Scaredy Cat

Old January 3rd 05, 12:58 PM
badwilson

Default Scaredy Cat

Vino is usually so nonchalant. Not scared of strangers who come to
the house, not scared of thunderstorms or fireworks. Not scared of
the vacuum cleaner.
But sometimes something happens that makes me wonder if deep down he
isn't a yellow bellied, lily livered little wussy pussy. Oh wait...he
*is* yellow bellied, so that one's a fact ;-)
Anyway, so what happened is this. I moved this three legged wooden
stool that we have because I wanted to take down the Christmas cards.
The stool is heavy so I slid it across the floor. Well, it seems that
the felt pads on the bottoms of it's legs had worn off because it made
a scratch on the wooden floor. I turned the stool over and went to
get more felt pads out of the drawer.
I came back to see Vino low-walking around the stool, keeping a safe
distance. I watched him slowly creep up to the strange object and
extend his neck out in a most turtle like fashion to sniff the stool.
The same stool that he sits on for hours every day. Just upside down.
Then I saw his paw shoot out lightning fast and bap the stool. He
crept around to every side and bapped it from every angle. Eventually
he ran off and glared at it from a distance.
The whole time I was standing there shaking from trying not to laugh
out loud :-)
--
Britta
Sandpaper kisses, a cuddle and a purr. I have an alarm clock that's

Old January 3rd 05, 02:34 PM
Katz

I guess he showed that stool who's boss! LOL.

Katz

Old January 3rd 05, 02:47 PM
Karen

I think it's hysterical when they suddenly don't recognize something.
Usually its a purse or a shoe.

Old January 3rd 05, 03:25 PM
CatNipped

"badwilson" wrote in message
[...]

LOL I love it when my cats do this. I love it even more if I am in range
to nudge the object a little just as their nose is stretched towards it -
watching those anit-gravity devices in the pads of their paws shooting them
straight up about 3 or 4 feet is absolutely hilarious!!

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old January 3rd 05, 04:22 PM
Marina

badwilson wrote:

[...]

LOL! Frank acts the same way when he doesn't recognize something. Nikki
is never put off. Once I had dropped a ladle on the floor and didn't
pick it up immediately. Frank approached it, belly to the floor, circled
it and finally bapped it, then jumped back. Up comes Nikki, trots right
past him and puts her paw on the ladle. She firmly believes she is
invincible. She approaches big d*gs the same way.

--
Marina, Frank and Nikki
Old January 3rd 05, 04:54 PM
Irulan

awwww! grin
Jazz's mama

--

Irulan
from the stars we come

Old January 3rd 05, 06:16 PM
Kreisleriana

On Mon, 3 Jan 2005 19:58:32 +0700, "badwilson"
yodeled:

[...]

Obviously some suspicious new variety of greebling had introduced
itself, invisibly to all but him!

I can just see it. Stink is the same way-- utterly imperturbable,
cheerful, and sociable 99.99999999999% of the time-- and once or
twice a year something will make him suddenly pop straight up in the
air like he was in a toaster. Or flatten himself, and slink around
in what my mom calls "creepin' Jesus" fashion.

Theresa
Old January 3rd 05, 06:19 PM
Kreisleriana

On Mon, 03 Jan 2005 15:25:39 GMT, "CatNipped"
yodeled:

"badwilson" wrote in message
[...]

Aha!!! A Devil-Mommy!!!

Theresa
Old January 3rd 05, 06:21 PM
CatNipped

"badwilson" wrote in message
[...]

Yep, the devil makes me do it - I just can't help myself!!! ;

Hugs,

CatNipped

Theresa

Old January 3rd 05, 06:24 PM
mlbriggs

On Mon, 03 Jan 2005 19:58:32 +0700, badwilson wrote:

[...]

Wouldn't it be interesting to see things through their eyes for a few
minutes? I imagine it would be like being in a room of distorted mirrors.
MLB