Ize opened ur doorz & ize readin ur paperz

Old June 21st 07, 05:33 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Exocat[_2_]

Default Ize opened ur doorz & ize readin ur paperz

Oh dear, it's finally happened: Claudius has stopped being 'norty' for long
enough to work out the final door conundrum to breach all my security. And
yes, I'm more than afraid, I'm petrified....

First when quite young he hit on the "jump up, pull down on handle and push"
so opening-outwards doors were no obstacle.

A few months later hooking open a sliding door was achieved.

Right away hooking and sliding open a desk drawer was accomplished.

Now, at age 2, he's got what I though only my hyper-bright half-burmese
Kensey (RB) would ever get:
the "jump up, pull down and unlatch handle and pull towards myself while
still hanging but gripping the doorjamb with my back feet" conundrum.

Absolutely nothing is now safe

Added to which, the less physically adept Snowball the Ragdoll has the habit
of pawing through and rearranging my piles of paperwork...............

How long before they send for the renderer to turn me into kitty treats, I
wonder?

Purrs
Gordon & the FF

Old June 21st 07, 06:56 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Exocat wrote:

Oh dear, it's finally happened: Claudius has stopped being 'norty' for long
enough to work out the final door conundrum to breach all my security. And
yes, I'm more than afraid, I'm petrified....

First when quite young he hit on the "jump up, pull down on handle and push"
so opening-outwards doors were no obstacle.

A few months later hooking open a sliding door was achieved.

Right away hooking and sliding open a desk drawer was accomplished.

Now, at age 2, he's got what I though only my hyper-bright half-burmese
Kensey (RB) would ever get:
the "jump up, pull down and unlatch handle and pull towards myself while
still hanging but gripping the doorjamb with my back feet" conundrum.

Oh, no! You'll have to install locks on all your doors.

A couple of weeks ago, I saw Roxy doing the "hooking arm through bar
and sliding open the shower door" maneuver. I think she's smarter than
she looks.

Joyce
Old June 21st 07, 07:03 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

Exocat wrote:

Now, at age 2, he's got what I though only my hyper-bright half-burmese
Kensey (RB) would ever get:
the "jump up, pull down and unlatch handle and pull towards myself while
still hanging but gripping the doorjamb with my back feet" conundrum.

Frank used to do this. It's pretty amazing when they figure that one
out. Frank also hated closed doors, so he would sometimes go on a
rampage and open all doors in the flat - including closets and
cupboards. Be afraid, be very afraid.