Gang fight

Old March 14th 04, 08:18 AM

Default Gang fight

O J wrote:

Scuzzy was a good partner and a cat person too. He was the first
person I knew who got a pet door. One day he came home from work to
find a cat party in his kitchen. His cat and five others were just
sitting in a circle in the kitchen. When he stopped laughing, he
opened the door and shooed the five strangers out.

A guy at my last job told a story about how, after installing a cat
door for his *one* cat, he woke up one night to find 5 cats sleeping
peacefully on his bed. Of course, 4 of them didn't belong there, but
they'd made themselves quite at home. So he decided not to disturb
them and just went back to sleep.

Joyce
Old March 14th 04, 08:44 PM
John F. Eldredge

--
John F. Eldredge --

PGP key available from
http://pgp.mit.edu

Old March 14th 04, 09:52 PM
polonca12000

So he opened a zoo, right?
Best wishes,
--
Polonca & Soncek

"John F. Eldredge" wrote in message
One of my friends is the pastor of a small country church. He once
told me about the time that a squirrel chewed its way from the attic
down into the church office. He tried for some time to chase the
squirrel out of the church, and finally just opened all of the doors
and went out on errands. When he came back a couple of hours later,
the squirrel was gone, but two possums, a groundhog, and a skunk were
having a fellowship dinner in the church kitchen.

Old March 14th 04, 11:52 PM
Kreisleriana

On Sun, 14 Mar 2004 05:37:46 GMT, O J yodeled:

Hi All,

Back in the seventies, I witnessed a cat behavior that I had never
seen before or have seen since. My partner, Scuzzy, and I were using
ladder trucks to work on a telephone cable in Port Washington, New
York. The street was a cul-de-sac so there was almost no traffic.
Down one side of the street on the sidewalk came a gang of about
five cats walking a few feet behind the 'leader'. We thought this odd
and stopped to look at them. They continued on their way past us and
some motion on the other side of the street caught my eye. On the
opposite sidewalk, in the other direction came another gang of cats
following their leader.
When the two gangs got opposite each other they stopped. The
leaders then began to yowl at each other, going through all the
vocalizations of cats getting ready to fight. Finally the two leaders
advanced into the street, the ears went back and the yowling got
louder. Finally the two leaders got into it. They fought for a few
seconds, and then stopped. Then, as if on cue, everybody scattered.

How funny.
I see something that's almost the exact opposite all the time. There
are a few colonies of ferals in my neighborhood, and there are two in
particular about a block away from each other-- I think they are
really an extended family, but one set of cats, who hangs out by one
building (and their garbage) is almost all pure white. Yes, a weird
little family of all-white cats. Their neighbor family, across the
street, are little short-legged brown and white tabbies. I think
there is certainly some interbreeding and crossover between the
groups. But the funny thing I frequently see is the way these groups
of cats greet each other when they meet. They never bristle, but
always give each other those kitty cocktail-party-air-kisses when they
meet. " Oh hello, dahling, how are you. It's been ages."

Theresa

Single-mindedness is all very well in cows or baboons; in an animal
claiming to belong to the same species as Shakespeare it is simply disgraceful.
(Aldous Huxley)
Old March 15th 04, 03:49 AM

Kreisleriana wrote:

But the funny thing I frequently see is the way these groups
of cats greet each other when they meet. They never bristle, but
always give each other those kitty cocktail-party-air-kisses when they
meet. " Oh hello, dahling, how are you. It's been ages."

LOL!! My cats do that with each other all the time.

Joyce