B & C - The Xmas Cake

Old December 24th 03, 07:35 PM
Bev

Default B & C - The Xmas Cake

I know I was stupid. I left the Xmas cake nicely covered on the
kitchen bench. The cover had been clawed off and they had eaten a
whole corner of the cake!!

Bev, who is not telling this story to her guests!!

--
If you can step on 9 daisies all at once it's Springtime.
Old December 24th 03, 10:32 PM
Lois Reay

LOL, I thought you would have learnt your lesson by now - leaving things in
the reach of the little angels!!!

Merry Christmas B&C& FSP plus Bev and John.

Lois

Old December 25th 03, 02:44 PM
Jette Goldie

"Bev" wrote in message
I know I was stupid. I left the Xmas cake nicely covered on the
kitchen bench. The cover had been clawed off and they had eaten a
whole corner of the cake!!

Bev, who is not telling this story to her guests!!

If this was a British Xmas cake, and you were my mother, I
know what you'd do. g

You'd cut a slice off the cake in such a way as to remove
the eaten corner. You'd remove any icing on the cake.

You'd then get some new marzipan and recover the cake
in marzipan, re-ice it with royal icing (that very stiff sugar
icing that sets hard).

Then you'd put it on a nice cake-board and decorate
the cake with piping and frills...... and you'd serve the
cake without saying a word to your guests g

I know this, because mother made my Wedding cake -
and when a minor disaster happened to the bottom
layer, this is exactly what she did. (however she made
the mistake of confessing to my future father in law,
who told the joke to everyone at the wedding)

--
Jette Goldie

Apache and Dakota
http://www.jette.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/kitties.html

Old December 25th 03, 06:14 PM
Bev

Jette Goldie wrote:

"Bev" wrote in message
[...]

Jette, I have already done this to a minor degree. My problem is, that
I love telling stories so much that I can't resist telling people.
Another thought has gone through my head, it's OK cutting off the piece
they have eaten but I suspect they have probably licked the whole thing,
rofl. Merry Xmas to all who have Xmas to-day. Our Xmas was yesterday.

Bev
--
If you can step on 9 daisies all at once it's Springtime.
Old December 25th 03, 11:59 PM
Brenda

"Bev" wrote in message
I know I was stupid. I left the Xmas cake nicely covered on the
kitchen bench. The cover had been clawed off and they had eaten a whole

corner of the cake!!

Bev, who is not telling this story to her guests!!

--
If you can step on 9 daisies all at once it's Springtime.

How thoughtful of the dastardly duo to leave some cake for the hoomins!
Brenda

Old December 26th 03, 04:06 PM
Adrian

Bev wrote:
I know I was stupid. I left the Xmas cake nicely covered on the
kitchen bench. The cover had been clawed off and they had eaten a
whole corner of the cake!!

Bev, who is not telling this story to her guests!!

If your guests were from RPCA, they would be honoured to have a cake that
was tested and approved by the cats.
--
Adrian
A House Is Not A Home, Without A Cat.