Grandcat Trouble

Old December 12th 03, 08:01 PM
Sherry

Do you have a 6 foot stepladder? Can you set it up by a window until he
goes back home? That might be a good compromise, and if you want to get
fancy and send it home with him you can make a taller version of this:
http://www.nd.edu/~akolaczy/catladder.html

Megan

nothing."

-Edmund Burke

How cute! I can make one of those! I even have some of those cardboard tubes in
different sizes out in the garage. My DH brings them home from work--they use
them to ship parts in. I don't think it will settle Wild Child down any but it
would be perfect to send home with the little beggar.
This has been a real experiece and just makes me laugh at myself mostly. I
grabbed him off the door facing just now and said "We don't DO that at
Grandmother's house!!!"
Like that's going to do any good.

Sherry

Old December 12th 03, 10:55 PM
Cheryl

m. L. Briggs wrote in on 12
Dec 2003:

Take lots of pictures. MLB

I second this psot!

--
Cheryl

"I am only one, but still I am one. I cannot do everything, but still I
can do something. I will not refuse to do the something I can do."
- Helen Keller

Worldwide Candle Lighting in Memory of all Children, Dec 14, 2003 7pm in
all time zones
http://thecompassionatefriends.org/2...L/2003_wcl.htm
http://thecompassionatefriends.org/2003_WWCL/senres.htm

-this in memory of my Eric-
Old December 12th 03, 10:55 PM
Cheryl

m. L. Briggs wrote in on 12
Dec 2003:

Take lots of pictures. MLB

I second this psot!

Old December 13th 03, 12:06 AM
blkcatgal

My kitten (now 6 mos.) does the same thing....also climbs a pole that
divides our family room from the kitchen. I bought a cat tree for him and
he climbs that too. Not sure how to get him to stop the climbing. Just
waiting for him to get a little older to see if he calms down a bit.

Sue

"Sherry " wrote in message
OK, here's one for all of you.
I am babysitting the grandcat for two weeks. We've had no problems with
integration, probably because my old cats are pretty well accustomed to
occasional interlopers by now.
This cat is about 6 months old, an orange tabby, and he is a wild child.

His
least endearing trick is scaling the door facings. I've never had a cat do
this. He climbs to the top, like it was a tree. I'm sure with a little age

and
maturity he'll settle down. In the meantime, I'd like to gather whatever
suggestions anyone has.

Sherry