Purrs for Dusty please

Old November 19th 03, 10:35 AM

TJ and The Dust wrote:

Also she is suspecting a thyroid problem which in itself may be
causing some of these readings on the bloodwork and the gallop in
his heartbeat.

Well, I don't know about Dusty, but *I* have a slight thyroid problem
and before I got it treated, it was causing my heart to skip beats. I
have hypothyroidism, which means too little thyroid, and it sounds like
Dusty might have too much, since he was losing weight. And maybe that's
what's making his heartbeat gallop. My doctor once told me that "thyroid
is your body's metronome - it tells everything *when* to do what it has
to do." So if the thyroid's off, things like heartbeats could be off, too.

I guess the thyroid be regulated with medication.

Absolutely!

Glad the poor, emaciated Dust is feeling better.

Joyce
Old November 19th 03, 12:53 PM
Jeanne Hedge

I'm so happy to hear that Dusty is better! Purrs continue for his
continued improvement

Jeanne Hedge, as directed by Natasha

http://www.jhedge.com

CompuServe Comics/Anime Forum via Your Browser
- IT'S FREE! -
*** http://go.compuserve.com/comic ***
Old November 19th 03, 06:20 PM
SUQKRT

In article , "TJ and The Dust"
wrote:

Dusty from her perch on the shelf with the cat food in it. I noticed
she was
wearing those little rubber things on her claws. They were red. It looked
like
she had the most perfect OPI Big Apple Red (brand of nail polish) manicure!
LOL.
I am going to bring a pic of Dusty for the big bulliten board in the waiting
room. I didn't see ANY cats in a tu-tu! So thanks again and I will know
more
on Friday.

TJ and Bone-Daddy Dust

I'm glad Dusty is making such great progress.
Suz
Iron Chef Macmoosette
Thank Heavens There's Only One

Chocolate heals all wounds.
Old November 19th 03, 09:35 PM
polonca12000

I'm so glad to hear eye-drops are helping Dusty and are easy to administer.
Lots of purrs and best wishes for the tests to be negative,
--
Polonca & Soncek

"TJ and The Dust" wrote in message
snipThese drops are
a breeze. One drop in one eye. He doesn't even flinch so that is going

very
well.

His liver levels were all elavated and his thyroid checked out in the

"gray
area" as she called it. snip

Old November 20th 03, 07:34 PM
Stacey

So glad the Dust is doing better! The zoo here were purring mightily!!!

Stacey

"TJ and The Dust" wrote in message
Thanks for the all the purrs. Dusty has no idea how many people care

about his
stinky carcass!

TED called this morning and the good news is that his kidney levels were

good
and he gained 1/2 pound. That's a lot in one week. Of course he is

eating just
fine. I have used the drops 5 times so far and his eye seems so much

better.
She figured the stuff we used the first time irritated his eye. These

drops are
a breeze. One drop in one eye. He doesn't even flinch so that is going

very
well.

His liver levels were all elavated and his thyroid checked out in the

"gray
area" as she called it. His urine was slightly diluted as well. She

wants to
do a full thyroid workup then see what that tells us. She said since he

is
isn't acting sick, isn't vomiting and is eating like a pig she wouldn't

want to
do anything evasive to check the liver further. She also wants to try and
anti-inflammatory and an antibiotic to see if that affects the liver.

Also she
is suspecting a thyroid problem which in itself may be causing some of

these
readings on the bloodwork and the gallop in his heartbeat. I guess the

thyroid
be regulated with medication.

Dusty has been pretty active today. He woke me up by dancing on my head,

guess
what he wanted? To hear the pop of a can of food! Little *******. They

learn
quick. He followed me around the house and kept getting me to follow him

back
to the laundry room (where he is fed his wet food). I caught him playing

with
his gray fuzzy mouse and he spent over an hour laying in a sunpatch

bathing. I
have to bring him back on Thursday so they can take more blood and they

she
wants to listen to this heart and check his eye.

I like this new vet. I can get right in. They call right back with

results.
They staff is nice. TED herself is somewhat clinical and unemotional when
delivering news (so very different from Kody's vet, he was very emotional)

but
TED has cats herself and understands the slave bond(age) thing. Heck, she

has
her own stand alone practice just devoted to cats. That's what I like

best of
all. Just cats. Yesterday "office cat" ignored me big time. She glared

at