Scottie left today 2/28

Old March 1st 06, 12:29 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

Default Scottie left today 2/28

Hugs and purrs to you, Candace. I am so sorry. You have me welled up
with tears over here and I came out of my lurking/hiatus just so I could
be one more reminder that those of us who love cats and sit in front
of our computer monitors reading these messages from all parts of the
world are thinking of you.

King Dudley is purring very loudly right now. Luna sends her purrs, too.
Love,
Pam, Luna and Dudley

Old March 1st 06, 01:21 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

On Tue, 28 Feb 2006 14:50:43 -0800, Candace wrote:

I had him put to sleep this afternoon. He had an esophageal stricture
meaning the opening was very narrow. The vet felt it was probably
cancer but we won't ever know because I opted to not send the specimen
to the pathologist. There is really nothing that could have been done
other than to insert a permanent feeding tube in his side and feed him
thru that. He would never be able to eat again, through his mouth.
What kind of life would that be for a cat? Plus if it was cancer, it
would only get worse and it had, in fact, continually gotten worse over
the last few weeks since he could originally eat wet food but could not
do so any longer. He would even gag on his own saliva several times a
day and there wouldn't be anything to prevent that. Those choking and
gagging episodes were awful to watch. So he didn't quite make it to
9...a pretty short run for a cat but at least he had a home since he
started out as a little feral stray. And he was a pretty happy cat,
played a lot, loved Abbey. The euthanasia part never bothers me all
that much, I am glad to be able to be with them. It's the time leading
up to it when you are torn with indecision that is the hardest for me.
So the worst is over (for me) and I think he's up there with Emily,
Cory, Miles. and all the stray outdoor kitties we have had since living
here and I hope he's eating a nice, big meal again.

Thank you for your concern. He was a very good and handsome boy.
There's something about an orange cat; it's such an unlikely color for
a cat when you think about it and his orange was very orange. I'll
miss my orange kitty.

Candace

See my cats, including Scottie:
http://photos.yahoo.com/maccandace

"...rise up slowly, Angel. It's hard to let you go"
He suffers no more. Sincere condolences. MLB
Old March 1st 06, 01:34 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

I am crying as if he were my own. We are soooooooooo sorry for your
loss.

Old March 1st 06, 03:25 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

"Candace" wrote in message
ups.com...

Candace,

I'm very sorry to hear about Scottie.

--
Liz

Old March 1st 06, 05:11 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

Candace wrote:

Thank you for your concern. He was a very good and handsome boy.
There's something about an orange cat; it's such an unlikely color for
a cat when you think about it and his orange was very orange. I'll
miss my orange kitty.

Candace

oh, im so sorry

I guess you can find a tad of comfort, knowing that Scottie knew he was
well loved.

Are you going to bury him in your yard?

I buried mine in the back yard. I'll never forget him.

This is just me talking, maybe you are able to get away for a few days
or more
maybe visit relatives and friends...I couldn't get away, but it helped
me to talk to people that I know cared about me, I could get some hugs
and some luvs. It really helped me to talk to friends...but I didn't
want to stay home alone.

I'll put you in my prayers tonight, best to you and your husband
Candace.

Barry

Old March 1st 06, 05:17 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

Darn, Candace, I was hoping for better news.

You really went the extra mile for your boy -- I hope you know that. I'm
glad you brought him home with you from the hospital the first time, he
had more time to enjoy with you.

I wish he could have stayed around longer, but in looking at his
pictures it looks like he had such a full and happy life.

He was a handsome boy. I've never seen an orange guy with such a cute,
white mustache.

Take care of yourself, Candace. And I wish Scottie a peaceful trip to
the bridge.

Rhonda

Old March 1st 06, 05:21 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

I'm so sorry for your loss. Scottie had a wonderful home with you and
you are obviously a great kitty parent.
Orange cats are indeed the best. My first cat, an orange tabby with
golden eyes, was the best cat in the world. Scottie excepted, of
course.

Stacia

Old March 1st 06, 07:27 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

"Candace" wrote in message
ups.com...

I had him put to sleep this afternoon. He had an esophageal stricture
meaning the opening was very narrow. The vet felt it was probably
cancer

I'm very sorry to hear this. You have my deepest sympathies.

Phil

Old March 1st 06, 11:44 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

I had him put to sleep this afternoon. He had an esophageal stricture
meaning the opening was very narrow. The vet felt it was probably
cancer

Hugs and Purrs

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs