Scouty the Brave

Old July 4th 06, 03:24 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Karen AKA Kajikit

Default Scouty the Brave

You know how chicken Scouty is - she runs away and hides under the bed
if anyone comes to the door and she doesn't recognise their voice...
and even if she DOES recognise them she hides in the craftroom just in
case she was wrong. Dan (our landlord) came over yesterday to collect
the rent and she was under the dresser. We had to go into the
craftroom to measure up the closet doors and she was curious enough to
jump up on the desk and sit in her box to watch us, half-hiding behind
the rack of skirts I had hanging up to dry. I turned around and
noticed her and told her she was very brave, and Dan turned around and
admired her and she didn't run away! So he went towards her and held
out his hand towards her. He didn't try to pet her this time, but she
sniffed his fingers with interest and I told her what a good brave
girl she was
Old July 4th 06, 05:39 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Karen

On 2006-07-04 09:24:24 -0500, Karen AKA Kajikit said:

You know how chicken Scouty is - she runs away and hides under the bed
if anyone comes to the door and she doesn't recognise their voice...
and even if she DOES recognise them she hides in the craftroom just in
case she was wrong. Dan (our landlord) came over yesterday to collect
the rent and she was under the dresser. We had to go into the
craftroom to measure up the closet doors and she was curious enough to
jump up on the desk and sit in her box to watch us, half-hiding behind
the rack of skirts I had hanging up to dry. I turned around and
noticed her and told her she was very brave, and Dan turned around and
admired her and she didn't run away! So he went towards her and held
out his hand towards her. He didn't try to pet her this time, but she
sniffed his fingers with interest and I told her what a good brave
girl she was

That really IS brave!

Old July 4th 06, 06:21 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Takayuki

Karen AKA Kajikit wrote:
You know how chicken Scouty is - she runs away and hides under the bed
if anyone comes to the door and she doesn't recognise their voice...
and even if she DOES recognise them she hides in the craftroom just in
case she was wrong. Dan (our landlord) came over yesterday to collect
the rent and she was under the dresser. We had to go into the
craftroom to measure up the closet doors and she was curious enough to
jump up on the desk and sit in her box to watch us, half-hiding behind
the rack of skirts I had hanging up to dry. I turned around and
noticed her and told her she was very brave, and Dan turned around and
admired her and she didn't run away! So he went towards her and held
out his hand towards her. He didn't try to pet her this time, but she
sniffed his fingers with interest and I told her what a good brave
girl she was

Did the other girls come out to see what was going on, or did Scouty
turn out to be the bravest this time?

Betty also would also generally hide from visitors, but if I carried
her over to them, she would give them lots of headbutts.

Old July 4th 06, 07:07 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Sue

Takayuki wrote:

Betty also would also generally hide from visitors, but if I carried
her over to them, she would give them lots of headbutts.

That is so odd, I always pictured Betty to be a flagrant petme type bless
her little heart. She looked the black tuxedo version of my gray tuxedo
version.

My long-ago RB Shadow-kitten was shy for about two minutes, checking out
folks from behind the couch cave. Then as soon as they sat down she would
be up on the couch, all fours in the air and doing the belly-whore thing.
Never did the bellytrap. She just loooooooooved attention on her terms.
Shameless really she was. She was proud of her stitches from her spay and
then really really proud she was of her stitches from her 600 US dollar
laparotomy when she decided to eat a couple of yards of string on a holiday
weekend. There was no end to her tummy flaunting!

Glad to see you so active on the group, Tak. It won't be long before Betty
sends you a new soul to take care of and you now you have to stay on top of
all the kittystuff! Can't do with you falling behind in the latest on
kittycaretaking
Old July 4th 06, 07:27 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Monique Y. Mudama

On 2006-07-04, Sue penned:

Glad to see you so active on the group, Tak. It won't be long
before Betty sends you a new soul to take care of and you now you
have to stay on top of all the kittystuff! Can't do with you falling
behind in the latest on kittycaretaking

I can't speak for Tak, and I'm sorry for singling you out, but what's
with everyone telling Tak he will get another kitty in the near
future?

Maybe he will, maybe he won't. Maybe he will feel good about getting
another pet in the near future; maybe he would rather wait. Maybe
Betty will send a sweet creature who needs the unabashed, adoring,
wonderful love that Tak has to give. Maybe, though, it will take a
while. Maybe it won't even happen.

Tak, I just want you to know that you don't have to feel pressured to
get another furkid, either to please Betty or to please us. You will
always be welcome in this group, and whether or not you currently have
a cat has nothing to do with it. And if you find that Betty has sent
you a dog, or a mouse, or an aquatic turtle to care for, you'll still
be welcome, even if you never have another feline companion. Even if
you choose none of those.

--
monique, who spoils Oscar unmercifully

Old July 4th 06, 07:35 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Sue

Monique Y. Mudama wrote:

I can't speak for Tak, and I'm sorry for singling you out, but what's
with everyone telling Tak he will get another kitty in the near
future?

Peace, Monique. I have just found that it is quite obvious Tak is a
wonderful special caregiver! And Betty being the obvious special owner she
was, only natural she will send another soul to Tak.

I am well aware from when I started reading the group how some members so
"gently" urged him to take a kitty! That is what made it so special.

Tak, no offense or pressure meant, please!

Sue
withdrawing again but bless you all that take care of the little souls that
so need it
Old July 4th 06, 07:35 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Karen AKA Kajikit" wrote in message
You know how chicken Scouty is - she runs away and hides under the bed
if anyone comes to the door and she doesn't recognise their voice...
and even if she DOES recognise them she hides in the craftroom just in
case she was wrong. Dan (our landlord) came over yesterday to collect
the rent and she was under the dresser. We had to go into the
craftroom to measure up the closet doors and she was curious enough to
jump up on the desk and sit in her box to watch us, half-hiding behind
the rack of skirts I had hanging up to dry. I turned around and
noticed her and told her she was very brave, and Dan turned around and
admired her and she didn't run away! So he went towards her and held
out his hand towards her. He didn't try to pet her this time, but she
sniffed his fingers with interest and I told her what a good brave
girl she was

Oh, she really was. Give her scritches from me for being such a brave girl,
Boyfriend is nowhere near this stage. If he hears the front door bell ring
he hurtles out the back door like a bullet from a gun. He might be fast
asleep, he might be eating but if that bell rings, he's outa here.

Tweed

Old July 4th 06, 07:45 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Monique Y. Mudama

On 2006-07-04, Sue penned:
Monique Y. Mudama wrote:

I can't speak for Tak, and I'm sorry for singling you out, but
what's with everyone telling Tak he will get another kitty in the
near future?

Peace, Monique. I have just found that it is quite obvious Tak is a
wonderful special caregiver! And Betty being the obvious special
owner she was, only natural she will send another soul to Tak.

I am well aware from when I started reading the group how some
members so "gently" urged him to take a kitty! That is what made it
so special.

Tak, no offense or pressure meant, please!

Sue withdrawing again but bless you all that take care of the little
souls that so need it

Sue, I'm so sorry, please don't -- it wasn't your post particularly I
meant to respond to. I just keep seeing all these posts telling him
he'll soon get another kitty, and I didn't want him to get tired of it
and leave. But I don't want you to leave, either!

Honestly I wasn't talking about the posts that urged him to get Betty
in the first place. I just meant that people need to grieve in their
own time.

I probably shouldn't have said anything. I'm sorry. I probably could
have said it differently if I were in a better state, and I should
have known not to post. Not to mention that it's about Tak, not me,
so if he has a problem with the posts, I'm sure he's perfectly capable
of saying something himself. So I really shouldn't have said
anything.

Please stick around.

--
monique, who spoils Oscar unmercifully

Old July 4th 06, 08:39 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Takayuki

Sue wrote:
Takayuki wrote:

Betty also would also generally hide from visitors, but if I carried
her over to them, she would give them lots of headbutts.

That is so odd, I always pictured Betty to be a flagrant petme type bless
her little heart. She looked the black tuxedo version of my gray tuxedo
version.

Even her tag at the shelter said that she was shy. But with me, she
was completely confident. "Trusting", maybe is the word. Loving. I
think that she was raised as a one hoomin cat in her previous home,
which is probably part of the reason she was given up - when her
previous owner couldn't take care of her anymore, she had no more
slaves. I think part of it also was that she was a socially "careful"
cat. She always wanted to be sure that she was doing the right,
approved thing.

My long-ago RB Shadow-kitten was shy for about two minutes, checking out
folks from behind the couch cave. Then as soon as they sat down she would
be up on the couch, all fours in the air and doing the belly-whore thing.
Never did the bellytrap. She just loooooooooved attention on her terms.
Shameless really she was. She was proud of her stitches from her spay and
then really really proud she was of her stitches from her 600 US dollar
laparotomy when she decided to eat a couple of yards of string on a holiday
weekend. There was no end to her tummy flaunting!

Shadow was a cutie!

Old July 4th 06, 08:43 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Takayuki

"Monique Y. Mudama" wrote:
[...]

Oh, I don't mind. I took it as a vote of confidence, but I've been
too confused and conflicted to properly think about it yet. Maybe it
is something that I should eventually talk through.