Xoxo gets a clean bill of health

Old July 16th 05, 08:48 PM
Mary

Default Xoxo gets a clean bill of health

"Victor Martinez" wrote in message
.. .
Xoxo went for his annual TED appointment this morning. The little bugger
hid from me when it came time to go! He has a very solid routine: after
breakfast, he goes to our bed and sleeps all day. Every day. But not
today. Today he decided to go into the enclosure and nap there. It took
me quite a bit of effort to get him inside the house so I could put him
in the carrier. I swear these cats know more than they let us believe.
Anyhow, he got his two shots and was pronounced fit by our TED.

That is just wonderful, Victor!

Old July 16th 05, 10:03 PM
Mary

"Trish" wrote in message

"CatNipped" wrote in message
"Victor Martinez" wrote in message
.. .
Xoxo went for his annual TED appointment this morning. The little

bugger
hid from me when it came time to go! He has a very solid routine:

after
breakfast, he goes to our bed and sleeps all day. Every day. But not
today. Today he decided to go into the enclosure and nap there. It

took
me quite a bit of effort to get him inside the house so I could put

him
in the carrier. I swear these cats know more than they let us believe.
Anyhow, he got his two shots and was pronounced fit by our TED. She
commented on how all our cats are so sweet and loving. I said, yeah,

cuz
they're all spoiled brats!
Anyhow, he's scheduled to go back every six months now for a routine
examination, since he is a senior at 8 years old.
3 down, 4 to go. Next in line for TED are Fez and Rufous on the 30th.

Great news! I don't know how you guys do it - vet bills for 4 (only one
senior who goes every 6 months) are humungous!

Hugs,

CatNipped

Tell me about it, I took my dog to the vet again this week another 500.00,
the vet laughs and asks Maggot when is he going to get a job to help pay

the
bill. Then the vet says its all a ploy, the cats and dog call the bank
while I'm working to ask if there is extra money, if there is one decides

it
vet visit time. I agreed 100%

Now there's got to be a good story behind how your kitty got the
name "Maggot!" Do tell!

Old July 16th 05, 10:14 PM
Trish

"Mary" wrote in message ...

"Trish" wrote in message

"CatNipped" wrote in message
[...]

lol okay

Sorry I worded that wrong up there it's my dog that's names maggot, it's a
cute story...

I was on an excavtion in a northern area, and it was bloody cold in the end
of June, we rented a house and the landlady had gotten a new puppy the day
we arrived. He was only about 2 weeks old (that's not uncommmon in remote
areas) his eyes weren't open yet and he couldn't walk, he just bounced
everywhere. Well, she wanted to keep him in a box on the front steps, but I
wouldn't have that, so I took him in and he slept with me for the summer.
Well, he was nameless and everyone had a choice name, but we couldn't agree.
So one day, my friend and I were defleshing a rotting whale for sample
comparison of bones, current and historic and prehistoric. The whale was
covered in maggots, little balls of them everywhere. I was amazed at how
they would jump when they travelled. They were just like the puppy. And he
was all white like the maggots. So he became Maggot After the
excavation was over I spoke to the landlady and explained that I had paid
all his vet bills over the summer, drove him 4 hours out of town for his
appointments, bought all his food and took care of all his needs and asked
if I could keep him. She happily agreed after a few days of whining how
much she'd miss him. lol right! Hence, he is a happy little Maggot living
the good life with his three kitty brothers to terrorize him when they deem
it necessary!

Old July 16th 05, 11:07 PM
Mary

"Trish" wrote in message

"Mary" wrote in message

"Trish" wrote in message

"CatNipped" wrote in message
[...]

Ahh! I think I knew that at one time and forgot!

[...]

Well that IS a great story!! lol!!