[OT] Maybe things are looking up

Old June 15th 06, 07:06 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default [OT] Maybe things are looking up

They're worse on the DH front, but at least it looks like I've
recovered one of my "lost" friendships.

He came over last night and we talked for four or five hours, even
stuff from years ago (we've known each other half my life). Worked
through a lot, got very honest about a lot, and it looks like we are
very solidly dear friends once again. He is going to help me through
some of this divorce stuff, too, whatever he can, whenever he can. I
am so grateful. Friends make all the difference, and to almost have
lost one had me so depressed I just about gave up on life.

And so today I follow in Yowie's footsteps, and begin to take
antidepressants. I hope they will help me through this time, give me
more energy, and help my outlook. I really, really hate going this
route, but when your pulmonologist's intern thinks you should be on
antidepressants, I guess it's way past time to give it a try.

Wish me luck!

Ginger-lyn

Home Pages:
http://www.moonsummer.com
Animals in Movies Website)
Old June 15th 06, 07:16 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

wrote in message
They're worse on the DH front, but at least it looks like I've
recovered one of my "lost" friendships.

He came over last night and we talked for four or five hours, even
stuff from years ago (we've known each other half my life). Worked
through a lot, got very honest about a lot, and it looks like we are
very solidly dear friends once again. He is going to help me through
some of this divorce stuff, too, whatever he can, whenever he can. I
am so grateful. Friends make all the difference, and to almost have
lost one had me so depressed I just about gave up on life.

I'm so happy to hear that, Ginger-lyn! Friends are important, especially
when you're going through a bad time.

And so today I follow in Yowie's footsteps, and begin to take
antidepressants. I hope they will help me through this time, give me
more energy, and help my outlook. I really, really hate going this
route, but when your pulmonologist's intern thinks you should be on
antidepressants, I guess it's way past time to give it a try.

Wish me luck!

Ginger-lyn

I do! With your friend to help you, and the antidepressants to balance your
body chemistry, you're on the right track to get through this and come out
the other side. And there will be another side, even though you can't see
it right now.

Joy

Old June 15th 06, 07:17 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

wrote in message
They're worse on the DH front, but at least it looks like I've
recovered one of my "lost" friendships.

He came over last night and we talked for four or five hours, even
stuff from years ago (we've known each other half my life). Worked
through a lot, got very honest about a lot, and it looks like we are
very solidly dear friends once again. He is going to help me through
some of this divorce stuff, too, whatever he can, whenever he can. I
am so grateful. Friends make all the difference, and to almost have
lost one had me so depressed I just about gave up on life.

I'm glad you got your friend back.

And so today I follow in Yowie's footsteps, and begin to take
antidepressants. I hope they will help me through this time, give me
more energy, and help my outlook. I really, really hate going this
route, but when your pulmonologist's intern thinks you should be on
antidepressants, I guess it's way past time to give it a try.

I really don't know why people resist taking anti-depressants when they need
them. It should be viewed the same as a diebetic taking insulin - there's
something your body needs to function properly and you shouldn't hesitate to
take it. There is (or should be) no stigma in needing to adjust the
chemistry of your body when it is out of whack.

Wish me luck!

Purrs that things start going smoothly for you.

--

Hugs,

CatNipped

Ginger-lyn

Home Pages:
http://www.moonsummer.com
Animals in Movies Website)

Old June 15th 06, 07:46 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On Thu, 15 Jun 2006 13:17:40 -0500, CatNipped wrote:

I really don't know why people resist taking anti-depressants when they need
them. It should be viewed the same as a diebetic taking insulin - there's
something your body needs to function properly and you shouldn't hesitate to
take it. There is (or should be) no stigma in needing to adjust the
chemistry of your body when it is out of whack.

I'll second that! Taking anti-depressants isn't a sign of weakness. It's
just another medication to fix chemical imbalances. And I know that when I
went off antidepressants for a year or so I REALLY felt it. When your
brain isn't getting the right balance of norepinephrine or serotonin or
whatever other chemicals are involved, you can sure feel it.

Dan
Old June 15th 06, 08:11 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

wrote:

They're worse on the DH front, but at least it looks like I've
recovered one of my "lost" friendships.

He came over last night and we talked for four or five hours, even
stuff from years ago (we've known each other half my life). Worked
through a lot, got very honest about a lot, and it looks like we are
very solidly dear friends once again.

I'm so happy to hear this! It's hard to lose a longtime friend,
especially when everything else is going so badly and you really
need support.

He is going to help me through
some of this divorce stuff, too, whatever he can, whenever he can. I
am so grateful. Friends make all the difference

You're not kidding! I can compare two significant relationship breakups
in my life, one in 1987 and the other in '99. In '87 I had also lost a
lot of friends and had been very stressed for a long time. I pretty
much fell apart when my SO and I split. In '99, I was very suddenly
and rether unceremoniously dumped by my long-term SO, and I was really
scared I was going to have another 1987. But a very close friend said
to me, "Don't forget that you have a lot of people in your life right
now who really care about you," and I realized it was true. And suddenly,
I knew right then that I was going to be OK. I was still in pain, still
angry and grieving, but I knew I wasn't going to fall apart. I was able
to keep my life going. My kitties played a big role in that, too!

And so today I follow in Yowie's footsteps, and begin to take
antidepressants. I hope they will help me through this time, give me
more energy, and help my outlook. I really, really hate going this
route

How come? I mean, how come you hate going this route? It might be the
best thing you can do for yourself at the moment. It doesn't have to
be permanent.

So glad things are getting better - purrs for that to continue!

Joyce
Old June 15th 06, 08:22 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

wrote:
[...]

You shouldn't be reluctant to take antidepressants, they are prescribed to
correct a valid medical condition that can be corrected. I have been on them
for years and they have made a tremendous difference in my life. Dennis has
also been taking them now for a few years. He used to have terrible mood swings
to the point where it was very unpleasant to be around him. The antidepressants
were a god send for him. The only drawback was when he was in one of his moods
he would go down in the basement and do the ironing, the ironing doesn't get
done anymore.

huggs and purrs that your situation will soon improve.

Randy

http://www.crmartin.zoomshare.com

Old June 15th 06, 08:28 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Randy" wrote in message
news
wrote:
[...]

Ironing??! What's ironing???!!! I just thank gawd somebody invented
permenant press or my family and I would go about looking like unmade beds!
;

--

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old June 15th 06, 08:29 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Randy wrote:

Dennis has also been taking them now for a few years. He used to
have terrible mood swings to the point where it was very unpleasant
to be around him. The antidepressants were a god send for him. The
only drawback was when he was in one of his moods he would go down
in the basement and do the ironing, the ironing doesn't get done anymore.

LOL!!!

Let's see:

left hand hefts well-pressed clothes... right hand hefts happy
boyfriend...

Joyce
Old June 15th 06, 08:47 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Ironing??! What's ironing???!!! I just thank gawd somebody invented
permenant press or my family and I would go about looking like unmade beds!
;

Or as I tell Nancy when she seems incredulous that I'm putting on a pair
of pants that have been sitting in the dryer overnight:
"Why not? Even if I iron them they'll be wrinkled by the time I get to the
office"
Old June 15th 06, 08:57 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Dan M" wrote in message
news
On Thu, 15 Jun 2006 13:17:40 -0500, CatNipped wrote:

I really don't know why people resist taking anti-depressants when they
need
them. It should be viewed the same as a diebetic taking insulin -
there's
something your body needs to function properly and you shouldn't hesitate
take it. There is (or should be) no stigma in needing to adjust the
chemistry of your body when it is out of whack.

I'll second that! Taking anti-depressants isn't a sign of weakness. It's
just another medication to fix chemical imbalances. And I know that when I
went off antidepressants for a year or so I REALLY felt it. When your
brain isn't getting the right balance of norepinephrine or serotonin or
whatever other chemicals are involved, you can sure feel it.

I was pretty scared about being prescribed anti-depressants. I thought it
meant I was sort of mad, or something. What it actually meant was a prop
for me when a lot of awful things happened to me all at once and it really
helped. It took a few weeks to work instead of the instant fix I really
wanted. There is, of course, no "instant fix."

Tweed