What do YOUR cats do all day long?

Old January 10th 07, 11:35 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Magic Mood JeepŠ

Default What do YOUR cats do all day long?

http://www.stupidvideos.com/video/an...me_Lapse_Cats/

--
The ONE and ONLY
in Bloomington! (And proud of it, too)Š

Old January 10th 07, 05:34 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

Magic Mood JeepŠ wrote:
http://www.stupidvideos.com/video/an...me_Lapse_Cats/

It's what I've always suspected - they sleep all day while I'm away.

Old January 10th 07, 06:12 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Winnie

Marina wrote:

It's what I've always suspected - they sleep all day while I'm away.

Rusty definitely sleeps all day. I thought it is because he is old.

Winnie

Old January 11th 07, 02:00 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Takayuki

"Magic Mood JeepŠ" wrote:
http://www.stupidvideos.com/video/an...me_Lapse_Cats/

They're cute.

Then you might wonder, what do they do all night then? But John
(Zorin) once posted a time lapse movie of his Lynxie at night, and he
slept the whole time in his little basket.

Old January 11th 07, 10:28 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown

Winnie wrote:
Marina wrote:

It's what I've always suspected - they sleep all day while I'm away.

Rusty definitely sleeps all day. I thought it is because he is old.

Winnie

I believe cats normally sleep about 18 hours a day. Fortunately for me,
Persia doesn't seem to be too nocturnal. If I'm having a good nights sleep
she rarely gets the zoomies and leaps around on the bed. She curls up next
to me. I know she prowls around a bit at night but she's polite about it

Jill

Old January 12th 07, 01:13 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)

Marina wrote:

Magic Mood JeepŠ wrote:

http://www.stupidvideos.com/video/an...me_Lapse_Cats/

It's what I've always suspected - they sleep all day while I'm away.

And when I'm here, too! (A healthy cat normally sleeps
between eighteen and twenty hours a day.)

Old January 12th 07, 01:19 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

jmcquown wrote:

Winnie wrote:

Marina wrote:

It's what I've always suspected - they sleep all day while I'm away.

Rusty definitely sleeps all day. I thought it is because he is old.

Winnie

I believe cats normally sleep about 18 hours a day. Fortunately for me,
Persia doesn't seem to be too nocturnal. If I'm having a good nights sleep
she rarely gets the zoomies and leaps around on the bed. She curls up next
to me. I know she prowls around a bit at night but she's polite about it

Since we've moved to Arizona and my two have more room to
"zoom" (not only a larger apartment, but more windows, and a
"pass-through" area because the bathroom has a door into one
bedroom and a door into the hall). Nights here are much
colder than in Southern California, so most of the night
they sleep on top of me (cutting circulation). However,
every once in a while they play tag, one or both bouncing
off of me a few times in the mad dash around the apartment.
(Then, once they have me wide awake, they zonk out on top of
the bed again.)
Old January 12th 07, 07:01 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Shiral

Magic Mood JeepŠ wrote:
http://www.stupidvideos.com/video/an...me_Lapse_Cats/

--
The ONE and ONLY
in Bloomington! (And proud of it, too)Š

Well, I don't know what mine do ALL day. This morning though, Nina was
having a nice nap under the comforter and making a little Nina-sized
hill on the sunny patch of the bed. Francesca was stretched out full
length on the nice, sunny window sill, soaking up some rays.
I think Nina's protesting my comparitively low setting on the
thermostat. But honestly, I could turn it up to 75, and she STILL
wouldn't be satisfied! I should get used to it, as an unusually cold
weekend is forecast for my part of the country. My function, as
always, will be 'heated padded food dispenser.' =o)

Melissa