Breeze litter box system?

Old May 19th 08, 01:49 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
dgk

Default Breeze litter box system?

On Sun, 18 May 2008 17:41:39 -0400, zob zob@ cox.net wrote:

On 17 May 2008 09:29:00 GMT, outsider wrote:

dgk wrote in news:k41h2456qjhtjc77265o1e83r375ltun59@
4ax.com:

So I saw the Breeze at Target over the weekend and bought it. Today is
day #1 and I'll see if anyone used it when I get home tonight. It's
sitting next to the secondary litterbox in a spare room. If they like
it, I'll replace the main box.

If it gets rid of the dust and little bits of litter all over, then
it's a hit even if it costs a bit more than normal litter. But, with
three cats, and one being a big boy, I have my doubts.

I would like to hear how this works out for you. I like the (seeming)
simplicity of the breeze and the fact that the stuff I have to carry (the
litter) is not very heavy but wonder about dealing with the pads (how do
you "package" them for disposal; are they drippy) and the odor level from
the solid waste. Also interested in how long the stuff lasts for you.

Andy

I was looking at the Breeze system at the Walmart around the corner
the other day and nearly had a coronary when I saw the price of the
special litter that has to be used in them! Good grief!
Forgedaboudit!
---
Zob

But if you don't use much litter, then it just depends on how much is
actually used. Most regular litter is used up by urine and that isn't
the case here.

So far it hasn't been a big hit with the felines. I guess it's around
six days now and someone has peed a few times but no poop in it yet. I
might just remove the other box and see what happens. That one is
getting awfully gross since I am following the instructions and not
cleaning it out. Of course, I don't want them so upset that they just
go anywhere else.

Still, there is another box of regular litter down the hall so they
will use that if they don't like Breeze.
Old May 19th 08, 02:14 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Janet Boss

If it gets rid of the dust and little bits of litter all over, then
it's a hit even if it costs a bit more than normal litter. But, with
three cats, and one being a big boy, I have my doubts.

I have been using one for about a month and a half, another for a few
weeks less than that (wanted to make sure they liked it first!). I am
very pleased with them.

I have 2 cats and 2 boxes. My little female cat is borderline CRF and
urinates a lot. This system has kept the litter cleaner for her than
anything else ever has. I like that I don't have to lug home heavy
jugs of scoop litter, or change out the crystals so often.

I know that I'm spending a fair amount on the pads, because I change
them twice a week. No dripping, as they are like disposable diapers and
hold a fair amount of urine. I bag them and replace with a fresh pad
every Sunday night and Thursday midday. I have changed the pellets in
box #1 at the 1 month mark, and will with box #2, which is 2 weeks
behind.

This is without a doubt the cleanest system to deal with, and I've had
cats since the late 70's and the old clay litter. Boy have things come
a long way!

When changing the pellets, a quick wipe of the box freshens any splash
as well.

--
Janet Boss
www.bestfriendsdogobedience.com
Old May 19th 08, 07:28 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
zob

On Mon, 19 May 2008 09:14:43 -0400, Janet Boss
wrote:

[...]

You may have just convinced me to give it a try.
---
Zob
Old May 19th 08, 10:07 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Janet Boss

In article ,
outsider wrote:

Do I understand you use 4 pads a week total and two "litter" changes a
month total (or expect to)?

Right. So far, so good. I will up the litter change if needed, but it
doesn't seem to be. I do give it a stir to keep it distributed and not
have the same pellets get hit every time.

How often do you scoop and how is the poop smell? I also really like the
idea of not having to carry heavy litter in _and_ out. It is not like
the clumping litter is all that cheap either.

I scoop poop at breakfast, dinner and bedtime, if there's anything
there. I also scoop it anytime in between, if I notice that they have
pooped. My younger cat is a pretty stinky pooper, so I move on that
fast! The older cat's is pretty neutral with this litter.

I figure $4.36 a week plus the pellet change once a month is really not
bad for the payoff of a clean system and not dealing with a lot of
weight and wet.

Old May 19th 08, 10:15 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Janet Boss

In article ,
Janet Boss wrote:

I will up the litter change if needed, but it
doesn't seem to be.

BTW - I jumped at buying this system, having remembered a system I saw
at dog shows years ago, called "Sweet Pea" which used little pebbles in
a similar setup. I think those were washable and reusable, but I can't
be positive - it was years ago. I thought it was a good idea then and
actually had wondered if it was still made, or if I could figure out a
homemade version. It's like Tidy Cat read my mind, because voila!
Breeze!

Old May 19th 08, 10:35 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Outsider

Janet Boss wrote in
:

In article ,
outsider wrote:

[...]

Thanks. There are a number of things I like about this system compared
to more mechanical ones.

Andy
Old May 19th 08, 10:37 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Outsider

dgk wrote in
:

[...]

Wouldn't it be great if we could get our cats to use one box to poop and
another to pee. My cats do that from time to time but not with any
pattern. Normal litter would last a long time with no pee!