Useless replies

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old February 11th 04, 08:36 PM
Caroline

"Joe Canuck" wrote
BigDaDDY wrote:

snip
So after all the posts, not a single thing addressed my question. Thanks
for nothin'!

One does have to wonder when their cat obviously has a medical issue why
they run first to the newsgroups for answers instead of going to the
obvious place for this... the VET.

Joe, the guy went to the vet and didn't get anything from the visit that helped.
So naturally he was baffled. Happens to all of us, it seems to me.

Vets do misdiagnose. These misdiagnoses do come up here. (I write this not as an
indictment of vets. I was one of the faction that did not want any action taken
against a certain vet who recently did not meet the standards of many people
here.. )

Sometimes people on the newsgroup do have more experience than certain vets.
Besides, at the newsgroup, posters have all the time in the world to relate a
cat's symptoms. A vet has a few minutes to look at a cat and listen to a
description of symptoms.

BigDaddy, for what it's worth, I found nothing wrong and everything right in
your initial post, which explicitly and merely asked if anyone else had seen
certain symptoms in their own cats. I know money is often a concern that affects
most everyone's pet (and children, and parent) decisions, so I don't blame
anyone for trying to be cost-effective, within reason (which is pretty
subjective!).

My cat has never had all the symptoms you describe. He did go through a period
of vomiting and having some litter box changes last year (but nothing as serious
as your cat's), and I (not the darn vet to whom I took him!) found all he needed
was some petroleum jelly-based hairball remedy. I don't fault the vet, per se. I
do fault any vet who doesn't acknowledge they often can't be sure what's wrong
with a cat, so continue troubleshooting.

Your cat sounds very sick. I hope you find the problem, one way or another, and
that Sammy is better soon. I for one would welcome an update. I'm sure it will
help others here in the future.

Good luck to your cat, your fiancé, and you,