Breeze litter box system?

Old April 9th 08, 12:53 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
[email protected]

Default Breeze litter box system?

Hi,

I got one a week or two ago and my cats used it immediately. No dust
which is great, and no litter everywhere just a few of the large
pellets. Easy to clean and it does keep the litter from smelling of
urine. So far, I really like it.
Old April 9th 08, 07:42 AM
MikeDelMar MikeDelMar is offline
Junior Member

Just looked at the site and have a couple of reactions.

1) You still need to scoop so it ain't much of a system.

2) Replacements pads are going to cost at least $75 per year ($150 if you have more than one cat). Don't know what the impact of the litter granuales will be compared to normal litter.

Check out the Litter Robot (www.Litter-Robot.com). It costs $329 to buy but you don't have any ongoing costs of special supplies and you'll save a bunch of money over time. What does it cost to clean your carpet after the litter box didn't get scooped in time because you were having a life?

Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennyanniedots[_2_] View Post
Hi all,
I saw an ad for Tidy Cat's new "Breeze" litterbox system which
separates #1 and #2, so I bought one to try out. (It's
"revolutionary!" LOL.)

http://www.breezeforcats.com/

I just set it up last night so no news yet, but I'm curious to know if
anyone else has tried it, and what folks think about it.

-Jen
Old May 5th 08, 01:06 AM
Larry Watkins Larry Watkins is offline
Junior Member

Location: Summerton, SC
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by zob View Post
On Fri, 4 Apr 2008 10:11:08 -0700 (PDT), Jennyanniedots
wrote:

Hi all,
I saw an ad for Tidy Cat's new "Breeze" litterbox system which
separates #1 and #2, so I bought one to try out. (It's
"revolutionary!" LOL.)

http://www.breezeforcats.com/

I just set it up last night so no news yet, but I'm curious to know if
anyone else has tried it, and what folks think about it.

-Jen

Funny you should mention that. I just saw one today for the first
time in WalMart for about $33 and was very tempted to buy it. I've
been using a LitterMaid for about 3 years now. The first one I loved,
but it stopped working about 6 months ago. So I immediately bought a
new one.

It turns out that the newer Littermaids are way more cheaply built
than the originals (and cost a lot more), and the motor is weaker
also. I spend, literally, far more time unjamming and scraping off
the rake than I would simply scooping a regular litterbox.

And now that my cats Yoda and Onyx are so used to the Littermaid,
Onyx has stopped burying his poo ...instead he sits by the Littermaid
and waits for the rake to scoop it away., When it jams, he gets very
upset (seriously). If he has to go again before I discover that the
Littermaid is jammed or gummed up, he'll go on my bathroom rug - or
even worse - on my bedspread. I've had to start covering my bed with
an old shower curtain at the vet's suggestion.

Anyway, all this rambling is to say that I've been considering going
back to a good old fashioned litterbox. Then today when I saw the
relatively inexpensive "Breeze" litterbox system I had exactly the
same question as you. I'd like to hear from someone who has used one
before I spend the money lest I end up with yet another gimmicky
product that has more drawbacks than benefits. I'll be anxiously
waiting for an answer also.

Zob

-----
Tact is for people who aren't witty enough to be sarcastic

I have had a Breeze system for about a month now and truly love it. No odor, no mess and change the pad once a week. I bought it at Wally World (Wal Mart) for around $34.00. I only have one cat and it took him two days to start using it.
Larry
Old May 5th 08, 07:42 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
FirstHit

On Apr 4, 8:58 pm, zob zob@ cox.net wrote:

[...]

Hey Zob!

Sorry to hear about your Littermaid woes. Seems that America these
days sure can turn out some cheap crap! Whatever happened to pride in
workmanship? I was thinking about getting my kitty one of those once,
but they looked so much like one of my printers that I was worried
that she'd use the two interchangeably! LOL

FirstHit
Old May 8th 08, 03:09 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
iowna uass

Hey Zob!

Sorry to hear about your Littermaid woes. Seems that America these
days sure can turn out some cheap crap! Whatever happened to pride in
workmanship? I was thinking about getting my kitty one of those once,
but they looked so much like one of my printers that I was worried
that she'd use the two interchangeably! LOL

FirstHit

Hate to say it, but my Littermaid (just purchased in April) says made in
China.
America has turned into the middleman instead of the producer.

Old May 9th 08, 01:48 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
FirstHit

On May 8, 7:09 am, "iowna uass" wrote:
Hey Zob!

Sorry to hear about your Littermaid woes. Seems that America these
days sure can turn out some cheap crap! Whatever happened to pride in
workmanship? I was thinking about getting my kitty one of those once,
but they looked so much like one of my printers that I was worried
that she'd use the two interchangeably! LOL

FirstHit

Hate to say it, but my Littermaid (just purchased in April) says made in
China.
America has turned into the middleman instead of the producer.

You're right, and that's a good point, but American companies oversee
the design and making of most of these products, so it's still fair to
say that we turn out cheap crap.

FirstHit
Old May 12th 08, 06:52 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
dgk

On Tue, 08 Apr 2008 18:35:50 -0500, zob zob@ cox.net wrote:

On Tue, 8 Apr 2008 13:05:05 -0700 (PDT), Jennyanniedots
wrote:

Day 5 report. My dog has "discovered" cat litter for the very first
time, due to the fact that the box is not covered. And thus ended the
great Breeze experiment!
-jen

Hey look, free snacks!
LOL!

Zob

My brother had a dog and a cat. The dog did love picking those treats
out of the litter. Crunchy on the outside and soft on the inside.
Old May 12th 08, 06:59 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
dgk

On Wed, 9 Apr 2008 07:42:08 +0100, MikeDelMar
wrote:

Just looked at the site and have a couple of reactions.

1) You still need to scoop so it ain't much of a system.

2) Replacements pads are going to cost at least $75 per year ($150 if
you have more than one cat). Don't know what the impact of the litter
granuales will be compared to normal litter.

Check out the Litter Robot (www.Litter-Robot.com). It costs $329 to
buy but you don't have any ongoing costs of special supplies and you'll
save a bunch of money over time. What does it cost to clean your carpet
after the litter box didn't get scooped in time because you were having
a life?

Mike

I looked at the litter-robot and might end up getting it, but mostly
my concern is the dust which seems to get everywhere. Some litter is
better than others but all of the ones I find at Target seem to
produce clouds that settle all over the bathroom.

So I saw the Breeze at Target over the weekend and bought it. Today is
day #1 and I'll see if anyone used it when I get home tonight. It's
sitting next to the secondary litterbox in a spare room. If they like
it, I'll replace the main box.

If it gets rid of the dust and little bits of litter all over, then
it's a hit even if it costs a bit more than normal litter. But, with
three cats, and one being a big boy, I have my doubts.
Old May 17th 08, 10:29 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Outsider

dgk wrote in news:k41h2456qjhtjc77265o1e83r375ltun59@
4ax.com:

So I saw the Breeze at Target over the weekend and bought it. Today is
day #1 and I'll see if anyone used it when I get home tonight. It's
sitting next to the secondary litterbox in a spare room. If they like
it, I'll replace the main box.

If it gets rid of the dust and little bits of litter all over, then
it's a hit even if it costs a bit more than normal litter. But, with
three cats, and one being a big boy, I have my doubts.

I would like to hear how this works out for you. I like the (seeming)
simplicity of the breeze and the fact that the stuff I have to carry (the
litter) is not very heavy but wonder about dealing with the pads (how do
you "package" them for disposal; are they drippy) and the odor level from
the solid waste. Also interested in how long the stuff lasts for you.

Andy
Old May 18th 08, 10:41 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
zob

On 17 May 2008 09:29:00 GMT, outsider wrote:

[...]

I was looking at the Breeze system at the Walmart around the corner
the other day and nearly had a coronary when I saw the price of the
special litter that has to be used in them! Good grief!
Forgedaboudit!
---
Zob