Brando gives Wolfie H*ll

Old April 5th 04, 09:35 PM
Ginger-lyn Summer

Default Brando gives Wolfie H*ll

Now, I have always heard that cats communicate with each other via
body language rather than sounds, with the exception of growls and
hisses. But meowing, I have heard, is reserved for communicating with
us two-leggeds.

So the other day, Wolfie is sitting on top of one of our dead TVs in
the living room (believe me, old, used TVs have short lifespans!), and
Brando is sitting on the floor in front of him. The day before,
Wolfie had been picking on Brando because Brando stole his food (the
nerve!). But sitting on top of the biggest dead TV is also a favorite
spot for the cat crew.

Suddenly, Brando lets loose with a *loud* stream of meowing at Wolfie.
I mean, I swear I could hear cat curse words in there! "Mrrrroowwww
MEEEOOOWWW mrrrrowwwwwww!," he said. We were utterly astonished. Was
Brando giving Wolfie hell for picking on him?

A little later, we looked over, and there was Brando, contentedly
sitting in the spot Wolfie had been in during the tirade.

I guess Brando just wanted that spot!

Ginger-lyn

Old April 5th 04, 10:09 PM
Kreisleriana

On Mon, 05 Apr 2004 20:35:04 GMT, (Ginger-lyn
Summer) yodeled:

Now, I have always heard that cats communicate with each other via
body language rather than sounds, with the exception of growls and
hisses. But meowing, I have heard, is reserved for communicating with
us two-leggeds.

So the other day, Wolfie is sitting on top of one of our dead TVs in
the living room (believe me, old, used TVs have short lifespans!), and
Brando is sitting on the floor in front of him. The day before,
Wolfie had been picking on Brando because Brando stole his food (the
nerve!). But sitting on top of the biggest dead TV is also a favorite
spot for the cat crew.

Suddenly, Brando lets loose with a *loud* stream of meowing at Wolfie.
I mean, I swear I could hear cat curse words in there! "Mrrrroowwww
MEEEOOOWWW mrrrrowwwwwww!," he said. We were utterly astonished. Was
Brando giving Wolfie hell for picking on him?

My little Mimi's (RB) vocabulary changed completely when I brought
Stinky home. The only time in her entire life I had ever heard her
hisspit was when I once accidentally stepped on her tail. Once Stinky
joined the houshold, her language got a lot more shocking for a little
nun.

A little later, we looked over, and there was Brando, contentedly
sitting in the spot Wolfie had been in during the tirade.

I guess Brando just wanted that spot!

Ginger-lyn

Theresa
alt.tv.frasier FAQ:
http://www.im-listening.net/FAQ/

Single-mindedness is all very well in cows or baboons; in an animal
claiming to belong to the same species as Shakespeare it is simply disgraceful.
(Aldous Huxley)
Old April 6th 04, 01:20 AM
Duke of URL

"Ginger-lyn Summer" wrote in message

[...]

Well, every night (just as I want to go to sleep), Chaos hops up on a wicker
clothes hamper. Killer hurries over and glares at her. Then they spend 20-30
minutes calling each other obscene names and arguing. He raises up and tries
to bite her feet - she whaps him on the head 8 or 7 times very quickly, then
they go back to cursing, followed by more bite/whapwhapwhap...
--
The One-and-only Holy Moses

Old April 6th 04, 01:36 AM
JoJo

sounds like my house - Elmo and Stumbles don't get along so every now and
then Elmo decides it's time to pick on Tumbs. Then there's Mama Zoo, one
minute she's sweet and lovable, next minute she's growling, complaining and
then swats at anyone in her vicintiy. Ah the sweet sounds of home

JoJo
http://home.comcast.net/~zookeepr/fosters.html

Old April 6th 04, 02:58 PM
Kreisleriana

On Mon, 5 Apr 2004 19:20:09 -0500, "Duke of URL"
yodeled:

"Ginger-lyn Summer" wrote in message
.. .

[...]

Hee hee-- sounds like Stinky and the late lamented Mimi. Mimi was
about a third his size, and always pound him on the head.

Theresa