Cats in my Nightmare - (long and GW)

Old September 24th 05, 04:18 PM
jmcquown

Default Cats in my Nightmare - (long and GW)

I can only guess the nightmare I had last night was a combination of recent
events - having travelled out of town for a week, Katrina and now Rita
represented by the water element, and lost or abandoned cats. This was a
doozy of a nightmare. It played out like a movie.

My boyfriend and I (for some reason it wasn't someone I know!) were staying
at an old motel way out in the middle of nowhere. The people who owned the
place had about 4 cats, one being an adorable seal point hoolikitten. And I
had Persia with me. Anyway, The first sign of things not being right was
when I picked my hairbrush up out of a puddle. Don't know why it was there,
you know how dreams are. It had this weird gunk in the bristles and when I
tried to pull it out it started foaming up and literally ate through the
brush handle. Of course I freaked. My boyfriend was as puzzled as I.

One day the swimming pool was empty. I went over to ask why and was told
"It's October". Oh, okay. There were actually two swimming pools, one
right next to the other. But the next time I walked past it it was not only
full of water but gushing over into the other pool. At this point it
overflowed the other pool and the water ran UP an incline behind the second
pool and sort of gelled there. Uh oh, this ain't right. This ain't right
at all! Meanwhile, people had gotten into the first pool and were swimming
around, splashing, playing. I was trying to tell them something was really
wrong but no one would listen.

Everyone who swam in the pool started to change once they got out. Some of
them just sort of got covered with that foamy stuff like on my hairbrush and
disintigrated. Others just collapsed. Those of us who didn't get in the
pool were okay, for now... if we didn't touch anyone who did.

Here's the gross part. Mice and birds started feeding on what was left.
Then the cats (not my Persia! who stayed in the room) started doing what
outdoor cats do, catching and eating the mice and birds. They didn't get
foamy or disintigrate, but they all got bony and thin like they were
starving. I was trying to feed them all kibble (I have no idea what
happened to the owners of the place) but no matter what I did they were just
wasting away before my eyes. And then Persia somehow went missing; all that
was there was her collar.

We were trying to think up a plan to get everyone away from there and inform
some authority of the very sci-fi things that were happening at this motel
(apparently no one had a cell phone - ha!). The pool was emptied but the
next day it started filling up again. This time there was stuff in the
water. Disposable razors, thumb tacks, debris, like that. And the water
was an odd shade of brown. And STILL some people jumped in the pool, as if
they couldn't even see it! These people didn't foam up or melt or whatever,
they just became *different*. They were trying to drag other people into
the pool. My boyfriend got pulled in. I saw his eyes glow bright yellow,
then as I screamed he reached up and pulled another woman in and they sank
to the bottom and never resurfaced.

All I remember of the end was trying to round up the poor, bony, pitiful
cats and try to find Persia and get the hell out of there. I never did find
Persia and I woke myself up calling out for her. Immense relief when I
realized she was curled up next to me on the bed. Man, that was one hell of
a nightmare.

Jill

Old September 24th 05, 05:32 PM
Sir Weeble Wobblybottom

OH no!!!!

Dat a vurry turrabal dreem! To have Preshus Persia to go Missing!

I not sleep fur a loong time if dat happen!!

Pleez give her pettins and skritchins from her Sweet Weebs, an tell her I
not efur havin dat kinda dreem!

Weebles

Old September 24th 05, 11:44 PM
Pat

If that dream was a symbolic vision of the future, we're all in deep
trouble....

Old September 25th 05, 12:01 AM
CatNipped

Top-posting because I was too chicken to read it right now after all the
Katrina trauma. But I wanted to send purrs that your mind settles down and
you'll get some peaceful sleep with good dreams tonight.

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old September 25th 05, 06:06 AM
mlbriggs

On Sat, 24 Sep 2005 10:18:58 -0500, jmcquown wrote:

[...]

I am amazed that you can remember the details of your dream. I dream a
lot, but when I try to remember a dream i get only fragments. The harder
I try to remember, the faster the dream leaves my memory. MLB

Old September 25th 05, 06:33 AM
Marina

jmcquown wrote:

All I remember of the end was trying to round up the poor, bony, pitiful
cats and try to find Persia and get the hell out of there. I never did find
Persia and I woke myself up calling out for her. Immense relief when I
realized she was curled up next to me on the bed. Man, that was one hell of
a nightmare.

What a horrible dream. I hope it got the anxiety of recent events out of
your system and you will sleep peacefully again. I had a terrible dream
about Miranda last night. For some reason, I had to have her locked up
in a separate room (I was living in a big mansion) up in an attic. I
went to see her, and she was shaking, she was so terrified of something.
I don't remember much else of the dream, and have no idea why I'd had to
lock her up, I just remember I felt horrible about it. Miranda's had a
*lot* of pettins and skritchins this morning!

--
Marina, Frank, Miranda and Caliban. In loving memory of Nikki.
marina (dot) kurten (at) iki (dot) fi
Old September 25th 05, 02:49 PM
Pat

"mlbriggs" wrote

I am amazed that you can remember the details of your dream. I dream a
lot, but when I try to remember a dream i get only fragments. The harder
I try to remember, the faster the dream leaves my memory. MLB

A small pouch containing a Herkimer diamond and Rhodochrosite under your
pillow will help you remember dreams.

Old September 25th 05, 03:33 PM
jmcquown

Pat wrote:
"mlbriggs" wrote

I am amazed that you can remember the details of your dream. I
dream a lot, but when I try to remember a dream i get only
fragments. The harder I try to remember, the faster the dream
leaves my memory. MLB

A small pouch containing a Herkimer diamond and Rhodochrosite under
your pillow will help you remember dreams.

I don't know about the pouch thing, but I often have very vivid dreams
(although not like this one!) and I often remember most, if not all,
details. I also dream in colour. Lots of people tell me they don't know if
they do or not.

Jill

Old September 25th 05, 04:22 PM
jmcquown

mlbriggs wrote:
On Sat, 24 Sep 2005 10:18:58 -0500, jmcquown wrote:

I can only guess the nightmare I had last night was a combination of
recent events - having travelled out of town for a week, Katrina and
now Rita represented by the water element, and lost or abandoned
cats. This was a doozy of a nightmare. It played out like a movie.

I am amazed that you can remember the details of your dream. I dream
a lot, but when I try to remember a dream i get only fragments. The
harder
I try to remember, the faster the dream leaves my memory. MLB

I usually do remember a lot of details, particularly with something vividly
nightmarish like this. I also have a tendency to wake up and try to shake
off the dream but when I fall back asleep I find myself right back in the
same dream again. It's almost like I'm watching a film that I've paused and
then turned back on again. With one as disturbing as this, that can be very
annoying.

Jill

Another forward Nanny Cat anecdotes 0 September 4th 05 08:31 PM
My first trip to the Humane Society (LONG) Dan Cat health & behaviour 18 July 11th 05 12:48 AM
Vomiting cat bookbug2005 Cats - misc 57 April 10th 05 09:42 PM
Cat predation studies Alison Cat health & behaviour 48 February 5th 04 03:17 AM
Long distance move with two cats Jonathan Sachs Cat community 8 July 17th 03 12:27 AM