Scaredy cats

Old September 16th 05, 05:55 PM
Victor Martinez

Default Scaredy cats

The plumber came by this morning to fix a leaking showerhead. Rufous
will be most disappointed, when he realized his favorite pastime
(chasing water droplets) is no more.
Anyhow, Fez and Rufous hid under the bed when they realized there was a
large stranger going around the house, opening and closing doors. Luna
decided to continue her nap outside and Xoxo could not be bothered to
wake up.
Basho and Issa looked at him and wondered why they weren't getting pettins.
I really like our plumber, he's an independent guy who is in business
with his brother (or brother-in-law?). They're both really nice and very
reasonable in his charges. He was here for about 45 minutes and fixed
the leak without having to replace any parts. He charged me $80 and
offered to come clean the sink line if it starts backing up within 30
days for no extra charge.

--
Victor M. Martinez
Send your spam he

Old September 16th 05, 06:13 PM
Kreisleriana

On Fri, 16 Sep 2005 16:55:00 GMT, Victor Martinez
yodeled:

The plumber came by this morning to fix a leaking showerhead. Rufous
will be most disappointed, when he realized his favorite pastime
(chasing water droplets) is no more.
Anyhow, Fez and Rufous hid under the bed when they realized there was a
large stranger going around the house, opening and closing doors.

Awww. Silly boys. Stinky loves repairmen, he follows them all over
the house and "helps."

Theresa
Old September 16th 05, 07:46 PM
Kreisleriana

On Fri, 16 Sep 2005 13:29:40 -0400, "Howard C. Berkowitz"
yodeled:

In article ,
wrote:

On Fri, 16 Sep 2005 16:55:00 GMT, Victor Martinez
yodeled:

The plumber came by this morning to fix a leaking showerhead. Rufous
will be most disappointed, when he realized his favorite pastime
(chasing water droplets) is no more.
Anyhow, Fez and Rufous hid under the bed when they realized there was a
large stranger going around the house, opening and closing doors.

Awww. Silly boys. Stinky loves repairmen, he follows them all over
the house and "helps."

I can't absolutely generalize, but I've noticed that repairmen and
construction workers often like being under feline supervision. The
supervisors are especially concerned with the dishwasher, and sit in a
neat line, by descending size, watching. This has left some technicians
in giggles.

That's good. Stinky once made a phone repairman hit the ceiling by
applying a cold kitty nose to his exposed toolbelt-butt area. He
recovered very graciously, though, observing, "Well, it's *his*
house."

Theresa
Old September 16th 05, 08:20 PM
Pat

"Victor Martinez" wrote

reasonable in his charges. He was here for about 45 minutes and fixed
the leak without having to replace any parts. He charged me $80

Whoa! The plumbers in this area charge $15/hour!!

Old September 16th 05, 08:58 PM
Victor Martinez

Pat wrote:
Whoa! The plumbers in this area charge $15/hour!!

Really? Here the big-company plumbers charge $120 just to show up.

--
Victor M. Martinez
Send your spam he

Old September 16th 05, 10:21 PM
Jo Firey

"Victor Martinez" wrote in message
[...]

Jake only occasionally take to strangers. Molly loves tradesmen of all
sorts. For a cat that isn't really all that affectionate with us, she turns
into a little slut if anyone bearing home repair or remodeling tools shows
up.

Jo

Old September 17th 05, 01:49 AM
Victor Martinez

Cheryl Perkins wrote:
When I came home, I had three cats - Mandy, Betsy, and the black tom from
up the street. The workman said he thought the black cat was one of mine!

Hehehehe... I can picture the workman chasing all the neighborhood cats
around...

--
Victor M. Martinez
Send your spam he