to the bill and if
he didn't pay they would send baliffs round which would cost 150 per
baliff (minimum of 3 maybe more) plus if they took stuff away that
would be 500.,00 for the van and 35.00 a day storage charge on top of
the 30,00 per day for not paying it so he had better sent the 64.00
fee now as interest was mounting up from the day they posted the
letter- second class so there was alreadt 90.00 on top and he would
need to add another 60.00 since it would take two days for them to get
the cheque and an extra 150.00 because the cheque would need time to
clear unless he called them there and then and used his credit card,
in which case they would happily settle for 154.00

Remember this is the ;late 80's when 154.00 was pretty reasonably
weekly wage

He called them and said rude words and they chased him for a month or
so including once sending baliff's to the door complete with van
because when he called them and said it wasn't him they should be
chasing their reply was "You would say that wouldn't you?"

Turned out the council forgot to tell therm he was the wrong
person....He had to go back to the court and get a letter for them by
which time the fee had snowballed into a few thousand pounds

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs
Old May 4th 08, 07:43 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lucys Mom[_2_]

I may be paying a lawyer soon, myself. Seems it's legal for anyone to
claim you owe them money and report you to the credit bureaus these
days. A week or two ago, I got a message about a "claim" for someone
with my maiden name on the home machine. I was good enough (read:
stupid) to call them back and try to tell the b$s*a#d that I spoke to
that he had the wrong person/phone. When he snapped "Well, who is this"
, I had had just about enough and snapped back "Who the hell wants to
know" and he hung up on me. So yesterday, a new "collections acount"
shows up on my credit report. And of course no one is answering phones
today, so I just have to stew until tomorrow.

Rant over.....
--Kim

Old May 4th 08, 07:50 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lucys Mom[_2_]

Jo Firey wrote:
[...]

From what I've seen personally, they are almost solely responsible for the
entire mortgage/forclosure debacle. On a par or worse than the Enron
scandle.

They spent the past five years pushing equity loans on people. And made a
fortune doing it. Then walk away when everything comes crashing down.

I've always been a big believer in personal responsibility and paying ones
debts.

But their should still be a special hell for those that make loans when
they know perfectly well the borrower will be unable to keep up with the
payments. Particular where homes and businesses are concerned.

Jo

Amen to that, Jo. We looked at Countrywide when we were shopping for
loans for our house/property. Talk about a bunch of slezoids! We knew
exactly what we wanted, namely fixed 30 yr with no escrow or PMI, and
they said no problem. But when we got the quote papers, it was for an
adjustable with escrow and PMI. But they tried to hide the details in
the paperwork, hoping no doubt that we wouldn't read carefully. But
we're both engineers, so we read carefully and sent it back with a
re-request for what we had originally requested. They tried again to
screw us and at that point, we said no way. They are really a piece of
work, there.

--Kim