ARGH!!! Damn Cat! Just venting...

Old July 12th 03, 10:46 PM
Sherry

This made me very sad, especially the "damn cat" part and Kami's obvious
distress as a result of your reaction to what happened. Since March my
cat Sadie has been very ill with liver/biliary problems and IBD. I've
been force feeding her all this time and she has had mostly good days
peppered with bad ones, although we're running out of options and are
now starting a last resort medication. During the bad times she hasn't
been able to help it and has pooped/vomited on the bed or all over the
floor, which is not a fun thing to clean up. Sometimes it can get
frustrating and I feel like I'm going to cry, but you know what?

I NEVER NEVER NEVER blame her.

She can't help it and I love her so much I will just shut up and clean
up, then kiss her and hug her more because she deserves extra special
care, understanding and compassion and I'm not going to allow a little
grossness to get in the way of that.

Kami is older and probably has the beginnings of arthritis as a result
of her being declawed. This could very well be contributing to her
having some problems and instead of bitching about something she can't
help, you should be spending your time developing some compassion for
the furry little *senior citizen* that shares your home. If she is
getting poop stuck to her butt you can take her to a groomer and have
her rear shaved a little so that doesn't happen. It will ease her
obvious distress when this occurs (and then I won't have to read anymore
rants about your "damn cat." )

Megan

What Megan said, only she said it much better than I did. If, Brandy, you
really want solutions instead of just "venting'' listen to Megan and the rest
of us who nursed cats who were well past their "prime." If this becomes a habit
with Kami, get her butt shaved and invest in a Bissell Little Green portable
carpet/upholstery cleaner. It makes the cleaning a snap if it happens again.

Sherry

Old July 12th 03, 11:11 PM
Karen Chuplis

in article , Sherry at
wrote on 7/12/03 4:46 PM:

[...]

Or I just bought a Dirt Devil Spot Lifter and I'm thrilled with it for butt
scoot marks and other spots. It has a very long cord and I expect the motor
to last much better than the cordless Bissell.

Karen

Old July 13th 03, 12:15 AM
Sherry

Or I just bought a Dirt Devil Spot Lifter and I'm thrilled with it for butt
scoot marks and other spots. It has a very long cord and I expect the motor
to last much better than the cordless Bissell.

Karen

I'll look for one of those! My bissell has a cord and still works great, but my
daughter keeps borrowing it!

Sherry

Old July 13th 03, 06:52 AM

"Brandy wrote:
carpet cleaner of any kind just because of Kami. I'll knock wood on
that one. Is it my imagination or do people have no sense of humor and
do not know what a "vent" truly is?

Nope, I think some peopel on here have had to deal with people who
shouldn't have pets too long they've gotten all over reactive about anyone
posting anything negative about their cat (even if it is meant to be
cutesy). I think they did take your post way over seriously and should
ligthen up.

On the other hand, understand that some have probably seen people who have
blamed it on their cat seriously and took it out on the cat (I met a lady
who was going to return her cat to the shelter cause it peed once on her
couch, and she didn't want to hear about how she might prevent it
happening again, she didn't care, she just wanted to punish the cat). So,
they are overreacting, but probably because they've seen too many times
when people were actually serious.

I used to think that a lot of people posting some horrid things here were
trolls. After meeting people in real life who had the same view as those
"trolls", I'm not so sure.

Alice

--
The root cause of problems is simple overpopulation. People just aren't
worth very much any more, and they know it. Makes 'em testy. ...Bev
|,4- ) )-,_..;\ ( `'-'
'---''(_/--' `-'\_) Cat by Felix Lee.
Old July 13th 03, 06:52 AM

"Brandy wrote:
carpet cleaner of any kind just because of Kami. I'll knock wood on
that one. Is it my imagination or do people have no sense of humor and
do not know what a "vent" truly is?

Nope, I think some peopel on here have had to deal with people who
shouldn't have pets too long they've gotten all over reactive about anyone
posting anything negative about their cat (even if it is meant to be
cutesy). I think they did take your post way over seriously and should
ligthen up.

On the other hand, understand that some have probably seen people who have
blamed it on their cat seriously and took it out on the cat (I met a lady
who was going to return her cat to the shelter cause it peed once on her
couch, and she didn't want to hear about how she might prevent it
happening again, she didn't care, she just wanted to punish the cat). So,
they are overreacting, but probably because they've seen too many times
when people were actually serious.

I used to think that a lot of people posting some horrid things here were
trolls. After meeting people in real life who had the same view as those
"trolls", I'm not so sure.

Alice

--
The root cause of problems is simple overpopulation. People just aren't
worth very much any more, and they know it. Makes 'em testy. ...Bev
|\ _,,,---,,_ Tigress
/,`.-'`' -. ;-;;,_ http://havoc.gtf.gatech.edu/tigress
'---''(_/--' `-'\_) Cat by Felix Lee.