Expectations about weight OT

Old May 9th 06, 03:49 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default Expectations about weight OT

On 2006-05-07, Jo Firey penned:

Trouble is, even getting to the root of the problem, understanding
exactly why you eat at inappropriate times or in excessive amounts
won't solve the problem.

Not on its own, no, but it can help.

--
monique, who spoils Oscar unmercifully

Old May 9th 06, 03:51 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default Rude Comments about Weight - Was: Expectations about weight OT

On 2006-05-09, Flippy penned:

This reminds me of the time I was at my ex's for Christmas dinner.
My sister and her husband were there too, there were about 20 people
at the table. Everyone at the table was asked if they wanted a
second helping - except me! Jeez, how rude!

Ugh. That's horrible.

--
monique, who spoils Oscar unmercifully

Old May 9th 06, 03:52 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On 2006-05-08, Dan M penned:
There definitely seems to be a double standard when it comes to how
acceptable fat men are vs. fat women. Although I'm sure fat men
get plenty of crap from other people, too.

We do, but keeping a perpetual scowl on your face greatly reduces
the frequency with which it occurs. And that scowl isn't at all hard
to maintain if you get as disgusted as I do with the state of
society.

=/

--
monique, who spoils Oscar unmercifully

Old May 9th 06, 03:54 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On 2006-05-08, Christina Websell penned:

But at least we can escape back here when RL ain't so good to us.

Amen!

--
monique, who spoils Oscar unmercifully

Old May 9th 06, 03:55 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On 2006-05-09, badwilson penned:

OMG, my mom has done that exact thing! And the woman did understand
and also replied in German. My mom was totally embarressed, hee
hee! But she learned her lesson and now doesn't comment loudly in
German anymore.

At least your mom learned her lesson! My mom is incorrigible.

--
monique, who spoils Oscar unmercifully

Old May 9th 06, 03:56 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On 2006-05-08, Christina Websell penned:

"Monique Y. Mudama" wrote in message

My mother didn't have it either. She has upset all her children at
some point. I think I've posted this before but two of her most
spectacular non-filters we to me "do you think it would have
been better if I'd had you adopted?" and to my sister in law on
announcing her second pregnancy "oh, no, not another birthday to buy
for.."

Despite that we would all like her back. We miss her a lot.

Absolutely. I love my mother and often despair of being able to tell
her how much she means to me. But it's also true that she drives me
nuts!

--
monique, who spoils Oscar unmercifully

Old May 9th 06, 04:37 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Flippy" wrote in message
Speaking about weight, I've never had so many rude comments as when I
recently gained weight (due to medical reasons.) Some of the comments:

OMG, you're so fat!
(Really, I hadn't noticed...)

Why are you so fat?
(Why are you so rude?)

You should lose weight.
(You should grow a brain...)

I liked you better when you were slim.
(Well, I never liked you at all...)

My response these days tends to be "Yup, I'm fat and you are ugly. At I can
lose weight, what are you gonna do about that ugly that goes all the way
through?"

Or alternatively "Yeah, but check out these enormous boobs I got with the
fat!" as I thrust my generous chest area into their face. That works well,
particularly on men :-)

Old May 9th 06, 05:12 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Karen wrote:
**boggle**!!!

Me too! {{{Flippy}}}

Old May 9th 06, 05:17 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Christine K. wrote:

Well, I've had a total stranger comment on my buying cookies with
something like "you don't really need those". No, Marina, it wasn't a
Finn but, by the sound of it, an American.

I'd have been surprised if it had been a Finn. We don't speak to
strangers, at least not here in Helsinki. ;o)