Christmas Trees

Old December 14th 03, 02:16 PM
Iain & Deb

Default Christmas Trees

It may be time to try to tie up the tree. We have an artificial tree,
about 6 ft. tall, and Jezebel is the first cat I've had in a long time
who wants to climb it! She's just 2 1/2, and she and Phantom are the
first young cats we've had for many years, so I'm just not used to having
to secure the tree. (The last cat I remember doing this was Woody, bless
his little kitty heart; we had real trees back then, and they were in a
much sturdier base)

So, does anyone have any tips for keeping the tree from falling over?
I'm afraid someone might get hurt, and I'm rather fond of some of my
ornaments (I hang them high to keep them from harms way, and that usually
works).

I did give her a talking to, but was she listening? Or just planning her
next attempt?

Deb
--
"Maybe Christmas, he thought, doesn't come from a store."
-- Theodor Seuss Geisel
Old December 15th 03, 12:32 AM
rose ricciuto

We just put some cement block pieces on the legs of the base and cover
it up with a tree skirt. Our newest kitten - 1 year old and huge just
loves to climb the tree and it hasn't fallen over yet but he has
destroyed a couple of ornaments. Spray bottle is working well - it
reaches clear across the room. I just need to remember to keep it at
hand!

Old December 15th 03, 01:19 AM
Barb

I tie the tree to the ceiling. I've done this every year although my 13 and
14 year olds haven't tried to climb the tree for a few years (as far as I
know). This year we were also blessed with a two month old kitten who so
far hasn't tried to climb the tree. She is now 8 months old, prime climbing
age.

We have an air conditioning vent right above the tree. Or you could install
a hook up there.
--
Barb
I can only please one person a day.